Home

What did you think of Sion?

SykoRevan

What did you think of Sion?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Sion?

• Completely awesome, wanna see more of him!
    • Cool character for TSL
    • Ehh I still like Malak better
    • Didn't really live up to expectations
    • Worst character in the game!

Malak has never been redeemed and died as a Dark Lord. He admitted that he fail and wonder if he could be redeemed but knew that his time was over anyways.

You have the option to redeem Malak in KotOR 1 after the Star Forge showdown battle.

Also yeah, I guess Malak is a better general and is bettter at waging war.

But, in a one on one fight, I would put my money on Sion, due to the fact that he can rise from the dead infinite times and Malak wouldn't even bother trying to erode his will at all.

Sion would eventually kill him.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have the option to redeem Malak in KotOR 1 after the Star Forge showdown battle.

Also yeah, I guess Malak is a better general and is bettter at waging war.

But, in a one on one fight, I would put my money on Sion, due to the fact that he can rise from the dead infinite times and Malak wouldn't even bother trying to erode his will at all.

Sion would eventually kill him.

there is an dialogue options there but he will refuse in the end. Revan, as much as I am a fan boy, can't persuaded everyone to join the light side of the force again like he did. If he did, he would become closer to a Mary Sue.

Revan is known for his high intelligence, strong willpower and strong charisma.

Howbeit they are on the high end but they are not on the insane end.

One of the reasons Sion is a slave to his power, JCarter. it is that he is a slave to his own hatred and his own hatred fuels his dark sided healing.

Sion:Hate

Nihilus: Nihilism

Kreia: Bitterness, Betrayal, Death wish, cynicism, hopelessness

Jedi Exile if played as a Dedicated LS Jedi, is Hope, Hope tempered by wisdom.

Hope and Wisdom defeats Hatred, Nihilism, Bitterness, pains of Betrayal, bitterness, death wish, cynicism and hopelessness.

One of the reasons Sion is a slave to his power, JCarter. it is that he is a slave to his own hatred and his own hatred fuels his dark sided healing.

He's still a slave to it, though. Without the Force, he would die. And his Force powers are fueled by his pain and hate. He kills because if he didn't he'd die, not because he wants to. He's no different than Nihilus in that respect. The ancient Sith, on the other hand, weren't just after power for the sake of power.

Kreia: Bitterness, Betrayal, Death wish, cynicism, hopelessness

I wouldn't say Kreia is a slave to any of those things. She has a death wish, maybe, but that's only a symptom. She wants her beliefs to be proven true - that's her ultimate weakness. She's different than the others, though, in that she knows what her weakness is. But she can't give up the Force, and she can't kill the Force, so her only victory is in having the Exile kill her.

Quite overpowered personally, and a bit unrealistic even for the Star Wars universe (hell if I'm gonna go that route I may as well toss in Nihilis and Exile [only because of her 'Nihilisesque' power].

I much preferred villains like Malak, who were powerful, could potentially destroy life on a planet BUT realistically with the aid or a super weapon [which outside of the SW universe is not very realistic either].

"He brings you truth, and you condemn it?" (Kreia, TSL)

*facepalm*

Please open your eyes.

I, myself, have done this. This isn't a mod.

I wanted to share this with everyone, although it's not really my speed (but I LOVE the other ending included with this mod). This MOD's a little strange. It is only for Female, DS players. Strange because saving Malak would be something that a light sided player would do, but you can't trigger it unless you're dark sided. Anyway, this is part of Kristy Kistic's "2 Altered Endings" mod. You can find it here: http://www.kristykistic.110mb.com/mods/k1/k1010.php

It's neat to see what happens, but I'll admit that I laugh HARD at Malak, and the way he stands all stiff at the celebration at the end. Also, strange, is that since he apparently takes Zalbaar's place at the end, Zalbaar ends up M.I.A. (even though I don't kill him when I go DS). This MOD, basically turns a dark sided play thru into a light sided one. ;)

's description has the above

so it is a mod. and you have a modded game.

I don't have a modded game for fear of messing up my KotOR game.

And I achieved this alternate ending on my XBOX, not pc. And I have no idea how to mod KotOR on consoles.

I didn't mod this game. It is fully possible to achieve the alternate ending on the console version.

did you buy an used xbox?

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Two_Alternate_Endings;85802

Kristy Kistic is the modder of that ending. And you are a troll or uninformed or have a modded Xbox. Yes you can mod your xbox to accept PC mods.

1) My XBOX (old one, not 360, and it broke) was bought legally and new. Not used. I'm not uninformed.

2) Ok. Good to know I can mod by XBOX, but I can't anymore XD.

3) I am not a troll. I hate them A LOT (internet trolls).

4) As you can see, I am obviously a troll by coming to this thread and voicing my opinion of Sion and Malak. I didn't even know this argument would happen.

5) I don't know when this mod was created, but my old XBOX broke around '06. That would be a six-year-old mod at NEWEST.

1) My XBOX (old one, not 360, and it broke) was bought legally and new. Not used. I'm not uninformed.

2) Ok. Good to know I can mod by XBOX, but I can't anymore XD.

3) I am not a troll. I hate them A LOT (internet trolls).

4) As you can see, I am obviously a troll by coming to this thread and voicing my opinion of Sion and Malak. I didn't even know this argument would happen.

5) I don't know when this mod was created, but my old XBOX broke around '06. That would be a six-year-old mod at NEWEST.

Well there are no files outside what link I showed you that showed you that it is a mod. There is no Legal or canon way for Malak to be redeemed thru the vanilla game.

With a good modder, there is several interesting mods ranging from Brotherhood of the Shadow to custom abilities to weapons and armor Mods.

Well there are no files outside what link I showed you that showed you that it is a mod. There is no Legal or canon way for Malak to be redeemed thru the vanilla game.

With a good modder, there is several interesting mods ranging from Brotherhood of the Shadow to custom abilities to weapons and armor Mods.

Gah! Why did this argument even happen?! Sorry dude.

The point is, I believe Sion is a better Sith than Malak.

I much preferred villains like Malak, who were powerful, could potentially destroy life on a planet BUT realistically with the aid or a super weapon [which outside of the SW universe is not very realistic either].

We're talking about who's the better Sith, not villain.

We all know that they were both pretty evil and loved killing.

I remember when I was really young with no clue how to build my character... So here I was, with the crappiest character possible, fighting Sion, and it took forever to beat him. When I finally defeated him 1st round - with about 3 HP left - I went, "YES!" AND THEN.. he regened...

Anyways, I always thought of Sion as a harder Malak - unlike Malak, you couldn't stop Sion from regenerating. Not only that, but he hit harder. Storywise, to me, he was like Bane from TDKR.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Enduring pain, super strength, badass voice and power... For much of the game I was actually convinced that he was the main villain and there'd be this epic plot twist revealing every little secret about him. But felt his character was ruined by an old hag who rudely turned useful only AFTER leaving your party. >.> In the end, such an awesome character turned out to be merely a pawn.. which was kind of inconceivable. (If you watched the movie, you'll probably get my analogy.)

I remember when I was really young with no clue how to build my character... So here I was, with the crappiest character possible, fighting Sion, and it took forever to beat him. When I finally defeated him 1st round - with about 3 HP left - I went, "YES!" AND THEN.. he regened...

Anyways, I always thought of Sion as a harder Malak - unlike Malak, you couldn't stop Sion from regenerating. Not only that, but he hit harder. Storywise, to me, he was like Bane from TDKR.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Enduring pain, super strength, badass voice and power... For much of the game I was actually convinced that he was the main villain and there'd be this epic plot twist revealing every little secret about him. But felt his character was ruined by an old hag who rudely turned useful only AFTER leaving your party. >.> In the end, such an awesome character turned out to be merely a pawn.. which was kind of inconceivable. (If you watched the movie, you'll probably get my analogy.)

Haha yeah....I used to suck at KotOR as well :(.

Took me 4 months just to get off Taris because I didn't know how to get into Lower City.

We're talking about who's the better Sith, not villain.

We all know that they were both pretty evil and loved killing.

Oh better Sith? Then in that case Revan, instead of just killing for the sake of killing he lured, trapped, and mind-raped Jedi and followers of the Jedi to his cause -- something only Malak only managed to half-ass. Sion's "me kill all flesh things" attitude leaves more to be desired.

Archived