Home

[TSL] Korriban Tomb Restoration

Marius Fett

I've been thinking....

Now that area modelling is possible, wouldn't it be possible to remove the debris from outside the Korriban tombs and restore the tombs?

Obviously porting is illegal and as far as im aware the old tomb modules from K1 aren't in TSL the tombs would need to be made out of the module for Ludo Kressh's tomb.

Is this possible?

If so how would someone do it?

-DarthDingDong

I've been thinking....

Now that area modelling is possible, wouldn't it be possible to remove the debris from outside the Korriban tombs and restore the tombs?

Obviously porting is illegal and as far as im aware the old tomb modules from K1 aren't in TSL the tombs would need to be made out of the module for Ludo Kressh's tomb.

Is this possible?

If so would someone do it?

-DarthDingDong

It may be possible now, with what we can do with module editing, and would be quite cool as well, though not sure how you would go around it, I haven't tinkered around with the tool, but I only have myself to blame for that :p

But this should be in the mod requests forums as you've asked if someone would do it.

Well I've build some single room area's and used Kaurora .

It's not to difficult to make a shoe-box room :lol:

But adding stuff to Levels , wow ...

First of you need to know what pieces lines up where ( area's get chopped up in smaller sections => "rooms" ) , so you need coordinates to get things right .

Personally I would salvage certain things , to get just exactly the same look and feel . Like door-frames , rims and such . Since I'm 100 % Obsidian did the same , why rebuild things a 100 times when you can copy and paste .

Then ofcourse , you could re-use "corridor-rooms" and the "corner-rooms"

Halls would be up to your own imagination ofcourse .

But it's an awfull lot of work , no doubt about that .

And I haven't tried to make a new area with multiple single rooms .

Besides I'm waiting for a somewhat newer version of Kaurora .

Magnulls (or was it Magnusll :p) is still improving his program .

But someone with good 3D skills + general modding skillz and time could make new additions to the planets in TSL or K1 .

But I guess for something of this magnitude you need a small team ... really

Following the move the piles of debris theme.... are those piles of debris placeables, or are they part of the .mdl? More specifically, for my soon to be announced WIP, the debris in the old/blocked trails on Dantooine?

I've been wanting to use those as "new" area transitions, just to give 601DAN a more unique feel...

Would it be possible to import stuff from KoTOR into TSL? I mean it would probably be easier to import Korriban as it is, remove the KoTOR I NPCs and add the Ebon Hawk down the bottom right? Or even say put computer terminals or something in the TSL korriban that magically transport you star trek style inside the KoTOR I-imported tombs?

Wow.

Would it be possible to import stuff from KoTOR into TSL? I mean it would probably be easier to import Korriban as it is, remove the KoTOR I NPCs and add the Ebon Hawk down the bottom right? Or even say put computer terminals or something in the TSL korriban that magically transport you star trek style inside the KoTOR I-imported tombs?

Wow.

That would be illegal,

Read the Forum Rules

Porting is a no no...

7. Mods containing assets (models, textures, sounds, etc.) ported from another game are prohibited

It is against Lucasarts policy to port assets from one game to another. Holowan Laboratories does not condone porting of this nature, and moderators will close or delete any thread or posts discussing such mods, even if it is for your own personal use. The exception to this is if the asset in question is present in both KOTOR and TSL. Modders may create from scratch mods that resemble assets from another game.

-DarthDingDong

Edit: Just a general FYI to posters. And as it seems you missed this last time DarthDingDong. Please do not post with the intent of telling someone they broke the rules, respond if you must but post on-topic and simply report the post and leave it to us to handle, that is what that function is for. You can report a post by clicking the little yellow dot (report.gif) below the persons Avatar section. In the report you can state what action you think the post needs. Thanks. -RH

Oops! Sorry RedHawke! I guess I missed that. Won't happen again. :)

Cool... answers my question just fine. I will not be playing around with that then, because I have no interest in hex editing.

Hex-Editing ?? Why would you hex-edit ?

Removing those chunks of debris would be a small moddeling task .

Kaurora is fairly easy to use and if you want to just replace the "old destroyed dantooine" with a new one ; override !

I did that most of the time , using an area that was in the game , but not used ( K1 not TSL ) whenever you give an MDL. file the same name as one in the game it gets overriden , ow joy :lol: .

Besides you could use the differant "chunks" from the areas from the game , you could import a part from Telos Station and glue a corridor from the Ravager to it . Export and let it be compiled by Kaurora => Voila something never seen before .

So for Korriban , you could actually use those tombs "parts" ( where you meet ghostly Malak and Party members ) and reconstruct something new out of it .

Without the need to "model" architecture out of the void .

Only thing that would need actual moddeling would be the "Walkmesh" .

THink of it as playing with big block of lego :p .

Anyway I'm blabbing like an idiot . :D

Definitely beyond my abilities...

I know about as much about modelling as I do genetics and quantum physics :)

It might look daunting / impossible ( the modelling ) but its just as with the rest of modding , it takes some try and error .

Fear not I'm thinking on doing a tutorial on custom creating / modeling area's and how to get them in the game .

Although it'll be mainly about the 3D aspect , not much about .are , .git files and such , I still mess it up most of the time .

And , true in a certain way , its more or less for somewhat more advanced modders .

I mean to tackle it all , I just know may way around in 3D ( not everything , I'm not a supar modeller :lol: ) , setting up dialogs , Npcs and scripts are difficult for me .

That would be illegal,

Read the Forum Rules

Porting is a no no...

My sincere apologies about the post, it didn't occur to me that porting was illegal. However, my question as to whether modules etc from both games are compatible with each other, still stands. I realise that the release of such a mod is illegal (that is not my intention anyway), and I have no modding skills, but if it were relatively possible, for my own personal entertainment, I'd like to mess around with some ideas and get into modding. Thanks in advance.

My sincere apologies about the post, it didn't occur to me that porting was illegal. However, my question as to whether modules etc from both games are compatible with each other, still stands. I realise that the release of such a mod is illegal (that is not my intention anyway), and I have no modding skills, but if it were relatively possible, for my own personal entertainment, I'd like to mess around with some ideas and get into modding. Thanks in advance.

Its actually possible , to combine 3D models from differant games .

You just need the right tools to import them in a 3D editing program , mix it up , and then export for whatever game you want .

BUT THEN AGAIN => PORTING IS A NO NO !

Certainly releasing such a thing !

For personal use , you'll have to find things out for yourself .

Thanks for reply Quanon! It gives me a better understanding of what skills would be required. Again, I wouldn't dream of releasing anything like that.

I wasn't aware that it was however possible to 'cut and paste' elements of different maps together with the existing software. I thought it was only possible to link individual maps (like say the telos polar crash site leading you to the Sith Tomb on Dxun), without being able to chop them up and mix them up together (that is the gist of what you mentioned Quanon, right?). I suppose you'd have to reskin a "mash-up" level from scratch pretty much, right? That surely can make things interesting in creating entirely new levels, making porting a less appealing option for my personal little project! I look forward to your tutorial!

On a sidenote, you mentioned doing this in KoTOR 1. Is it not feasible in TSL, or have you not attempted it? Out of curiosity. Thanks again! :)

like say the telos polar crash site leading you to the Sith Tomb on Dxun, without being able to chop them up and mix them up together (that is the gist of what you mentioned Quanon, right?). I suppose you'd have to reskin a "mash-up" level from scratch pretty much, right? That surely can make things interesting in creating entirely new levels, making porting a less appealing option for my personal little project! I look forward to your tutorial!

On a sidenote, you mentioned doing this in KoTOR 1. Is it not feasible in TSL, or have you not attempted it? Out of curiosity. Thanks again! :)

I've only tested making levels for K1 , I've not yet tried it for TSL .

Guess I should ....

On part of mixing , yep , thats what I'm telling you .

You could easly take that Temple Front ( outside , from Dxun ) , chop it loose and then paste it somewhere in the Telos surface map . Reskin the whole thing and use as a new module/planet . ( Allthough , the textures are baked into the Mesh , if you would export and put in the game , all the orginal textures should appear . You only need to add textures when you create something really new . )

Most area / planets are made of loose parts , some will be more usefull then others or be more logical chopped up . ( The outside of Taris is a real pain :( )

An example is the SithBase in K1 . You got some hallways and rooms ( like the medical and barracks , weapon dépot ) , hallways are seperate pieces , the rooms mentioned are loose blocks . You could make a new big base with these blocks .

In the end the games are turned into a big box full of lego .

The only real thing left to model is the WalkMesh , every piece has one , but this thing needs to be aligned fairly good , you don't want to fall of it and get stuck .

Plus TSL contains lots of area's that where not used in the game , but are there in data .

It would still be lots of work to create a whole new planet out of it this way , but you would be saved on creating whole new architecture and getting the size just right .

And you would still need some custom modelling here and there I guess .

Interieur models should be the easiest to get a result , I fear that exterieurs are not that easy to use or to make .

Archived