Home

Napoleon Threepwood...

Rodbrush

Jon Heder as Guybrush?

Does anyone have any thoughts about Jon playing Guybrush if they ever make a film adaptation of Monkey Island?

I just thought of him as a possible candidate then. At first I would have liked to see David Spade play the character. Then when the TV Series called Ed was released I thought that if that actor who played Ed had blonde hair, he could be Guybrush too.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously hated that movie! Think about it: It had no plot, bad humor (although I thought that bike stunt was pretty funny), horrible script... I mean, its just so horrible and grotesque that it makes me wanna go.... grrrrrr I hate that movie. It's no wonder Nacho Libre was horrible because it was made by the same guys.

I dunno if Joshi is joking or not, but the more I think about it, the more I like the sound of the younger Michael J Fox playing him.

Oh...and SeaTurtle...I hope that I never see any of the Flash Gordon actors again...even Timothy Dalton...he was bad in that movie...and he was bad as James Bond...

i think jon heder would be quite good, he has that sort of lame wannabe funny charm that guybrush has, and he sort of has a bit of a whiney voice, a little like dominic armato. give him longer hair tied back in a ribbon, and give him piratey togs, you'd have guybrush.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to say "if" a MI movie was ever made it should be cg and keep the orginal voices from the games.

I just can't picture anyone else doing Guybrushes voice but Dominic Aramto!

I also really think Lucas and Pixar need to get together and make a movie while pirates are the hot thing plus they really need to make another MI game.

I have played mine to death :D

Well, there's almost no way of doing traditional these days without adding a few digital effects I'm afraid, so it's kind of a given. I'm not expecting the next traditionally animated film to have the production values of Pinnochio.

Thank God you're here Joshi, to let everyone know what to think. Heaven forbid you DON'T chime in and tell everyone they're wrong.

I never said anyone was wrong, I'm just giving information and my opinion. Don't like it? Don't agree with it. Hell, I'd encourage a healthy debate on the subject. Of course blatant sarcasm is always welcomed here. :rolleyes:

Archived