Home

Pirates of the Outer Rim

Analla ran with Jordan, back at the dock of the ship. She had everything she needed, even her blaster. When the crew were shooting at them, Analla attempted to shoot back. But in her heart, she didn't want to kill anyone, even if it meant payback.

She went behind the shuttle, looking at Dash. "Guess he's the leader now." Analla thought. She grinned.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ah!" Dash greeted the two women, who ran through the gun fire towards the shuttle.

"Young ladies, we are now boarding!" He gestured his hands to point them inside the shuttle. Dash pressed the CLOSE button near the entrance. In the middle of the Lockdown, Dash poked his head out of the closing entrance and waved his hand.

"Thank you, Captain Rav, for this gift we have just recieved! Although, its not quite as nice as this boat you have here!"

He suddenly looked up at upper-part of the closing door, in fear, he quiclky pulled his head back in, the door barely missing his head.

He ran to the cockpit, activated the shuttle and shot little ship into space out of garage doors of Rav's ship.

The three of them looked at Renson, who had a smile on his dirty face.

"Arr! It seems we're all meetin at a crosrods here, eh?" he said gruffly.

Rana scoffed. "It would seem that way," he said.

"Look!" interjected Valania. The three men frowned at looked at the window. They saw a shuttle flying out of the Bloody Bones.

Rana gaped, pointing. "That's . . . that's Hawkbat! Yes, I'm sure of it!" he said while looking through his super goggles which were at his belt. "But, what the hell was he doing on Rav's ship?" he demmanded, half to himself.

Dreanear chuckled. "Well, i came here for one Pirate, and I found three! Instead of Macina, I got Macina, Rav, and Hawkbat! Hmf, this is my lucky day!" he mused.

Rana gave short laugh. "It would seem that way," he said. "But, however, IF something were to happen that you would be . . . umm, I dunno, blasted into space, and your Warship, the Endavour (sound familar?), boarded by two shiploads of pirates, what would happen then, hmm Captain?"

"ADMIRAL!" said Dreanear inignantly. "Haven't you heard who's been promoted to the new Admiral of the East-Corellia Trading Company?"

Rana frowned. "East Corellia Trading Company? I am ashamed that the Empire sent a company after us instead of their own fleet!"

Dreanear growled. "The Company has an armada of its own, one the size of an average Imperial Fleet!"

Rana rolled his eyes. "Whatever," he said. Suddenly, the doors to the right and left snapped open and dozens of heavily armed pirates ran in. He smiled. "Goodbye, Captain - or should I say, Admiral?"

Dreanear smiled. "You're making a big mistake, My dear Captain Rana Macina. You see, I can help you hunt down Hawkbat, Rav, and all other Independent Pirates, if you help me destroy the Pirate Lords. If you draw the Pirate Armada out of Roon, The Company - hell, the Empire - will spare you and your crew . . . oh, and your ship."

Rana grinned. "I'm not about to be the last of the Pirates, Admiral. And I have nothing against Rav or Hawkbat - well, other than attacking my ship a few times here and there, a little bit. But, sorry, goodbye!"

Dreanear's smiled faded. Valania blinked as the Pirates Circled the two of them.

Dreanear saw the front door open. "NOW!" he screamed to Valania as he threw a gas grenade. The two of them ran through.

Rana coughed through the gas, which was watering his eyes. "Find them! Don't let them escape!"

"Get in!" screamed Dreanear. Valania hoppped into the shuttle, and the two of them, flew out of the Hangar.

The last thing they saw before leaving the ship was Rana screaming and kicking the Hangar wall.

Outside the cantina of Roon, Lulana Mecho drinks her blended juice. Sure, she heard the racket going on about three criminals, but she didn't seem to care. Suddenly, after minding her own business, she saw a young man, about her age, come out of the cantina, looking at the stars.

"Boy. He seems kinda sad. Maybe I'll go cheer him up." Lulana walked up to him. "Hey? You ok there?"

Rana growled as he stormed onto the Bridge. He then sighed as he watched the Bloody Bones flying idly next to them. He didn't know if they were going to board or not.

"Sir, we are running low on supplies. We need a supply station," said the third mate.

Rana turned around. "Very well. Where is the closest supply station?"

The mate blinked and said, "Well, um, Roon, actually," he said.

Rana sighed. "Good. The Pirate Stronghold. It is ruled by the Pirate Lords including Sakon, but I think we can hide there and get supplies. As long as we stay clear of Sakon, that'll be fine. Very well, plot a course of Roon."

Before the mate left, he said, "Before you go, sir, may I ask why we are staying clear of Sakon?"

Rana smiled. "Well, that guy hates all Pirates who do not swear allegiance to the Bretheren Court, or to himself. After Hawkbat, it looks like I'm the next on his hit list."

The mate shrugged and moved away. 'Looks like I'll never find out Rav's intentions, and, well, I don't want to.'

Rana watched the blue vortex around his ship dissapear as they arrived at Roon. He looked out at the Bridge.

Even now, it awed him. Thousands upon thousands of Pirate Ships surrounded the planet. Rana stepped back at the huge scale. It was as if someone had covered the planet with a blanket - a blanket made out of ships.

The planet was extremely small, but it made up for the fact that the entire surface was a Pirate Stronghold. It was like a Pirate Coruscant, except a fraction of the size.

"Take the ship in for a landing."

Rana took in the air as he stepped out of the ship. His ship had docked in a huge landing pad - as a huge ship - and it was in a huge pit, dug in about ten metres. There were people all aroung starting to go to the ship and repairing it.

Rana stepped out alone - he had ordered the rest of his crew to stay inside the ship, at least for today. It had been only about six hours ago that Dreanear had escaped him.

He looked out at the sky. It was nearly always dark in Roon - even in the night, the skies were gray. They had docked in a docking pit quite close to an Entertainment Center.

And so he walked on, getting to the Cantina.

Jordan was nearly thrown off her feet at Dash's abrupt takeoff, but she managed to steady herself telekinetically. With a frown she moved forward to the cockpit and shoved Dash out of the pilot's seat.

"Leave the flying to someone who can actually do it well," she suggested, almost kindly. Now in her control, the shuttle, sped smoothly away from the Bloody Bones, effortlessly avoiding any weapons fire from that ship.

"Where to, Captain?" Jordan inquired.

Dash stood up from the Pilot's seat, and allowed Jordan to take command.

"She's all yours, m'lady! And set a coarse for Roon. But first, my curiosity nows burns me as I have no idea what your name is." He looked at the teenage girl. "And yours!"

Bishop saw the concerned girl greeting him. He had no idea who she was, nor has he even seen her before. She could've been new to Roon, but what would Bishop know?

"Nothing. Just thought I'd look up and admire the stars!" he lied. He opened his hand to a shake.

"Name is Bishop. Kane Bishop!"

Rana sipped his ale in the Cantina. It had been a day since they had come to Roon, and his crew were out buying supplies and the hangar officials were helping to clean and repairthe ship.

He sighed and leaned back. It was good that he was here.

He looked around for Dash Hawkbat. There was a deal needed to be made. 'And I'm going to put up a deal that bastard can't refuse,' he thought to himself. He would need his help for his plans to work, and Dash needed his.

"Another swang of Juma, keep it coming," he said to the Bartender, who gave him a strange look, but did so. He had already drunk nine swags of Juma Juice.

He smiled sheepishly and turned to see a woman and a man on a table. The woman wore leather. And purple hair. 'Perfect Combonation.'

Rana gulped down two more bottles of JUma Juice, each in a few gulps, then proceeded onwards.

'I'll not feel well in the morning,' he warned himself. The thoughts drifted through his mind. It hurt him to think.

Just as he was approaching the table, he noticed a few twi-leks in another table. He looked from the girl to the twi-leks, but ultimately went over to the twi'leks.

"Hello, ladies" he said sheepishly at a group of three twi-leks. Two of them rolled their eyes and walked away. He turned to the one who stayed, and she had her eyebrows arched. "It's alright gorgues . . . hic . . . I don't bite," he said, words streaming out of his mouth uncontroallable.

"A game of pazaak, beautiful?" he said temptingly. The twilek smiled and nodded.

After the game of pazaak - where Rana randomly picked cards out and put them out - mhe handed over a hundred credits and smiled.

"See ya' later, big winner," said the twilek as he left. Rana chuckled to himself.

'Can't get those off me!'

His eyes turned again to the man and the woman. He frowned and edged closer. Even drunk, he could make out that they were talking quietly. He edges closer.

"Can I help you," said the man, irratated. Rana blinked.

"Ehh . . . Well, I was wondering, hic, where I can find that Hawkbat guy? You know, pirate? Piratey, ya know, with the pirate, and the ship, hic, hahahaha! He's a pirate allright! Hic! And So am I! Heheehehehehe! So, whre's dat bastard?!" he demanded. The drink was taking him over.

The man arched an eyebrow. He had dirty blonde hair. "What's it to you, by the way?"

Rana smiled sheepishly, his eyes closing and opening randomly. "Uhhh . . . I forgot . . . oh yeah, need to make a dead, hic! A deal, yes! Where one person says HIC another will do HIC and then they do it and everybody's happy! Hahaahahaahahaha!"

Analla smiled nervously. "Analla Danble's my name. Nice to meet you, sir." she answered politely. She hoped that this captain would be greater than Rav. Hey, he might be anyway!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lulana Mecho," she replied, shaking his hand. After their handshake, she said, "So... ya come here often? I mean, I'm kinda new here myself." Lulana smiled. Kane looked like a nice young man. And he didn't look like those other crazy pirates in the cantina neither.

She always needed someone to talk to, after what happened to her family and Jedi Master. Lulana hid her lightsaber in her bag, so that no one had seen it.

Suddenly, she saw a guy with leather coat and black hair approaching them, drunk. He said some various things she couldn't understand. It kind of made her want to laugh alittle.

Jordan set their course for Roon before answering, "I'm Jordan Lake." She looked up briefly from the pilot's controls before returning her attention to flying. "Former all-around member of Rav's crew, doing anything from piloting to mechanics to soundly trouncing enemies..." She smiled faintly and shook her head. "Hold on to something."

After giving Dash and Analla a few seconds to follow her advice, Jordan sent the shuttle into hyperspace toward Roon.

Rana grinned and walked away from the table.

Suddenly, he heard a clicking sound. He turned around to see a gun pointed at his head, and a Trandoshan holding the pistol.

[Where is my money, Macina?] he hissed.

Rana smiled. He could barely think right now. He just reached for his lightsaber, ignited it, and sliced the Trandoshan in two before the blaster shot could be shot.

Silence.

There was muttering all around as people looked at his lightsaber.

"Come here often? I grew up here!" Bishop chuckled. "Or do you mean the Cantina? Actually my third time."

Bishop looked down at the water, the glint of his reflection looking back at him.

"So... you a Pirate?" he asked. Suddenly, he heard the humming of a Lightsaber coming from the cantina. "What's that?"

He walked to the entrance to see a Pirate was holding a Lightsaber in his hand, who had just slayed a Trandoshan. "What is it with this bar and attracting violence?" Bishop thought to himself.

"As for me-self, a man whom does not require an introduction... so to speak..." Dash waited for a response. "<sigh> Captain Dash Hawkbat, if you must know..." he pointed to himself.

He walked to the small cargo hold of the shuttle. He opened a box to find cases of Blaster Rifles. He smiled in satisfaction. They looked rather special.

"I am curious to know..." he walked unsteadily back to the cockpit. "As to why fine young ladies, such as yourselves, decided to play mutany against Captain Rav and his mangy crew?"

Analla looked down. "Well... captain. I was kinda against them anyway. They always bullied me, never been good crew members, and called me failure. I never liked them, and I never will." She crossed her arms. "Espacially Rav." She then looked at Jordan, and smiled. "But Jordan here... hm. She's always been a good friend to me. The only good friend."

------------------------------------------------------

Lulana glanced at her bag, then touched it nervously. "Uh... wow! What a bunch of goons," she said, as if reading Bishop's mind.

She suddenly remembered his question. "Well... to tell ya the truth, I'm not a real Pirate. Ya see, I'm trying to look for a job, and... I was kinda thinkin' of being a pirate. Ya know?" Lulana grinned.

"Ah!" Dash announced, pointing his finger upwards as a hand gesture of assurance. "A good friendship is the key to good team work for a fine crew. And speaking of "crew"... I, of coarse, require one. Anybody here interested on sailing with me in hunt for Lord Sakon?"

He stared down at Analla. "I of coarse would be very priviliged to have you on board me list of crew members, and treat you all with much better respect than Rav. That, luv, is a promise!" He stared over at Jordan in the Pilot's seat, almost forgetting her. "Oh, and'a... you too luv. Savvy?"

Analla grew excited. "Really? We can be part of the crew?!" She jumped up with joy. "Oh my gosh! Captain Hawkbat... I'd be honored to join your crew. Man, I can't believe my dreams are finally coming true!"

The young teenager was so happy, jumping up and down, she tripped and fell. "Ouch! Sorry. I got carried away. Heh-heh..."

Rana twirled his lightsaber around clumsily until he sliced a table in two.

The people sitting at the table - a Deveronian and a Rodian - were not pleased. Despite his blade, the two of them took out their blasters and tried to shoot him down.

Rana insticntivally used his lightsaber to flick off one blaster hit - that hit a patron in the head - and dodge the other, while slicing the two aliens with one stroke of his lightsaber.

Before he knew it, three men were shooting at him, a few other men were fighting them, and the entire Cantina was in chaos.

"Then I we have an accord, here!" Dash smiled, pleased to hear the news. "Right now, we need to find more crew members and a ship. Continue on course to Roon... which of coarse we are..."

A few hours later, the shuttle exited the vortex of hyperspace and arrived in view of the planet of Roon. Nothing had appeared to change since the last time he arrived... which was a week ago...

Dash had in mind on which particular person he would like to recruit. His old mate, Bishop, whom he had known as a teenager and taught him the ways of being a pirate. There were probably be no questions asked that he would join anyway, as he was like a father figure to him.

(A few hours before Dash's arrival)

Bishop watched with amusment at the great brawl he saw before his eyes. He wondered what Lulana was thinking.

He didn't want to get involved, nor had he desired to stop the fight. Because there was a slim chance he too could get injured... or worse, killed.

But Bishop knew he had to do something. He may have had only one CryoBan Grenade, but still had a few Sleeping ones. He reached for his pouch, grabbed the circular explosive, pulled the pin and rolled it in the bar.

"Nighty, night!" he murmured. He saw the purple smoke spread through out the cantina.

Analla looked at the view of Roon. "Roon. Home of the Crazed Pirates," she thought to herself. She turned back to Dash. "Captain? I'm sure we'll find more crew and a wonderful ship. But we gotta be careful, too." Analla grinned. "There maybe some... "crazy" pirates down there that might try to pull something."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lulana looked at Kane with surprise. "Impressive. Those pirates will be asleep before ya know it." As she was watching the fun, Lulana glanced at Kane.

She felt in the Force that he was Force sensitive himself... only that it showed alittle. Could he have been a Jedi? Or was he refusing it? Lulana looked at him with curiousity.

Rana coughed as the smoke engulfed. He suddenly took out a few heavy implants from his belt and injected them into him, then felt the effet of the grenade lessen as he saw the rest of the pirates collapse. The implants also erased his drunkness. He blinked as he made out the man and woman were walking out.

He took a look around, turned on his Stealth Field Generator, and followed them.

"Admiral, are you alright?"

"What does it look like, Captain?" snapped Dreanear as he helped Valania up off the shuttle.

Bishop saw all the pirates in the cantina fall down, sleeping like new-born babies. Though it could have been simple hallucinatio from drinking, but he thought he saw one of the pirates turn invisible. He didn't worry about that for now, but he still felt like he was being followed. He turned back to Lulana.

"Well'p, I'm heading off to the East Entertainment Center to play a few games of Pazaac. Wanna' come?"

"Indeed you're right, luv!" Dash responded to Analla's statement. "There are inhabitants of crazy pirates down below on that world. But most of them, however, have not been eluded to madness yet. Infact, I know one particular pirate who isn't crazed and would be willing to join our crew."

The shuttle entered the atmosphere, and flew straight to the city of Nunulla. In view, Dash admired the fine works of the many buildings and skyscrapers they passed.

"Let us land this crap boat in the Dock." said Dash, already getting back into the mood of becoming a comander again.

Jordan nodded and flew the little shuttle as directed, down toward the Dock. "Perhaps there aren't as many crazies as the nickname suggests," Jordan said thoughtfully, "but there's certainly more than enough to warrant the name."

Shaking her head, she went on. "But we're not going to fly a shuttle all over the Outer Rim. Where d'ye plan on pickin' up a ship?"

The young girl was excited. She has never been so excited before in her life. "Oh, man! This is gonna be the best adventure EVER!!" Analla thought to herself. She wondered what kind of adventures she'd be having with Dash, Jordan, and other new crew mates. It was sure gonna be a blast!

------------------------------------------

Lulana looked at Kane, and smiled. "Sure. Why not?" She followed Kane to the East Entertainment Center, and looked around. Maybe being a pirate would be good for her. After all, Lulana was skilled at combat. She turned back to Kane. "Ever known any pirates around here?" she asked.

"I sure have." Bishop answered Lulana. "One in particular..."

He sat himself down facing a Pazaac Game Table. He appointed his friend to sit with him to play a game.

"What do you know of Dash Hawkbat?" Bishop asked.

"Ah!" Dash announced. "To get a new ship, we will need an extra hand to commandeer a vessel of which we shall use to hunt Sakon. Sure enough, there ought'a be one in the docks, but let us wait for the more "oppotune moment"... Savvy?"

He stepped off the entrance ramp of the shuttle and entered the docks.

"But first thing's first, young ladies..." Dash spun around rather stupidly, as if in a drunken posture. "We shall need extra muscle to find our new ship... my apoligies! Women of coarse do not possess male-like muscle tissue around their arms... What I meant to say was... "we shall need an extra hand to find our ship"... Sorry!" he continued down the ramp.

Rna sighed as he saw them enter the Paazak Den. He shrugged, turned off fhis Stealth Generator, and walked through.

He saw a man bury his face in his hands after being beaten. Rana knew how it felt before he had learned the great art of holding cards up your sleeves.

He cracked hsi knuckled. 'Time to make some money.'

Lulana turned to Kane. "I... I know little of him. I mean, I never met him, but I heard about him. He's like a pirate captain, right?" She knew all the notorious pirates that was feared by the galaxy, and Lulana grinned at what might happen if she became one. She turned her attention back to Kane.

--------------------------------------------------

The young teenage girl giggled at her new captain. She was glad to have one like him, unlike the Bloody Bones captain. But the word "Sakon" confused her. She ran by Dash's side. "Captain? Who is this... "Lord Sakon" you keep talking about?"

Archived