Home

KOTOR 1 - Two Single Bladed LS vs. Double-Bladed

eatingcereal

What is stronger? I am going to play through this game again and I wanted to make the best guy possible. Last time around I stuck with Master Flurry as my main attack..can you tell me the best skills to max out please? im going for a lot of damage.

what crystals would be best for two single bladed//double bladed?

Also what force powers would aid me the most? thanks.

any answers would be appreciated

This depends greatly on your style of playing and the crystals available to you.

Let's say that you have a double saber with a crystal that does five extra points of damage. When you make a default attack, you'll get two attacks that do regular damage, and both will deal the five extra points the crystal provides. If you have a two lightsabers, one with a crystal that does an extra 3 damage and one that does an extra 6, when you make your two attacks the first will do the extra 3 and the second will do the extra 6.

It's a common conception that two lightsabers lets you deal more damage, for whatever reason. The extra crystals won't count for much, since the ones in the double saber will be applied to both attacks. The ones in two sabers are applied to one each. :)

It depends on what crystals you have, too. If you have just one that does 3 extra damage, a double would be preferable. You'd be reducing the amount of damage you could dish out if you only let it apply to one attack.

Later in the game, though, two is better IMO. By that time you'll have gotten various crystals that are about equal in usefulness, but deal damage differently. For instance, a crystal that does 4 damage is about as good as one that does 1 to 8 IMO.

The best thing to do with two lightsabers is to put crystals that do more "guaranteed" amounts of damage into one. (Like one that does 5 damage) The other one can crystals that do less certain amounts of damage (like one that does 1 to 8 - there's a chance you'll do more, and there's a chance you'll do less) in the other saber. That way you can be guaranteed to pretty well in a fight with the first one, and potentially better with the second.

The best crystals the upari, sapith, krayt dragon pearl, solari (LS players only) and jenruax. If you can stomach the weird colors, be sure to use the Heart of the Guardian and the Mantle of the Force in each saber (or just the first if you have a double). Both replace your default color crystal, and boost the damage/effects of the other ones.

The best skills - those are entirely unrelated to the amount of damage you do. :)

Force powers are simple enough to decide. Their effects are all listed in the game, so I won't go into too much depth. If you're a LS player, go for whatever boosts your stats (preferably attributes) the most. DS players should all have storm, death field, and kill.

You might want to consider using just one blade. I read somewhere where someone was ranting about how good the single-blade is so i tried it. with dueling and such it can do crazy amounts of damage. thats just my personal opinion, but then again i'm playing kotor 2 with a double-bladed purple so it's up to you. I believe that two single-bladed would be able to deal more damage.

• 9 months later...

The stronger one is the two single bladed because i have that and everytime i use it with master flurry my opponents are dead in like 1 or 2 of 'em. It's asome

What is stronger? I am going to play through this game again and I wanted to make the best guy possible. Last time around I stuck with Master Flurry as my main attack..can you tell me the best skills to max out please? im going for a lot of damage.

what crystals would be best for two single bladed//double bladed?

Also what force powers would aid me the most? thanks.

any answers would be appreciated

IMO the difference between the two is fairly simple. The 2H saber, or saberstaff as some seem to call it, does a bit more damage, while two 1H sabers offers more versatility in a fight.

The extra crystal slots with two sabers makes it easier to mix and match sabers for whatever your situation. You could have one saber built for combat against droids, another with Keen and Massive Criticals, another for pure damage and another for whatever. By having one saber with high attack/damage, you can use your off-hand for some special effect. For example, Scoundrels might want to have one with the stunning crystal, to provide more chances for sneak damage.

The difference overall isn't that huge however, and most gamers will prolly just want to bash their way through everything with a 2H saber.

For me its the double blade. It is stronger than your average lightsaber and very accurate. Good crystals would be jeneraux, bondar, firaxan, and uparii. The uparii crystal is found in the temple after searching the corpse of the dark jedi master with the metal robes. My best combination was jeneraux and uparii. The double is also a great defense.

Single blades are accurate but may not get the punch your looking for in a lightsaber. The only way to make it a fitting weapon is to find the most powerful crystals you can. Its not easy to make a powerful blade with a single.

Two lightsabers make a good offense. Each lightsaber adds power to your attacks. Very efficient very powerful. Making the energy of each lightsaber as high as you can helps alot, and don't worry about one getting a powerful crystal and the other doesn't. They even each other out

I read somewhere that you can do the damage of two sabers with a double and not take the off hand penalty, so you might like to try that. Obviously strength will held a great deal here, and attain master flurry and critical. Or you can equip a heavy repeating blaster and max out rapid shot for mass slaughter. As for Force powers, go for Death Field\Force Storm and them max out wisdom and charisma to get the most use out of them.

Don't go for strenght as you can use the dex modifier to hit with lightsabers. Rather get your dex high and keep adding to it, with implants and +dex gear you can get it ridicolusly high. With your high dex, you won't be needing armour after a while as it limits your max dex bonus to ac. You can now use any force power you like, as armour don't let you use some of them. Go for the lightside buff that icreases your stats for even more dex, force heal to keep you alive, and force speed for 2 extra attacks. When using flurry, you now have 5 attacks a round that will almost always hit, and your high ac means you probably won't get hit much.

Archived