Home

[K1] WIP Twilek Playable Character

Thanatos9t

Hi this is my first WIP mod for Knights of the Old Republic, it adds two new head options one for a female twilek, which has modified underwear to match the traditional twilek style aswell as the skintone.

And a male equivalent which has recoloured but not modified underwear.

twilekheadsez2.th.jpg

They both have transitions to the dark side gradually turning Red in colour, and gaining sith tatoos.

I may modify it before release so I'm marking it as a WIP atm, and what do you think?.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I worked out a little backstory for why the Twileks change from green to red during the fall to the dark side:

A Twilek with a red skin tone known cannonly as a Lethan Twilek, which is caused by a mutation in their genetic code.

It is my theory that the mutation was originally caused by exposure to the dark side in the same way that the humans appearance decays, and that the future Lethan Twileks are decendents of the corrupted Twileks.

Another idea that I had was that the mutation was caused by the Ancient Sith to make their appearance more like the sith species.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not abandoned this I'm currently working on a Rodian Playable Character, though it is taking a while because I have to skin the Rodian Model for each type of Armor and Clothing, sofar I've managed to do most of the Light Armor.

Obviously because the Rodian model is a single model he will not have darkside transitions.

Also I'm having a problem getting him to appear when he is in his underwear.

Here are a few shots of him sofar in the Soldier Uniform and a Combat Suit:

rodianwip1be0.th.jpg

According to Star Wars Wookieepedia

Rodians typically had green skin, although variation in skin pigmentation was common, ranging from blue through to orange. Though very rare, some Rodians had a white pigmentation. This was distinctive among the race and could give rise to various appellations, such as "Jannik the White", "Evo the Blue." or Navik the Red.

What I find funny is that there is a Reeven Clan among the various clans. I wonder if that is just a coincidence, or was Revan a rodian lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still busy at work on this pack which at the moment features a Rodian (Male) and a Male and Female Twilek, Due to the amount of skins for the rodian the pack will be quite large compaired to a normal add head mod.

Here is a shot of my recent progress on the light armor for the rodian:

rodianwip5dn4.th.jpg

This looks real good.

Actually, I tried to do this myself, but without the darkside transitions, and only a female Twi'lek. I liked the end result, a bit, but 'tis nothing compared to this.

Have you made these textures from scratch? They do look like it.

If they are, they're very well done.

Nevertheless, this is a mod to look forward to.

Personally, I prefer the male Twi'lek's darkside transitions more than the female's. Don't know why, but they seem more natural.

The Rodian is a real nice thing too, godd work.

Personally, I prefer the male Twi'lek's darkside transitions more than the female's. Don't know why, but they seem more natural.

The Rodian is a real nice thing too, godd work.

Yeah, but the female's final ds transition reminds me of Darth Talon from the Legacy comics and that's always a good thing ;)

(I am aware that a Darth Talon mod already exists)

Yeah, but the female's final ds transition reminds me of Darth Talon from the Legacy comics and that's always a good thing ;)

(I am aware that a Darth Talon mod already exists)

Yeah, I used Darth Talon for the bases for the female Sith Twilek and Darth Ruyn for the male Sith Twilek, with small hints of Darth Maul.

Yeah I am also aware that a Darth Talon mod already exists, though if I remember correctly its for K2.

It is for TSL. I only added that line in an attempt to stop the "There is a Darth Talon mod" replies and keep the topic on the amazing work being done here.

As far as the Rodian...

Were you able to use the existing armor/robe skins for anything but a reference? Or were these all drawn completely from scratch?

Archived