Home

Battle of the Jedi

Salzella

That’s why it’s difficult, if not impossible to compare in these hypothetical situations. We can only make suppositions about who would win. Say if this fight happened (which obviously it never will) we could all ‘bet’ on who’d win, but any one of those thirteen top class force users could win.

*starts plotting ways to have the "fight" occurs to collect a lot of bets, have the Jedi sign a peace treaty, and then flee from the thousands of angry bettors angry at me scamming them out of credits* ;)

@The Architect - True. It would probably be more realistic if it was a "tournament" sort of thing. There would just be a bunch of 1 on 1 battles, and the 2 people who won all their matches would face each other in a final battle. But then the trouble with that is figuring out who to pit off against who in the first round. :D

Luke > Yoda = Revan > Mace > and so on imo

But then we are back to the old discussed objects... "Who would win, Exile or Revan?"

• 2 months later...

There is an argument to be made that certain styles of lightsaber combat match up better against some than others as do some opponents vs others. For example, Dooku's Makashi pwns Obi-Wan's Soresu in RotS and whatever he used in AotC, even though Obi-Wan was considered the Order's greatest Soresu master. Furthermore, while Anakin's Djem So was more than a match for Dooku's Makashi in RotS, it didn't avail him vs. Obi-Wan on Mustafar. In fact, despite the fact that Yoda would clearly have beaten Dooku in AotC eventually, I actually think Anakin had an easier time defeating him in RotC.

Likewise, while Yoda fought Sidious to a draw, I am of the belief that Sidious had Windu beaten but allowed the fight to continue to take the opportunity to draw Anakin to the Dark Side.

Canonical Revan was proficient in the two-lightsaber form, but used generic all-purpose forms most often IIRC. Still, he was supposedly excellent with a saber.

Luke mashed forms together, and in RotJ mimicked Vader's hybrid style, but I doubt that he could have matched up against the pure form practitioners of the earlier eras, even at his LS-wielding peak.

But then of course you have to figure in Force Powers. Luke at his peak would have topped Yoda in that regard, and Yoda was IMO clearly better than whoever came next. Possibly Revan, maybe even the Exile. Both would have had tremendous broad knowledge of the Force and Force abilities via Kreia (and Revan from other sources as well) who IMO was arguably more knowledgeable about what the Force could accomplish than possibly anyone before Luke, even if she lacked the power that Revan or the Exile had to use it. Then of course the Exile could syphon the Force in this hypothetical battle from the greatest Force-wielders of all time, which would raise her potential to ridiculous levels.

So of those I'm familiar with...

1. Yoda - at or near the top in both Force Power use and knowledge and saber combat

2. Luke - Very good at saber combat, the most powerful in terms of Force Power use

3. Revan - Excellent in both saber combat and Force Power knowledge and use. Rates the most impressive feat of the lot by mowing down a sizable portion of the Sith army consisting of a large number of Dark Jedi and apprentices on the Star Forge before cutting down a Star Forge-enhanced Malak.

4-6. Windu, Kenobi, Annakin - IMO their mixtures of prowess in saber combat and Force Power use and knowledge would rate them as roughly equal IMO

And the Exile, depending on the amount of the Force she could draw through the others participating in this battle could probably top out close to Yoda, though she might still be more susceptible to being felled by a saber than some of the others.

Now, this is hard. I'll break it down. Just Pretend they are fighting in a tournament-like thing.

Lightsaber combat (pretend they are not allowed to use force powers in the battles):

1)Macu Windu

2)Revan

3)Exile

4)Young Luke

Force Powers:

1) Yoda

2) Old Obi-Wan

3) Old Luke

4)Revan/Exile (they're both Sentinels for me, so . . .)

Strategy (Pretend they are both given an army of equal amount on the same terrain for many rounds):

1)Revan

2)Exile

3)Luke

4) Obi-wan

This is pretty...well...insane :| There are WAY to manny Jedi with WAY to equal of a chance to win the battle. WAY to manny possible siuations that could occur.

As The Architect said, it's a battle for anyone to win. People could team up to take others down, or take advantage of a 1 on 1 combat siuation.

It would be better if you did a 1 vs 1 poll, or a Team vs Team poll.

-For The Hell of It-

Revan: I don't know what his Canon is. So ???

Bastila: Nope.

Exile: Same as Revam.

Luke Skywalker: One of the 3 that would come out on top.

Anakin Skywalker: Nope

Obi-wan Kenobi: Old or Young? Or Both? Mabye...If Old.

Kyle Katarn: Never seen him in action.

Jacen Solo: Same as Katarn.

Corran Horn: Same as Katarn.

Nomi Sunrider: Nope.

Ulic Qel'Droma: Nope.

Mace Windu: One of the 3.

Yoda: One of the 3.

I don't believe that there is a difference in skill of KotOR Era and the trilogies. Hell, there were only two real uber-powerful Jedi in that time (Revan and Exile),while in the trilogies there were Yoda, Anakin, Little bit older Luke (but not like the sixty year old Luke) and that makes three uber-powerful Jedi. It is argueable that Obi-Wan dismembered, decapacitated, and burnt up Anakin, however when Anakin just started down the dark side, his skill was lowered a little from being a Jedi Knight (he eventually became more powerful).

When Anakin was a Jedi Knight, I doubt that there were even much MASTERS who could beat him. Perhaps only Yoda would be the only one able to convincingly beat him.

But all in all, both time periods had their share of uber-cool kickasses.

However, I'm not so sure if Bastila should be on their. Revan basically slaughtered her, and so did Malak, even without the power of the Star Forge to fuel him.

And didn't Jolee beat Nomi Sunrider? If I'm wrong correct me, but if I'm right . . . then why is she on the list (or why isn't Jolee on the list?)

It could be argued Palpatine deliberately lost to Windu to get Anakin to fall to the Darkside.

If just one other Jedi had been present to work with Yoda against Palpatine, the Emperor wouldn't have survived to be in RotJ.

Yoda at his peak, well Yoda would mop the floor with all of them, he didn't always have to walk with a cane you know. Yoda used Ataru because his small stature maximized its potential. Yoda mopped the floor with Dooku who beat Anakin and Obi Wan for crying out loud.

Furthermore we never saw any other Jedi deflect force lightning with their bare hands. Yoda also used the force to unhook his lightsaber and call it to his hand, demonstrating insane amounts of control. Mace Windu even acknowledged Yoda was probably the best duelist in the order. In the situation with Darth Maul if Yoda had been there it would have just been over, end of story they might have even captured Maul alive.

Yoda's species was too rare for him to have a second try at Palpatine and he knew it, he would be easily identified. Additionally Yoda duked it out with a Darksider on Dagobah and mopped the floor with the Dark Jedi after Episode III.

By the time Yoda trained Luke he knew he didn't have much time left.

Yoda rocks, right.

I don't suppose there's much to argue in Palpatin deliberately losing to Windu in order to seduce Anakin into the Dark Side. A fairly efficient trick, which reminds me how Kreia sacrificed her left hand to show the Exile that she means business about this bond thing, and to confuse Sion again (now that's debatable).

Though, if sabermasters of KotOR era are much better than those of Skywalker era just like ancient Sith Lords > KotOR era Jedi, then I don't know for how long Yoda would keep rocking.

Considering Dooku mastered ancient lightsaber techniques and how Yoda just simply dominated him throughout their entire fight, it's safe to assume that Yoda probably was at least as good as the ancient Jedi. Then there is the fact Mace Windu created an entirely new saber style and Yoda could still beat him decisively.

Archived