Home

Kotor 3

gamerkey

Well in my opinion, TSL ended at a total cliffhanger. Everything from how the Exile is going to find Revan, to the fates of his/her companions is almost completely unknown. I think it's only fair that they make another KOTOR to answer these questions.

• 2 weeks later...
Should star wars make another KOTOR or not make one and leave the games alone?

I definitely want K3, but, they need to hurry up!!!!!

also, it needs to be like the previous two, not some next-gen abortion that stylistically looks nothing like them.

Continuity!

I hope the Dev's give themselves enough time to finish the story this time as well.

Meh...they wrote the Expanded Universe in a such a way that we NEED a K3.

Darth Bane himself learned all his tricks from Revan's Holocron. That means Revan is anchored into Banes, and thus, the new Sith story. That also means we need some more explaination about Revan. :)

Why and where did he create that holocron? It wasn't mentioned in K1 or K2. Did he create in in the Unknow Regions?

What are the 'True Sith' everyone speaks about?

In short terms:

We need a K3, for the simple reason that the EU wouldn't be complete otherwise. :D

TSL felt kind of like Pirates of the Carribean 2. It sets up for a KOTOR 3. Trust me, if LA has any sense, they'll complete the series properly and give those fans (and KOTOR) a good finisher.

But if they do make a KOTOR III, I hope they can go back to the things that make the first KOTOR so great. Personally, I don't really want a super dark and mysterious un-Star Wars - like storyline with "True Sith" super bad guys with unlimited force powers and tentacles hanging off their chin in "forgotten regions" blah blah blah.... I want to play something that feels like what KOTOR felt like. I'm not sure how you could go wrong there.

TSL felt kind of like Pirates of the Carribean 2. It sets up for a KOTOR 3.

Agreed. Not doing KotOR3 would be like doing "Dead Man's Chest" without doing "At World's End", like doing "Empire Strikes Back" without "Return of the Jedi" or even like doing "The Two Towers" without doing "Return of the King".

TSL doesn't mere set the scene for a sequel, no, it DEMANDS one. And indeed, one was already being planned, while TSL was still being written.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/13/news_6104775.html

Mandalorian Wars? No thanks. Then it would not be K3. We need to tie up the true Sith arc, and besides, playing in the Mandalorian Wars has very little plot potential since we know how it must all play out in the end. A RTS or FPS game in the Mandalorian Wars is okay, but a cRPG like KotOR? Nope, not possible, since history is fixed and so lets you have little or no impact on how things play out.

Agreed. We don't need different storylines or side plots like the Mandalorian Wars (or fighting in the Unknown Regions), etc. It sounds like an expansion pack, or a seperate game series. KOTOR is about the KOTOR storyline, not playing through previous events in Star Wars history or doing things unrelated to the games, just because they would be "really cool."

But if they do make a KOTOR III, I hope they can go back to the things that make the first KOTOR so great. Personally, I don't really want a super dark and mysterious un-Star Wars - like storyline with "True Sith" super bad guys with unlimited force powers and tentacles hanging off their chin in "forgotten regions" blah blah blah.... I want to play something that feels like what KOTOR felt like. I'm not sure how you could go wrong there.

Thing is, I assume that with the "True Sith" thing, the whole game is moving a bit towards K1 and less towards TSL. After all, TSL is like ESB, so K3 would be the ROTJ. Just look at the True Sith empire. Current rumor mill suggest it just a bunch of Sith rejects and cowards from the Great Hyperspace War who fled the known galaxy...which is why they happen to live.

Now, look at Malak's Sith Empire.

I'm going to assume that the True Sith Empire will closely resemble Malak's Sith Empire in gameplay, but at least adding in some manlipuative elements as well to explain why in the world would Revan fear them. In this case, it will lean towards TSL, but the game will have a happy ending as the True Sith ship will explode and their leader biting the dust. You may need a bit more of a superpower, but I'm going to expect it will still remain light-hearted and more true to SW.

(Still would like it if they kept with the dark theme of TSL, but oh well...)

I'm going to assume that the True Sith Empire will closely resemble Malak's Sith Empire in gameplay, but at least adding in some manlipuative elements as well to explain why in the world would Revan fear them. In this case, it will lean towards TSL, but the game will have a happy ending as the True Sith ship will explode and their leader biting the dust. You may need a bit more of a superpower, but I'm going to expect it will still remain light-hearted and more true to SW.

But that almost is self-contradictory. I guess it depends on what you think of as True Sith. If they are simply dark Jedi, people from the ancient Sith Empire combined with the rejects and refugees from the civil wars, then they aren't much different than Malak's empire.

From what everyone talks about, though, that's not the case. No, we have to have super-powered aliens for our almost only enemy, all guys that can control the force and hate both Sith and Jedi, blah blah blah; probably people will soon give them wierd bioships that they control solely by the force. Then they'll have planets that are completely alive by the dark side of the force and have occultic rituals with the force so that they are like some kind of dark priests in the galaxy. Its not at all lighthearted or Star Warsy, and I can guarantee you that almost every game that went well felt and played like Star Wars, not like - I dunno, NJO. Speaking of NJO....

.....Why don't we just call these guys the Yuuzhan Vong already?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm am not biased because of a bad memory of the Yuuzhan Vong - I understand that they are two seperate species, supposedly. I mean, why would I not like the Vong anyways? They were such a great enemy for the NJO books, weren't they? :p

But that almost is self-contradictory. I guess it depends on what you think of as True Sith. If they are simply dark Jedi, people from the ancient Sith Empire combined with the rejects and refugees from the civil wars, then they aren't much different than Malak's empire.

From what everyone talks about, though, that's not the case.

Then everyone is just plain wrong. :) Don't let Revan fanboys fool you with talks of mysterious holocrons and uber-powerful Sith Lords (because they want Revan to fight these uber-powerful beings and defeat them). The True Sith are likely nothing more than refugges with a knack for tricking others, but that's all. Even so, they are still a threat, just not YV-style threat.

If it creates an uber-powerful alien race, well then I would be upset. But there is no indication other than speculation. Alright, so maybe the Sith Trimutive learnt from the True Sith some holcron knowledge, but so what? That's just like a Jedi Master teaching his padawan how to Heal. The True Sith are smart people, but smart does not transalate to uber-powerful beings.

How come they are different from Malak's Empire? Other than my personal belief, that the True Sith are smarter than Malak (everyone is smarter than Malak)...and Revan fears the True Sith and not Darth Malak, not much. It is my belief that K3 will become more like K1 than it would for TSL.

If it creates an uber-powerful alien race, well then I would be upset.

So will I. Mysterious and insidious, yes. But some uber-powerful race of uber-force-users just sounds too much like fanboyism to me. Besides, it would defeat the point of the true Sith being sneaky and weakening the republic through guile and deception. If they're so powerful, then why didn't they just attack instead of tricking the Mandalorians into a fight against the Republic?

But there is no indication other than speculation. Alright, so maybe the Sith Trimutive learnt from the True Sith some holcron knowledge, but so what? That's just like a Jedi Master teaching his padawan how to Heal. The True Sith are smart people, but smart does not transalate to uber-powerful beings.

QFE. Sidious/Palpatine-powerful is okay. Uber-"fanboy"-powerful is not.

Although I am new to KotOR (finally bought it the past week), I have come to love it too much... And as soon as I am done with the first, I'll move on to the second...

For what I have read about the story so far, it seems like KotOR II did not end the story as it should have, and that this is more like a trilogy. Therefore, I say yes. They should develop a third part, end to the trilogy. Make the story have a good, logical conclusion, and period.

As for who will be developing the game, I think they would probably be the same from KotOR II. I just hope they do a great job! Still, I would feel happier if Bioware did it... but that team is too busy with other projects right now.

By the way, I am new to the community. Sadly, I am not a Star Wars guru. I decided to join after seeing this is a good place, with seemingly mature people, for which I will probably enjoy my stay. So yes... Nice to meet you!

By the way, I am new to the community. Sadly, I am not a Star Wars guru. I decided to join after seeing this is a good place, with seemingly mature people, for which I will probably enjoy my stay. So yes... Nice to meet you!

Welcome. Nice to meet you too. Don't worry about being a guru. Few of us really are when it comes right down to it.

Welcome to the forums, Arwym Starlight! :)

anyway, yes i'd have to agree that a too uber enemy is just stupid. it would totally ruin the game for me. what people should realize is that yes, youcan have a cool enemy that is not a god. this is what i hope that the true sith are like. powerful, but in their own way.

• 2 weeks later...

Gamerkey....*slaps* never ever mention the possibility that K3 won't be made! Well especially not around me! :)

If K3 isn't made, well lets just say the guys at LA might be getting a visit from an angry gamer with a two-handed claymore. :D

One way or another i will get it! :)

Gamerkey....*slaps* never ever mention the possibility that K3 won't be made! Well especially not around me! :)

If K3 isn't made, well lets just say the guys at LA might be getting a visit from an angry gamer with a two-handed claymore. :D

One way or another i will get it! :)

The reason i think that people are not starting to believe the possibility of Kotor 3 is that there has been no information since the release of Kotor II regarding the sequel; unlike after Kotor 1 when LA released information of Kotor 2 being developed by Obsidian. I think some people are losing hope of a Kotor 3 release and therefore (like me) are starting to lose interest in the possibility; especiallty with all those friggin' annoying fake reports of it being developed that spring up every once and a while. I personally don't think it will be developed; whilst not trying to be a miser either the developers (whoever they might be) are keeping it quite to make it more of a surprise or it's not happening at all.

Gargoyle...

I had my dreams then...i was soaring high...

then you came along and crushed them, swept them up into a brush and pan and then put them in the bin. *sniff*

Hey sorry mate! I'm not saying it definately won't come out (i'm hopin' it will too!) but all i'm saying is don't get ur hopes up too high - as if it never came out and you'd really hoped it would it will be more of a crushing blow than if you'd accept the possibility of a non-release. :thumbsup:

Archived