Home

Battle of the Darths

Salzella

Well, actually - says who? SW is very inconsistent in that matter:

Grievous: "Having mechanical limbs has made me a four armed demigod with five lightsabers who can easily dispatch of multiple jedi at once! And somehow through the process I've even become Force sensitive (Sifo Dyas' blood anyone?)"

Vader: "Well, having mechanical limbs has made me a stiffy old man with no Force powers"

I also prefer the idea that Vader indeed grew more powerful both physically and in the Force and that his reasons for not overthrowing the Emperor were more of psychological nature (Palpatine was the master of manipulation and Vader a rather broken but still loyal man, so IMO that's rather plausible).

Oh, I know Lucas said otherwise... but IMO the whole concept of "I lose a part of my body so I'm weaker in the Force" stinks - would that also make physically bigger jedi greater Force users? Sorry Yoda, you are just to small to be a great Force user.... :-/

Oh, concerning the topic: Vader - in all the movies Anakin/Vader is the epitome of power - and EU generally suffers from the "We need to make up something bigger/more powerful/more important than the movies" effect, so I don't care if Darth Nihilus could suck up the whole Galaxy if he wanted to - that's IMO more bad writing than canon of any form.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, concerning the topic: Vader - in all the movies Anakin/Vader is the epitome of power - and EU generally suffers from the "We need to make up something bigger/more powerful/more important than the movies" effect, so I don't care if Darth Nihilus could suck up the whole Galaxy if he wanted to - that's IMO more bad writing than canon of any form.

But it's still canon. The fact is, Nihilus can suck up life like a chocolate milkshake through a straw. It may be bad writing (well, I don't think it is, but you certainly can if you want to), but it's still true. :)

But it's still canon. The fact is, Nihilus can suck up life like a chocolate milkshake through a straw. It may be bad writing (well, I don't think it is, but you certainly can if you want to), but it's still true.

Also note the downside of Nihilus. Sure, he can destroy planets...but that is all that he can do. He's just a monster, a barbaric animal with no humanity left in him. He given up everything, even the ability to speak normally, for this sort of "power"...but is it really that worthwhile?

Also note the downside of Nihilus. Sure, he can destroy planets...but that is all that he can do. He's just a monster, a barbaric animal with no humanity left in him. He given up everything, even the ability to speak normally, for this sort of "power"...but is it really that worthwhile?

Well, Kreia sure didn't think so, and frankly I tend to agree with her - what good is all that power if you're a void who cannot enjoy it? Does Nihilus even have "power" in that sense? Not according to Kreia, who tells he is as much a slave to his power as anything.

Whether he "gave up" anything to possess that "power" is more uncertain, since we know so little of Nihilus' origin. Somehow I don't think it was ever a choice. Still, I think K3 may explain that a bit...

Nihilus would not win really...Don't forget that He isn't a great Duelist,He can kill Worlds yes,but that Power has to have regenerating Limits ye' know?You left out Ajunta Pall,Marka Ragnos,Tulak Hord,Exar Kun,Naga Sadow...The Exile would win for sure.S/He was able to GIVE UP the Force,and still live after litterally slaughtering a World,and killing hundreds with the Mass Shadow Generator.S/He was able to defeat the Sith Trimvuate,and able to survive Kreia's Force Drain that would Kill someone and drain them of the Force.

They would team up against the Exile. Once he's dead, Nihilus starts with his drain.

That's the problem with these "battle royale" type things. It seems to me everyone would just team up on whoever they think is the most powerful, get rid of that person, then team up on the next, and so on and so forth. Of course while they are busy with that, Nihilus is off getting a fork and knife...

That's the problem with these "battle royale" type things. It seems to me everyone would just team up on whoever they think is the most powerful, get rid of that person, then team up on the next, and so on and so forth. Of course while they are busy with that, Nihilus is off getting a fork and knife...

Yeah, and I believe that each person on tis forum has a different opinion on who would team up with who. If teams stuff is included, it's nearly impossible to determine the victor.

Seriously, this should be more like a Tournament. 1 vs 1 duels, the winner moves on.

My bet on the final: Nihilus vs Exile, or Nihilus vs Revan, or Exile vs Revan.

Nihilus > everyone except Exile

Revan > everyone except Nihilus

Exile = Revan

That's just my personal opinion though.

Overall, Nihilus has the best chances, if Revan (or anyone really) eliminates the Exile. 1.) Nihilus 2.) Exile 3.) Revan

Archived