I'm a Mac.... and I'm a PC

RobQel-Droma

Mac or PC?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Mac or PC?

• Mac
    • Windows
    • Yoda

I think I actually will buy a mac in 2008, simply for ease of use. It is definitely more expensive BUT lets me install and run just about anything I can think of.

The mac's hardware limitations have a positive aspect, too: with only a small number of possible configurations, there are far less setup issues and having any OS right at hand promises to be fun. :)

.... there are far less setup issues and having any OS right at hand promises to be fun. :)

MJ >> are you one of those strange people that think computers are used for anything other than gaming :p

Seriously, if there were no PC gaming to be heard of, many of us would be content with ubuntu or similar to do our work/browsing on ;)

Of course there are are programming/engineering design types that would need <insert OS and app cohort>, but thats still work, not actual "fun" like destroying dragons/aliens/nazis/zombies and scoring goals/hoops/touchdowns :D

gaming ftw

mtfbwya

MJ >> are you one of those strange people that think computers are used for anything other than gaming :p

mtfbwya

Just how did you find out? :lol:

As it happens, I've had far too little time to play as much as I want recently, so much so that the kids complain about missing a formidable opponent. :D

For work, I have to use linux as per the boss creature's orders but I'm free to choose SuSE or any other 'big' distro that lets me run the progs needed. Personally, I find working - as opposed to gaming - under linux very easy and productive. (As I said, I'm used to unix, so the whole concept's not really new to me.)

The one important feature I sorely miss in my windows-distro is the Kteatimer applet. :lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived