Home

OJP:Enhanced - Infiltration trailer

Infiltration is the name for the new cinematic trailer for OJP:Enhanced, and it will be out by the end of this month (still in the middle of filming!). But to show off some of the fine acting people in the OJP community are doing, here's Teaser #1, focusing on the OJP:Enhanced saber combat system.

Infiltration Teaser #1 - 640x480 AVI on ModDB

More to come!

Isaias and Sagar skins belong to Brejo "Slaughter" Savet. Imperial Time Machine map belongs to Nozyspy.

Update: added link to the 640x480 AVI version

Nice, but maybe a bit long for a trailer, when it's the final version of the trailer, it should show a fair bit of everything, and if everything in OJP is shown so long, the trailer will be 10 min long or so...

Also, I already noticed that with MB2 trailers, why do lightsaber seem less consistent and more transparent in videos than in game? It's weird.

TheShaman has a point.

Here's an idea, maybe the "wrapper" for the trailer story should be that the story is happening ingame. IE, show a couple shots of the skill menus while the players set up their characters and such.

640x480 version is up on ModDB.

Teasers and trailers don't have set lengths; if you scroll around ModDB's Modcasts for instance you'll see that some teasers can be as long as 2 minutes or so.

The full trailer is more of a cinematic a la the E3 promo of the first Halo game. That one was 10 minutes long, but it had a story and it showcased a lot of Halo's features. The OJP cinematic trailer will do the same and tell a story based on something UDM and I have been discussing for a potential CoOp campaign in the future; in addition I plan on making gameplay trailers and actual movie-like trailers as well.

Max, I know you love to show this amazing saber system, we all do.

But a trailer should not be longer than 2 minutes, maybe 3 but at the very most, and if we implement all those skills, bounty system, "new" gametypes (rather resurected, for most of them, but still, it's not in basejka), etc... it won't be possible to show all in so few minutes.

If you look at the actual footage of the teaser, it's more like 35-40 seconds long minus the text. As for being unable to showcase all that this mod offers, I'll have to disagree. Just because you say it's not possible doesn't mean that it's not. Bloody hell, Tim from KotF did a 37-minute "ultimate trailer" and I don't really see people complaining that it's too long; they just download away hoping that it'll be good.

But to differentiate between the different kinds of trailers I plan on making:

Teasers - just shows aspects of the cinematic promo that will be out by May 26. Teaser 1 is about lightsaber combat. Teaser 2 is about gunner combat.

Cinematic - promotional video with a story. Halo did an almost 10-minute one, Hellgate: London has a 13-minute one, plenty of games have these that exceed 3 minutes. A cinematic promo serves to make gamers interested in our mod and also film makers who can see how their own films can be like if they use OJP for filming. Based on feedback on ModDB, there's some really big interest in CoOp, so having a "story" is a good way of hooking people in.

Gameplay - these can last for many minutes. Bethesda Softworks did a 7-part video documentary for Oblivion to show the main features of their game. Each one was 3-7 minutes long. We can do the same, because there's a lot of in-depth ground to cover.

Advertisement/Movie Trailer - These are the trailers where there are a bunch of cuts and lots of stuff gets crammed together. Right now I don't have enough footage to do that, but I will when there's time.

If you feel dissatisfied with the trailers in some way, you're welcome to help us all out and make some, because goodness knows we could use the publicity.

As my research prof loves to say..."More doing, less talking."

I'm fine with longer trailers. I like seeing what new features there are for it. I remember back when MB2 b18 was constantly being promoted (then not released for 7 months :p) I saw their trailers and wanted more...and they ened up making like 3 different trailers :p

Watch it Hocks.. you might attract unwanted attention :pat least lucaforums doesn't ban for trolling ;o

Longer trailers are great dudes! We as pr0-ojp players tend to forget or take for granted all the already wonderful stuff that's in OJP. There is so much that players already get for free and don't need to think about and it was annoying me because of that fact, and that's why I was pushing to take the things we have now already and make skills from them.

Taken for granted is I think the best set of words I can describe some parts of OJP gameplay, and I hope the trailer will at least showcase some of these parts untill we can get them the spotlights they deserve.

Be it a 30+ minute trailer (which it probably won't be) then all the better; ojp can fill it.

I wonder if tanq ever reads what I write completely, I never said it was not possible to show, I've put a nice "If" before. And the condition was showing every new OJP thing (a lot) during as long as it is for the saber fight.

And a 37 minutes trailer is bad, it's not a trailer, it's a features video or something... And the whole KOTF thing sucks... it's a pollution in your JKA directory seriously, and it's just a big map + model pack, merged with some cool menus and with new SP missions. No match for OJP's ownage saber system and other cool stuff.

Thanks, but I'm pretty confident that my reading comprehension is just fine.

You said:

...if we implement all those skills, (long list), etc... (then) it won't be possible to show all in so few minutes.

Give me more credit for common sense and at least a little bit of artistic finesse, por favor; if I was making an advertisement trailer I wouldn't have 40-seconds devoted to each cut. I already outlined the different kinds of videos that I plan to do, why they will be the length they are (implied), and how each will help (also implied). I'm not going to let hard work be stymied with the illusory notion of "how long is too long."

I don't think anyone is sticking up for KOTF, and personally I believe it's bad form to badmouth another mod on a public forum when anyone related to the mod has no means of defending themselves here, no matter how superior anyone thinks OJP is in comparison. But that's getting beside the point.

Again, if you feel that the current teaser and forthcoming trailers are too long, then you are more than welcome to help us all out by making some as well. More PR for OJP is good.

I'd say, "who cares", since anyone can express his opinion about a mod, it's called liberty, I live neither in China, nor in Russia, so if someone reads in one of my post that I don't like his mod, I don't fear anything, and I don't think OJP can suffer anything because I said a mod is bad, OJP didn't say that, I personally did.

And hum just a little question, what is "PR"? You used at the end of your last post, Tanq.

Also the main reason because I don't help in the trailers is because I'm not from the USA, so when it's time for you to do that, I'm not online anymore. And also now as I said earlier, no more holidays. But in 5 weeks, exams will be over (I'll have graduated), I'll be in holidays and I'll be able to help more.

Note: I have never seen anybody on a server (except Max thanks to Hamachi) since 009r. Still probably because of my GMT+1...

There are some 4 or 5 people on the servers late at night in the early morning hours, but that's it.

I'm not ready to launch a full scale thread barrage on my targeted forums because I don't want people to have their first taste of OJP with 009u, I am dissapointed with this build.

Saying this because you noticed lack of playaz.

Agreed, OJP must remain unknown until it's perfect, or close to perfection.

Then we must advertise it. And if a lot of players come, it will become the best mod ever (it is already if we don't consider the fact that nearly nobody plays it).

Archived