Home

Supreme Commander

swphreak

There is a Supreme Commander Closed MP Beta. I can't believe I only heard of this til recently.

If anyone else would care to join in so Phreak will have someone to play with. Right now, I can barely manage to build a land factory to build tanks. The game is on a pretty massive scale, and I'm hoping the stuttering and slow downs are due to it being in Beta form. My computer is no slouch when it comes to hardware, so I'm a little concerned about that.

The Closed Beta does require you to have a [free] FilePlanet/GameSpy/Whatever-it-is account to get a Beta Key.

Known about the game since before E3 and I was interested, can't say I am after the beta. It's just not my thing, I prefer sandbox squad RTSes.

Seriously you didn't know about it? Was considered most promising RTS/one of the most promising pc games at last E3.

Hehe, that's what I meant. So, have you had the chance to try it ?

If anyone else would care to join in so Phreak will have someone to play with. Right now, I can barely manage to build a land factory to build tanks. The game is on a pretty massive scale, and I'm hoping the stuttering and slow downs are due to it being in Beta form. My computer is no slouch when it comes to hardware, so I'm a little concerned about that.

Yeah, I've been playing the Beta. Mostly playing Sandbox matches with myself, playing around with the three sides. I haven't encountered any bugs yet, maybe a few quirks, but nothing bug reporting material.

Of course I've yet to play a real match yet. I don't feel like getting my ass handed to me. If they'd unlock bots, I'd play against them.

Someone play with me!

So far, I like the Aeon. They have a giant submersible naval yard with a giant ass cannon of sorts, and a giant Flying Fortress with an Independence Day like superlaser.

the UEF is pretty much unbeatable if you get to tech 3 quick enough and start pumping out the lvl 3 gunships (broadswords). Theyre effectively what the brawler was in TA, but far more powerful :)

Theres still a lot of performance issues to fix with the game. But this beta is just for gameplay bugs, not for optimization :)

Oh, and nukes rape. That is all :)

the UEF is pretty much unbeatable if you get to tech 3 quick enough and start pumping out the lvl 3 gunships (broadswords). Theyre effectively what the brawler was in TA, but far more powerful :)

Theres still a lot of performance issues to fix with the game. But this beta is just for gameplay bugs, not for optimization :)

OMGWTF TEH GONK!!!!11111:eek:

Don't forget the commanders. You send yours over and it'll take out your enemy's entire base. I haven't tried com bombing with the support commanders.

I've gotten comfortable with the Cybran. It feels like their shields are the biggest and storngest. One of them took a full blast from an exploding commander and everything inside was still alive.

And yes, the performance eally needs improving. I can't play anything higher than 1v1, otherwise it gets too laggy.

Archived