Home

Remove flashing red DP and the sound that it makes

Maxstate

A truly irritating feature of OJP.

It's unnecessary and it doesn't really do it's job. Your DP flashing red doesn't actually mean jack **** because you can usually still push rockets, deflect and parry like normal.

It confuses both the hell out of me and other newbs and it makes it impossible to read your exact DP level because of it's wild and flashing behaviour. Just make it stay green all the way down to 0, people will notice low DP without it.

It's unnecessary and it doesn't really do it's job. Your DP flashing red doesn't actually mean jack **** because you can usually still push rockets, deflect and parry like normal.

No, but it does mean that one or two more unparried hits with a saber or a few more laser blasts (especially if your running) will kill you, so its not without its use. It also means your vulnerable to force power or superbreaks as well. I don't mind if the sound is taken out, but there should still be at least some sign that you're at critical.

maybe the sound can be replaced by some kind of heavy breathing to show fatigue?

That has been suggested in a past, however, heavy breathing is kind of player specific sound. I suppose that we could maybe try using some of the player specific sounds (like the pain noises) but I'm not sure that would sound right. I'm honestly pretty happy with the current sound. I've gotten used to it and it's a GREAT indication that you're about to be toast.

However, I can understand if it's too overbearing. I'm open to having someone come up with a replacement noise.

Archived