Home

Pics

DrPhil2501

Although I have been a member of these Forums for some time, I still haven't figured out how to post pictures or images on my posts.

When I go to the advance options, and when I click on Insert Image, I have no idea what the text box wants me to do. I tried pasting the file name in and everything, but it doesn't work.

How do I insert images?

Although I have been a member of these Forums for some time, I still haven't figured out how to post pictures or images on my posts.

When I go to the advance options, and when I click on Insert Image, I have no idea what the text box wants me to do. I tried pasting the file name in and everything, but it doesn't work.

First you need to upload your image to some other site, the forums cannot host the picture for you. If you have no webspace of your own where you can host the images there are other free alternatives you can use. A couple of common free image hosting services are ImageShack and Photobucket.

When you have uploaded your image you will have an URL to the image, which you put inside imageexamplexn4.jpg

If your image is very large you may want to use a thumbnail image that links to the full image when clicked instead to make it easier to browse the thread and make the page load quicker. You can do that by placing the thumbnail inside the p><p> <a href=http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6540/imageexamplexn4.th.jpg' alt='imageexamplexn4.th.jpg'>

Both imageshack and photobucket automatically create thumbnails for you when you upload images, so you won't have to worry about that yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes though the IMG tags don't work in certain forums and/or threads. It seems to be a glitch with the vBulletin app that LF uses and not purposely restricted by the LF admins, as far as I know, but I've had that happen to me before. :)

...which results in something like this instead:

imageexamplexn4.th.jpg

Both imageshack and photobucket automatically create thumbnails for you when you upload images, so you won't have to worry about that yourself.

As always, great user support, stoffe but I really felt compelled to say that is a sweet JE:SE PC model you created there. :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

I apoligise for resurecting, but I have another problem in relation to this.

I'm trying to upload a drawing on ImageShack, but its not working for some reason. I even tried it on someone elses computer, but that didn't seem to work for me either.

Can anyone help me?

I'm trying to upload a drawing on ImageShack, but its not working for some reason. I even tried it on someone elses computer, but that didn't seem to work for me either.

Do you get any kind of error message or it just stops? Have you checked that your image is in one of the required file formats, and that it's smaller than 1.5 MB in size?

If everything should be OK but nothing seems to happen when you try to upload, try again later. I've noticed that imageshack has a tendency to be somewhat overloaded sometimes, making it time out during uploads.

Archived