Home

[RP] The Adventures of Shindalar

Let's try this!

Torsh stepped out of his house. Unarmed, afraid. His only weapon was knowledge. He had stepped out of his house before but this time if felt different. The world seemed so big and open.

He knew where he was going. It was thirty miles away. He was going to the one and only Metri Lake to pick up the weapons and visit the Training Dojo. Also, if he arrives there on time he can see the Tournament of top Fighters. Maybe he can see Vera, Shindala's top fighter with her pickaxes, daggers, quoits and and long swords.

A Horse Taxi galloped by and he raised his hand in the air for a lift.

"Yes son, where would you like to go?"

"Metri Lake please" he asked kindly climbing into the carridge. The Horse galloped away and he was to leave his home and might not be returning for a very long time.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Audrey Wood was sitting on her front porch, meditating on what her grandmother Tyla told her. "Find the one named Torsh, and aid him on his quest. Make sure he's protected from any danger, because he's next in line for the Throne." The spirit of Tyla kept haunting her, telling Audrey these warnings. She looked down and sighed. Her long light brown hair and beautiful white Medieval gown flowed with the wind.

She had to find this Torsh and help him, so Tyla could stop haunting her. The young woman stood up and looked at the road. She needed weapons to defend herself and Torsh from danger. So the only place she could go to was Metri Lake. Audrey already knew how to fight, but she had to find Torsh, before it was too late.

Audrey jumped on her horse, and rode off to Metri Lake. Somehow... just somehow... she had to protect Torsh, because he was a Royal.

It's not often Torsh leaves the Scrublands. As he watched the old and poor people continue on with their miserable lives they looked up at him in envy.

He then looked forward and had an iffy feeling about the cartman, the one taking him to the Metri Lake. He had been there once before and he could see they were going the wrong way.

"Exuse me sir, I think your going the wrong way!" The Horse suddenly came to a stop and the man glanced round pulling out a cutlass.

"You ain't going nowhere!"

Audrey stopped her horse, when she saw a man pointing his cutlass at a young man in the Horse Taxi. She stepped off her horse and took a deep breath. Stepping a few feet towards the cart, Audrey stopped.

"Place down or weapon, or suffer the consequences!" Audrey shouted. She had no weapons, though she saw a near by stick that was powerful enough to hit a man.

Just as Torsh noticed the man get distracted he flipped backwards out of the cart into an attack stance. He then jumped forward onto the cart snatching the cutlass from his hand and turning around pointing it has neck horizontilly.

Torsh looked over to the young woman and smiled at her then motioning her to come forward. He dropped the cutlass on the floor and it clattered loudly.

"Who sent you here?" he asked the man calmly but threatningly.

Audrey looked down rather shyly. She brushed her hair back and sighed. "I... I have to protect you from any harm. I had a vision that a man, like you, would be next on the Throne. So... my granmother's spirit keeps haunting me, telling me that I should protect you."

She looked back up at Torsh, her blue eyes twinkled with concern about her grandmother's spirit.

"Blimey" he breathed heavily.

"I am next in throne" he said. "Infact I should but the castle is under occupation of the evil."

"I don't want to be the next in line, they say I will meet the right person to be king." Then he snorted.

"I think it's aload of rubbish to be honest. I guess you are going to accompany me to Metri Lake?" It's a few days walk at least and looks it'll be nightfall in a few hours, so I say lets get going."

Audrey looked at Torsh. Then shook her head. "I don't know if you'll find the right person... put it's your choice. And yes, I'll be joining you on your quest. But remember, Torsh... you have to make the right decision." Audrey walked to her horse. Then she stopped, and turned around. "Well... you coming?" Audrey gave him a warm smile.

Torsh raised his eyebrows from the comment. With anticipation he climbed on to the back patting the horses back.

"Nice horse you got here" he said with a hearty smile. He looked over to the horse and cart where Torsh ahd been in peril less than five minutes ago. The horse stood there, the cart stood there. No cartman. He'd obviosuly ran off in fear.

Ferc spotted the duo from on the street, dressed currently like a peasant. He thought to himself: What 'do-gooders' those two are. Patience. I could follow them to their destination. Then, unexpectedly eliminate them. He went up to the duo. "Are either of you hungry?" He asked, pointing to a basket of fruit in his hand.

The horse stopped and took a sniff at the basket of fruit. The horse turned his nose up at the basket and then headbutted it to it spilled oout on the floor.

"Oh I'm so sorry" Torsh said embarrased. "Oh yes and we have to get going, it's almost nightfall and we need to get to the Metri Lake, nice to see you." The horse galloped away from the poorly dressed man.

"That poor man," Audrey thought. She couldn't just leave him there. Audrey stopped her horse. They were a few away from the man. "Hold on. I got money with me. I'll be right back." She jumped off her horse, and walked over to the peasant.

"Here. You might need this." She pulled out a bag of golden coins from her bag, and handed it over to him. "It's to let you buy more food." Audrey gave the poor man a bright smile from her beautiful face.

Natalia laughed hysterically. She had heard rumors of Ferc. She knew she would have competition but did not expect it so soon. She went over to Ferc as soon as it was safe.

" This is my kill , what are you doing here? Besides looking like a begger." she laughed at his poor attire.

Audrey sighed as she and Torsh rode on her horse. "I'm sorry, Torsh. It's just that... I help the poor. And I hate it when I see them suffer like this. But I promise you, I will not be distracted!" As they continued to ride along the road, Audrey heard Tyla's, her grandmother, voice.

"Very good, Audrey. Now... make sure he doesn't get hurt, and keep him safe from danger." Audrey sighed, and narrowed her eyes. "Yes, Grandma, I know! You keep telling me this everytime! Just please... leave me alone!" Audrey was so loud, that she could wake the animals in the forest up.

Ferc looked around to make sure his current client wasn't in earshot. "What do you mean by your kill? I was hired 3 months ago for this kill. I've been following them ever since." He replied to Natalia. He picked up his walking staff, and his black cloak with holes from years of use. "If you'll excuse me, I have to be going."

" OWWWWWWWW! That hurts. Who hired you to hunt them? I can pay triple if you help me instead.Did my dad send you? Look I know you work alone but considering you fell for the 'damsel in distress ' con, I think you need all the help you can get." Natalia says,showing a un-injured leg." You fell for it , just like I knew you would. You have a soft spot for the ladies, I hear.That might end up being the death of you. So what do you say?" she asked Ferc.

Ferc thought to himself: Ah. So, she was playing the damsel in distress card. I can deal with that when the times comes. But, for now... He turned to her. "My client must remain anonymous. I don't know you or your dad. I say yes; But if news of this reaches my client, I might as well be considered dead." Ferc said. He turned towards the path ahead of him. Up ahead, he saw lightning strike.

Archived