Home

Force powers, the next step to realism

Plus, movierealistic ideas are best placed at http://www.moviebattles.com/forums. There are far too many factors in OJP (like mishap and the different vulnerabilities to force powers) that usually rule out movierealism for balance.

Max are you smoking something that you haven't told me about?! LOL :p But seriously, on what planet would MB2 be considered more movie realistic balance wise than us? They basically fix all their gunner vs jedi balance problems with a simple philosophy "you can block force power while walking"....which is completely unmovie realistic or starwars universe realistic. In order for gunners to block force powers period, they would have to have force knowledge. Granted that fact that its too common for gunners to have absorb in this mod is not that movie realistic, but its not out of the question especially if we choose a different period of time for the setting.

The mishap meter, which should really be renamed balance or distraction meter is a realistic way of saying someone was too off balance or too distracted to exact or block a force blast of any kind or shoot their gun straight. The fact that force users in the movies dont or rarely use guns doesnt mean it can't happen. Heck if Kyle Katan is allowed to use both, I dont see anything wrong with use allowing hybrids and creating our own kinda realistic ways to balance things out.

Anyways as far as the ideas above, I don't see how a delay on force usage is movierealistic unless your a noob jedi or trying to break an object off a wall to throw at someone. Manual absorb for gunners I wouldnt be completely against as far as holding a button down since sabers do seem to have some forceblock ability in the movies (at least for lightning) and it could potentially hurt sabercombat if it was for jedi too. The rage idea isnt bad but I've seen better.

The biggest issue with these ideas is just coding. Since Razor still isn't technically back, we have limited coding resources and we're not crazy about doing too many things to the force system unless we're dead sure about them.

Honestly, I think the easiest and most movie realistic thing we could do for our balance is make pistol a prerequest for all guns just like seeing is for force powers and make them both cost some high number like 30 or 50. Then start everybody at some high number of points like 35 or 55 so they would have an either or choice for the first 30 or 50 points of the game and gradually become understanding of both force and guns just like they would have to in the SW universe. Of course we would be pulling back a bit from our total customization idea, but they could always just set their points higher.

But seriously, on what planet would MB2 be considered more movie realistic balance wise than us?

The rage idea isnt bad but I've seen better.

Thanks JR you know good ideas when you see them, these guys should learn some respect. I worked hard on that and they are just rushing to pis on my ideas.

rage idea... yer sorry about that i didnt really put much into that... here ive changed it

Force Rage

I'd like to keep this in, i think that anger can play a role in combat. the dark side makes you more powerful with your anger. Activating it gains you temporary combat enhancements like attacks becoming stronger and faster, but leaves you weak afterwards as you use to much energy. And once you activate it you cannot turn it off, you rage in blood thirsty rampage that cant be stopped. You loose Force points rapidly so you have to kill the opponent quickly or you'll be left with critical force points (a dark side power).

No. force rage was barely ever used... and the attack speed and damage bonus wont be to significant. I think its realistic, anger being the prime driving force of the dark side. And in this way we can have 3 dark side powers and 3 light side powers and 6 neutral powers.. i think it all evens out.

How do you know ? have you tried it?

It does not even impact gameplay much... the reason this is .. is because when you use rage you get advantages and disadvatages. So even though the opponent cant stop rage (unlike mind trick which can be stopped by seeing and push and lightning which also can be stopped) the addition of Rage and meditate are force powers which cant be countered by another force power. But meditate can be countered by attacking the person meditating.. force rage can be countered by letting the opponent looose his force points. Simple

so as you see it does not impact gameplay at all..... if you bothered to read properly .. my force rage is different to the previous one... all you get from force rage is faster attack speed and increased saber DP damage// there is no immortality or health lose like the last one.

relax kids,

unbeholden: Just make your ideas clearer so we dont get confused if you change them. Lets have a friendly discussion here

darthdie: id imagine that unbeholden is re-thinking his ideas based on the comments made by others, so lets respect that

For the love of god, please dont make this forum like the mbII forums.

don't worry about it... by the way I forgot about this little guy :)

Force Grip.

This allows to utilize force into the person body instead of toward the person so not even absorption can defend against this. Not only that but it constricts organs making it deadly to even heavily armored targets... but this is only for high level grips. Very powerful as it cannot be defended against (has a fast animation) but once force gripped even though you cannot move you can still force push, pull or shoot with a weapon thus ending the grip. Low level does no damage just for immobilizing. 2nd level allows for damaging and immobilizing. level 3 allows high damaging, immobilizing plus the ability to throw your opponent by moving your cursor (kind of like a force push and grip in one) which even though uses alot of force power this move allows you to throw someone of a ledge with out them being able to defend against the attack. (because force grip cannot be defended against but force push can.. but if you use force grip and push into one is very deadly) but as i said can only use this combo until force grip is level 3.

Honestly, I think the easiest and most movie realistic thing we could do for our balance is make pistol a prerequest for all guns just like seeing is for force powers and make them both cost some high number like 30 or 50. Then start everybody at some high number of points like 35 or 55 so they would have an either or choice for the first 30 or 50 points of the game and gradually become understanding of both force and guns just like they would have to in the SW universe. Of course we would be pulling back a bit from our total customization idea, but they could always just set their points higher.
i actually like this quite a bit and i second that lighting 1 doesn't work o and im just going to say this not trying to sound like an ass but to implode is to To collapse inward violently. at least thats how ive always known it and all these dictionary's say

d im just going to say this not trying to sound like an ass but to implode is to To collapse inward violently. at least thats how ive always known it and all these dictionary's say

well you are an ass :D

OK fine... because so many people are complaining about me calling it an implode, (which was just at the top of my head thats why I called it that) ive changed it...

Force Absorption.

very expensive in skill points (has about 0.2 second animation allowing you to use it very quickly). Uses alot of force points to use but if your absorbing a force attack you gain force pionts instead, hold down the button to keep force absorb on (when its on theres a hand animation with blue light coming out into a spiral, like has been seen on yoda). While on absorbs any force attack directed at your front if its level is the same as force absorption or lower but if the directed force attack is higher level and you try to absorb it then it causes you to be flung back and hurt. When you successfully absorb you gain the force power used for the force attack and any negative effects are removed. may be used for push, pull and lightning. But you may only use force absorption before the attack is used against you, so if the force attack hits you before you may use absorption then you are stuck until the force attack is finished (mostly lightning). If you reach 100 force points from absorption then theres a chance that the absorbing attack may explode while you absorb it (this happened when Yoda was absorbing palpatines lightning). When an explode happens both you and your opponent are flung back, the chance is about 25% per second, but if force absorption is higher level then the force attack then theres no chance to explode.

Archived