Home

Which type of mods do people like best for KOTOR TSL?

Darth Xander

What types of mods do people like best for KOTOR TSL?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What types of mods do people like best for KOTOR TSL?

• Robes
    • Skins/Reskins (modules, items and characters)
    • Characters (Humans, Aliens, Droids and Creatures)
    • Armour
    • Weapons
    • Modules (areas)
    • Heads
    • Party members
    • Restored Content
    • Misc

Edit: Trivial? Hardly... re-read the last lines of my above post. All that started out "trivial" too. -RH

Edit: I'm not saying what you enjoy doing is trivial but, words like "for the Glory" and commenting on his motivations in life are hardly needed for a guy asking a question about an amateur hobbie... thats all I meant -AQD

So?

Edit: Perhaps you missed my above post (#20)... the last line particularly. Seeking fame is a poor motivation.

So.....what? If you read mine (as well as others) then you know all of us were in agreement about motivation. It doesn't change the fact that our well intentioned advice was unsolicited. Our flap really seems to be over my use of the word popular in making that point. Wasn't slamming anyone with the original observation. You can pm me if you still have a problem.

Our flap really seems to be over my use of the word popular in making that point. Wasn't slamming anyone with the original observation. You can pm me if you still have a problem.

What problem? It seems to me that you just want to make 'mountains out of mole-hills here'.

And for the record you PM'd me about this, I think it shows that you seem to be the one trying to initiate something here, not I.

If you look you can clearly see Xander replied to me (and he it seems didn't have 'ruffled feathers' over this), I don't see "the issue" you are trying to fabricate here.

All this is quite silly IMHO.

There is a request threads if you are stuck for inspiration. But RedHawke is right. Do something you want to do, because it is a time and effort investment. So many projects die because people do things solely because they think others will want them.

And the most popular mods are typically the ones that have had the most effort put into them thus are the most polished.

So you are saying you crave modding fame?
Who doesn't. The chicks are awesome!!

Who doesn't. The chicks are awesome!!
Wha? Cyber Chicks? :lol:

I think Totenkopf better quit his jibber-jabber before Prime unleashes MR.T onto him (perhaps in a tank like off that amazing Snickers advert). :D

....... Better start runnin! He's already

:lol:

I like mods where people have put there best effort into the mod, as it shows when you play it. Being a non-modder i respect a lot of work even if some seem rushed or "incomplete" as i'd love to be able to mod, but am a bit of a thicko in this department! :lol:

I also love mods of which are constantly updated. Take the "Brotherhood of Shadow" for example, even though early revisions have had their problems Silveredge has constantly worked to improve the work. I respect that as i think that's what it takes to be a good Kotor modder, or a game modder in general, dedication.

Mods I'd like to see more of would be content and modules, I reckon. Gives you more creative power, you can say more with them, make them really entertaining. But as GK said, it's the effort and care put in that really counts more than anything. Some of my favourite mods are only very simple, like one or two files, but they're done with care and style.

On the other hand, these days I seem to be hanging out for new modding tools more than actual mods. Being able to mod is the best mod of all! :D Gaming should be creative IMO.

Well personally I've started modding for me. There were things I wanted that I couldn't find in any other mods (like a PC skin with blond hair that didn't look green!). The reason I released my first mod and I'm planning on releasing others is because I'm rather pleased with the outcome and want to show it off in the hope that there are hot male mod groupies as well:giggle1: If your looking to do a mod for others though, I second checking the request forum.

Archived