Merged: the 2006 reader polls

Gabez

Best news story  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Best news story

• Bad Brain closing down (LOL)
    • Psychonauts 360 compatible
    • Bone gets "director's cut"
    • New Double Fine game may be multiplayer! (Maybe)
    • Ron Gilbert goes to Paris!
    • Jim Ward saves LucasArts
    • Psychonauts finally released in Europe
    • Psychonauts unleashed on Steam
    • Sam & Max is/are released!

Er, okay... I tried testing out a poll and it posted it without the questions and then when I tried to delete it, it left a note saying that I deleted it, which defeats the point of me deleting it in the first place, and it's left on there like a mysterious brown mark that appeared on my shirt the other week. Maybe no-one can see it, though; if so, don't read this paragraph.

I'm kinda sleepy now, but I know that if I leave this till the morning then I'll forget about it and I want to get it done this year. I'm reffering to some kind of reader award thing for the new year, which I've always meant to organise, but always forgotten about until several months into the new year. Anyway, here it is. I'll be posting four questions, and hopefully enough people will respond so that this doesn't embarass me. I'll try to merge the polls at the end. We'll see if it works.

Oh, and if you think of any good questions, or any voting options that aren't listed, post them in a reply. You can also cast your vote this way.

View the other questions in the main forum...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wait for it for years and years....and then it's finally there and you hardly notice it. That's what happens isn't it? yeah, I thought so...

Anyway, I voted the most eventfull event of the year. The holy and enlightening savior Jim Ward who rescued LucasArts from the horrible possibilites of having new adventure games, as well as having beardless emloyees who wanted to make 2-D games! OH how disgusting the FORCES OF EVIL from which good ol' Jim Ward saved us.

"And on the fifth day he greenlighted another Star Wars game..." - Lucas 11:38

Oh, the poll I proposed! wiii (If I use three "i"s then it's not owned by Nintendo)

I think it would be unethical to vote my very own and beloved The Dig Museum (although it wasn't THAT active in 2006 I think it was a bit more than most on the list) but YOU should.

Instead I voted Quick & Easy, I don't know who is behind that site or the magic tools developed by them. But they made quite a few this year, and I think those (or this) guys deserve a round of applause.

P.S: But don't forget WHO had the Exclusive Interviews to Michael Land and Bill Eaken... :)

Gee, I never posted so much in so short time. I don't even know If I'm suppoused to explain my votes, but for some reason it feels right.

I'm really looking forward on more news on Tim's new and magic game, and as Thrillville's number one fan I would be expected to vote for it's glorious sequel. But this time my love went to Bill Tiller's opera prima.

Thanks, oh lovely Gabez.

If there was a GOLDEN MOJO AWARD OF 2006... I would vote YOU or to some SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT IN OVERALL MAGIC.

Anyway, I think all this polls an Mojo awards are truly great, I had the idea in the mid year of having Mojo Awards. But then I forgot to pitch it to any of the Mojo people. Thank god (or Jim Ward) we have Gabez!

I hope this sticks as a new Mojo annual tradition.

Archived