Home

The One Year Thread 2007: XWA's Celibatic Boogaloo

Rogue Nine

laundry = once a week.

... no space to put the dirty stuff.

Neither do I. (Or even the clean stuff for that matter.)

Still doesn't stop me. I am truly a virtuoso procrastinator... I have taken the art form to spectacular new heights.

I should see if there is a world record for putting things off... maybe after dinner,.. oh, and are the Simpson's and Family Guy on tonight? Right after that... I swear.

:dozey:

Norton AV is working normally again. Go figure.

Must have been some glitch at their end. Doesn't make me super happy that it has to "call home" when you start the PC to work normally. What if I had a dial-up connection... or this one wasn't even connected to the wider web? Should be a strictly stand-alone app, except for update downloads.

Maybe this is my last go-round with good ol' Norton... Start exploring other viable alternatives.

My drive was nice. The old town has really changed dramatically in many ways... but in many others it hasn't changed at all. I really miss the quiet, slower lifestyle of that area. If I could figure out how to maintain a career in the business I'm in and still manage to live far outside the city I'd have to jump on it in a second.

Of course, I haven't lived down there since before I was 15,.. so I'm remembering it through much younger eyes and hazy, golden filters of my formative years.

Still, the Plymouth coastline is (in my admittedly biased opinion) one of the most gorgeous sights you can view in the northeast part of the lower 48.

Got as far as the Bourne bridge before I stopped, had brunch (coffee and croissants...) overlooking the Cape Cod canal, and turned back. Clocked in at just about a 100 mile round trip using the routes I took.

Stopped for cat food, litter, and a couple of other supplies on the way back.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost every second day is laundry day. Sometimes even twice!

Maybe this is my last go-round with good ol' Norton... Start exploring other viable alternatives.

http://www.sophos.com (We use this one at work and for some of our customers; it's solid, stable, good for network solutions)

http://www.avira.com (comes with extra features like a firewall and such)

http://www.free-av.com (free "classic" version of AVIRA's personal edition, lacks some features like a firewall etc, but good nonetheless, I used this at home)

All of them are pretty easy with the resources, and don't need like half a gig for basic installation like Norton does.

However, this is what *I* use at the moment and it's my favorite so far: http://www.kernel.org :haw:

Almost every second day is laundry day. Sometimes even twice!

Then you need more clothes.

However, this is what *I* use at the moment and it's my favorite so far: http://www.kernel.org :haw:

I don't see myself completely switching to Linux any time soon. I simply could never generate enough of the air of snobbish, smug self-satisfaction to ever be considered a full-fledged card-carrying proper Linux geek.

I'll have to work on that before I could ever join the club...

I have a difficult enough time just keeping up with the Apple dweebs at work.

my damn muffler fell out of my car and dragged for 2 miles last night. it just couldn't hold on til my day off. mother ****er. -_-

So......going to try and get it to Kost Tire and bring in my 1 year warranty receipt and get that **** that couldn't wait taken care of. THEN tomorrow i must have my picture ID taken or i can't drive.......stupid dmv place not being opened.....-_- and i work 8-5, so scrap on that gonna have my sister drive me to work unless i want to risk being caught without a valid driver's license. i can't ****ing win. i hate this crap.

btw ghost recon 2 on lone wolf mode.......kicks ass.

Then you need more clothes.
Yeah, more clothes I hardly keep on my body. :dozey:

Serioulsy, with "wife" and kid, the laundry-factor multiplies by 23 or even 23.1 :p

I don't see myself completely switching to Linux any time soon. I simply could never generate enough of the air of snobbish, smug self-satisfaction to ever be considered a full-fledged card-carrying proper Linux geek.

I'll have to work on that before I could ever join the club...

Hmm. I don't know, there are enough No-Geek-Required-Linux-Distri out there. I personally am against black/white thinkers, who are all linux-whore-ish. But I like the idea to use software legally, without necessarily paying tons of money for every update. I'd like to solve problems without ending up reinstalling everything or paying another ton of money for an "educated" MS-Whatever-Guy who cannot help me either. I mean it's like a girl that says "**** me **** me **** me!!" all the time and you say "Yeah yeah cmon!" and then she says "You cannot, because I'll keep my clothes on. But please, **** me."

The next thing is software that "calls home". Without notifying the user before, or without that it's clearly documented, or that you know what data exactly is send. And you cannot ask for it or find out. I mean you pay money, and have no right to get this info?

I happily join (and ignore) the geek parade, but have clean and naked OS-sex when I want to.

I know, my analogies are ter rul!

well, i dragged my muffler over to the place and it should be fixed up by noon. :D

got home and found another surprise....an overdraft fee from the bank. i dunno how the hell that happened. oh well.

edit: just ordered Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike for my Xbox. After I beat that, gonna get Advanced Warfighter to complete my Ghost Recon collection! :D

Zarg: If you intend to get Supreme Commander, I will play you.

granted, i will ultimatly win, but meh. ;)

hell yeah, but I feel that the true fun of those is a few people vs a few more AI's.

I got the demo, its more plished than the older beta version I played, and the AI is a bit more forgiving.....

I am now going to try and add the beta maps to the demo, and maybe the 'missing' units.......as a 'mod'

Oh yeah, man. Beating up AI is fun.

Beating up close friends? better.

My friend is a RTS king, and me and him can have some pretty heavy wars. The SC beta we went at it for a good 2 hours, back and forth across this giant ass map. It wasn't squads of units fielded, oh no.

Armies. Battalions. Large clusters of "ZOMG death!". Hurled in every direction in vain attempts to slaughter the other.

I just didn't have enough anti-nuclear weapon defenses.... >.<

Anyway, went to work, ran the safety meeting. Planning the next, in the event I must stay at McDonalds.

Yeah, more clothes I hardly keep on my body. :dozey:

They let you go to work naked?!?? :confused: That's where most of my laundry seems to get generated. When I am on vacation and not leaving the house as often... a lot less dirty clothes to warsh.

Highlight of day: Giving myself a couple of nasty papercuts, one for each hand, unpacking the new handtrucks we ordered. I dunno what they were using, super-sharp reinforced cardboard or something, but I don't think I did anything radically out of the ordinary, however I was left with bloody hands anyway.

The rest of the day was one big party.

I've already explained to you how I feel about parties. :dozey:

Spent most of the day racking my brain for 5 "Great" ideas. We have a sort of brainstorming contest going on right now that everybody is supposed to contribute at least 5 "Great" departmental ideas by the end of the week, with prizes being handed out for the best.

So far I've come up with 2, maybe 3, weakish, totally mediocre at best, thoughts about what I should submit.

Not gonna win any prizes on this one. :rolleyes:

I'll have to scratch something out tomorrow, however. Don't see where I'm gonna have time to think about it at all later in the week... although I always do my very best work when right up against a deadline. I can't double guess myself then. Forces the perfectionist curse out of my system, and gets things going.

If I try to start things too early I spend all my time re-working the same thing over and over again... pissing-up-a-rope until the real deadline comes around anyway.

What did I say earlier about soaring to new, previously unexplored heights of procrastination...

:joy:

well even MORE good news! got the call at work from the place i dropped my car off....no it wasn't the muffler, it was the converter.......gonna cost $250 to get it fixed..yay!!!! every time i get more than $300 in the bank, i have to give it away. it never fails. o well i'm not upset about it, i was wondering what i was going to do with that much money anyway, i mean...i can't possibly need that much right. :rolleyes:

today i work 8-5, closed last night, went to bed at 12, set alarm for 5 and obeyed when it went off, so now i'm just not really here..a little tired but eh work was slow yesterday it will be slow again today with people wanting to get milk and bread and eggs to last them til next year because it's going to snow like 12 feet!!!!! /sarcasm.....****ing people.

Yeah, the weather folks on the news are in a frenzy of ecstasy, wetting themselves in joy, going absolutely ape-**** over the fact that we might actually get a couple of inches of snow on the ground finally this year. You might even be led to believe that this type of event has just NEVER HAPPENED in the history New England before today if you watch the TV. :rolleyes:

Doesn't sound like it's even going to be all that bad where I am. I have my doubts that anything will even get cancelled around here because of it.

Archived