Home

Map Discussion

lordzack

I'd like to see a DeathStar Space map. Hero Elimination in The Geonosian Arena. I don't know how they missed those two when creating maps for SWBF2. Utapau with a few more levels and a bit more expansion into some of what they tried to do in SWBF2... like they did with Kamino from SWBF1 into Kamino for SWBF2.

Another idea I thought was kewl that's been floating around some of the SWBF3 wish lists throughout the forums.. is to have a Space map but with the interior of the capital ships more like Tantive IV or some other expanded interior that could be it's own separate map with a space battle going on outside. Introduce an interactive environment where you can lock doors and blast holes through walls.

Kamino: Interior throughout the domes and platforms. Those platforms have levels underneath and under the domes. They did in the movies anyway. The game doesn't show them.

I myself like the idea of Air Support.. It's too bad they dropped it for SWBF2 (excepting Hoth)... Single player with air support is pretty good... during campaign mode or Instant action games. But Multi-player with air support is a slaughter. It attracts the vehicle noobs. They even dropped the sniper calling in an air strike and replaced it with aa auto-turret. Air vehicles ruin online play IMHO.

And Bring back Bespin Cloud City, only expand it. Coruscant is a big planet that is completely city. There's got to be more to it than the Jedi Temple. Some nice gorilla warfare happening I'm sure.

How about Geonosis: "The Works".. with the droid factory.

After all's said and done though.. the modding community comes up with some pretty decent maps after release. Some maps are better than the shipped maps.

Wow.. prolly too much to say on the subject, but I had to get it off my chest.. :cowdance

i said sort of like.....

jawathehutt rules

he beats me at everything including baseball

i suck

hes better than me

8b7li09.jpg

Back on topic, I agree with the idea of attacking the "creation" areas of each team, like the cloning area of Kamino, a foundry, an imperial training base and maybe like a run down area of a city that the rebels were using to train.

• 3 weeks later...

fighters on ground maps though would give such a huge advantage for the players who r in them, take Bespin or Kassyyyk on BF1 for example, the bomber and fighter gave a great advantage over the ground troops. I'm convinced it can work, i'm just not sure whether or not it won't give to much of an advantage to the players in the fighters.

fighters might work if there are enough anti aircraft guns, in the old bespin they had quite a few AA guns, they were easy to biuld and fix

If there are a few ais, or a ton of people on the map they can stop a few pilots from destroying those on the ground when the pilots have to spend some time destroying the AA guns and each other,

Air+ground this is what i thought PS i only hav XBOX and not XBOX live!

well when u spawn u could choose Air/ground the ships could go to ground but.... well.....u would probally crash and if it was like that 1 miss from a bomber could mean disaster for ground people! it would be AWESOME! but only some maps could do it like geonosis from BF2 wide area and look in the sky theres a space battle, so bring the space battle bit close to the ground and there we go and u could just add more units OR lets just say this 100/100

100/100 ( they r the units and u hav 2 100s cuz first 100 is land 2nd 100 is air) big fight! woot awesome i dea yayayayayayayayay yay

fighters might work if there are enough anti aircraft guns, in the old bespin they had quite a few AA guns, they were easy to biuld and fix

If there are a few ais, or a ton of people on the map they can stop a few pilots from destroying those on the ground when the pilots have to spend some time destroying the AA guns and each other,

Hmm... with AA guns, air battles could work, the AA guns would mean that the fighters wouldn't have much of an advantage over the ground troops. And besides in single player, the AI would never hardly fire on the ground.

I'd like to see a DeathStar Space map. Hero Elimination in The Geonosian Arena. I don't know how they missed those two when creating maps for SWBF2. Utapau with a few more levels and a bit more expansion into some of what they tried to do in SWBF2... like they did with Kamino from SWBF1 into Kamino for SWBF2.

Another idea I thought was kewl that's been floating around some of the SWBF3 wish lists throughout the forums.. is to have a Space map but with the interior of the capital ships more like Tantive IV or some other expanded interior that could be it's own separate map with a space battle going on outside. Introduce an interactive environment where you can lock doors and blast holes through walls.

Kamino: Interior throughout the domes and platforms. Those platforms have levels underneath and under the domes. They did in the movies anyway. The game doesn't show them.

I myself like the idea of Air Support.. It's too bad they dropped it for SWBF2 (excepting Hoth)... Single player with air support is pretty good... during campaign mode or Instant action games. But Multi-player with air support is a slaughter. It attracts the vehicle noobs. They even dropped the sniper calling in an air strike and replaced it with aa auto-turret. Air vehicles ruin online play IMHO.

And Bring back Bespin Cloud City, only expand it. Coruscant is a big planet that is completely city. There's got to be more to it than the Jedi Temple. Some nice gorilla warfare happening I'm sure.

How about Geonosis: "The Works".. with the droid factory.

After all's said and done though.. the modding community comes up with some pretty decent maps after release. Some maps are better than the shipped maps.

Wow.. prolly too much to say on the subject, but I had to get it off my chest.. :cowdance

well if people had skill (like SOME people *cough me cough and alot of other peope* well i can take out ship with machine guns! its easy u just gotta see were they are bam bam bam they try to evade when u shoot i see were they go fast. i react bam bam woooooooooooooo BOOM. if u guys hav skill u stop complaining and SHOOT! (PS it was 2 vs 1 and my friends are good at this game)

Yea.. don't dis da Trip... :( Having skill is not a label you put on yourself... you're labeled that way by others. It doesn't take "skill" to wipe out an air ship, and there are easier ways than "machine guns" to get them... that's not the point.

When's the last time you got in a server and everyone acted like a team.. (putting aside playing with your clan, if you're in one). If you join a public server, it's every man for himself.. very seldom do you see someone spawning in as a heavy trooper so he can be the vehicle balance... You only see that when the vehicle is spawn killing at the last CP.. otherwise ppl spawn in as their favorite unit or another unit they're comfortable with. You never see someone in a public server thinking of the team... everyone wants to be on the top of the score list. Nobody cares about "Darth_Johnny_Doe" who made tank buster award but was on the bottom of the kill list. That's what teams/clans are for. Teamwork and "taking one for the team".

I don't have a problem with air support or air vehicles in campaign mode or instant action.. but in multiplayer, I usually play without bots.. (cuz that's where the skilled ppl play.. not myself of course ;), but I learn from the others). Without bots.. air support is just dumb. Vehicle noobs will get in a tank and just rape the map. SWBF3 (as if), I hope will introduce a way of turning on/off vehicles, that way both ends of the spectrum will be happy.. the noobed and the skilled ;)

Archived