Home

Star Wars Galaxies - Im a Noob, Educate Me

Carlo El Sanchez

Ok i have never played Star Wars Galaxies before but now that i have seen screenshots and read alot about it i want it! everybody that has it and plays it could you please tell me about it...its an RPG no doubt ut is it like KOTOR ? does it attract as many players as WoW ? wich is the latest one or latest expansion ? and so forth.. please tell me about STAR WARS GALAXIES!!!!!

I liked KOTOR very much, and i can tell you that SWG reminds me ALOT of kotor!

but SWG has more star wars feeling than kotor and is in my opinion even better than Kotor!! becouse there is SO much to do!

When you play it for a while and starting to get into it you will like it very much!!

Im like you i have never played SWG before or any MMORPG so when i began to play SWG i liked it very much its very fun!

yeah there are a few things hinting at KotOR in the game, such as the restuss mandalorian crusader armor. it should keep you entertained for quite some time anyway. it does not have as many people as WoW has, though i have not played WoW. I'm on the Starsider server, I am kinda taking a holiday break from it though, to be honest. I play it way too much. it started getting to the point where on my lunch breaks i would literally race home just to get on it and see how everyone is doing. :p

It's not even close to as many players as WoW. Where once I could travel to many planets and find people all over the various planets..now the only place with constant population is the Mos Eisley cantina-at least on Starsider.

Combat was similar to Kotor as it was turn-based. With the NGE they got rid of that and it's now FPS style [yawn].

There has been no expansion in over a year. The Dev's have been "too busy fixing" the NGE. rofl

If you do decide to get it, I would get the Complete Online adventures as others have mentioned. It will give you all three expansions with a sweet vehicle mount that was in Episode 3.

WoW is nothing like SWG. SWG is much better even with the NGE. WoW is nothing but a bunch of newbie MMORPG players running around.

You newbie SWG players will learn why the NGE is awful, compaired to Pre-CU. Once the SWGEmu comes out I will be playing that, I hope you will to.

i think Wow looks so amazingly old fashioned, disgusting and rubbish i also would like SWG like Zalaabar and by the way it's £7 in the U.K. If i do get the game i'm going to join Starsider but if the devs hadn't messed around with the game and making NGE there would be so much more people and be so much more fun!!!!

lol, i was downloading the free trial of it and it took so long i got angry and deleted everything....i think its best if i just buy the complete online adventures. Also refering to what you wrote Darth Aida, the devs hadn't messed around with the game and making NGE there would be so much more people and be so much more fun!!!! what does that mean exactly ? are they gonna make the game more enjoyable with more people or do you mean they could have ?

And as far as servers are concerned, Starsider is the only one i've really played on...I've got toons on Ahazi and Bria...but I never really played them. And with the NGE I'm in no rush to go back and play. :/

Ummm... NGE has actualy ruined SWG. Now CU, and Pre-CU, that was amazing.

Reading his post, I think that's what he was trying to say Han. The lack of sentence structure and punctuation make it difficult to understand though. ;)

They have to work on the art of the game now, it's more important than any new useless content, such as holopets, paintings and decorations. The animations of the game looks HORRIBLE! and the cartoony particle effects they've added in the NGE are just silly! It's made me stopped PVP'ing, because I just can't take it serious. This is Star Wars, not some Batman movie from the 60's...

The animations of the game looks HORRIBLE! and the cartoony particle

I completely agree. I think that WoW's graphics are worse though.

Reading his post, I think that's what he was trying to say Han. The lack of sentence structure and punctuation make it difficult to understand though.

Oh, ok lol.

lol, i was downloading the free trial of it and it took so long i got angry and deleted everything....i think its best if i just buy the complete online adventures. Also refering to what you wrote Darth Aida, the devs hadn't messed around with the game and making NGE there would be so much more people and be so much more fun!!!! what does that mean exactly ? are they gonna make the game more enjoyable with more people or do you mean they could have ?

I mean they shouldn't have made Nge and yes they could have made it fun. Sorry i don't explain things do well! Lol. :)

Archived