Home

boooo

mozzymatt

im sorry but i strongly disagree ... did you ever think about what actually happened to revan in th eunknown regions ... revan could be dead (that would suck) yu can start off as revans half trained apprentice or some shenanigans ... you can just be some grey jedi stuggleing to find the error of his ways when BOOM you find yourself on a sith planet needing to escape ... i just dont think they'll leave it go ...

edit: considering this is a place fr argument ... just because the republic has stood for that long doesnt mean it couldbe be ruled by the sith .... but maybe it does .... im just making up my own **** probibly .... but alternate endings disregard canon anyway.

If you remove "Knights of the Old Republic II" from the series, you know how "Knights of the Old Republic III" would have ended with Revan. I personally don't think they will be revisiting the Exile and Revan story any time soon. "Knights of the Old Republic I" did a great job in telling you the Revan story, and there really doesn't need any more explination.

If you think about it, a Revan storyarch in "KotOR III" will only repeate the end of "KotOR I". Revan will either end as a Sith or Jedi. - and - He/she saves, kills, or rules the gallaxy. Very predictable.

Well said.

I really don't see what a third installment would really do that would be revolutionary in terms of gameplay or story-telling. We intuitively know the ending (and the alternate ending), the basic plot outline, the main characters, the basic possible archetypes for supporting characters, the weapon of choice, probably the transport of choice, so on. Whats left? Even more details?

Starting out as a closeted Jedi with amnesia, with no weapons or allies, slowly leveling up, traveling to roughly eight planets (which are expressed using 6-8 modules/rooms), to be a galaxy-wide legend has been done. Doing it again is a rehash. Using the same game engine, which is quite dated compared to a lot of the stuff on the market now, would be an even greater crime.

There are some who would care less, but I really go for quality games over quantity (sequels for the sake of sequels). I may get flak for saying this. But to be as good a game as Mass Effect or Oblivion, you can't have "Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords, Part 2". It pales in comparison.

If there were to be a third game, it would have to depart radically in order to be fresh. That being said, I did not particularly enjoy the sequel - so I could really not care too much about a game based on it. I'm excited about the possibility of an MMO though.

I'm content that Knights of the Old Republic was one of the greatest games ever made, with a story that was stronger than the recent trilogy.

There are some who would care less, but I really go for quality games over quantity (sequels for the sake of sequels). I may get flak for saying this. But to be as good a game as Mass Effect or Oblivion, you can't have "Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords, Part 2". It pales in comparison.

Well spoken, even though you mentioned games that will or already are sequels. :D

Well said.

I really don't see what a third installment would really do that would be revolutionary in terms of gameplay or story-telling. We intuitively know the ending (and the alternate ending), the basic plot outline, the main characters, the basic possible archetypes for supporting characters, the weapon of choice, probably the transport of choice, so on. Whats left? Even more details?

Starting out as a closeted Jedi with amnesia, with no weapons or allies, slowly leveling up, traveling to roughly eight planets (which are expressed using 6-8 modules/rooms), to be a galaxy-wide legend has been done. Doing it again is a rehash. Using the same game engine, which is quite dated compared to a lot of the stuff on the market now, would be an even greater crime.

If there were to be a third game, it would have to depart radically in order to be fresh. That being said, I did not particularly enjoy the sequel - so I could really not care too much about a game based on it. I'm excited about the possibility of an MMO though.

I'm content that Knights of the Old Republic was one of the greatest games ever made, with a story that was stronger than the recent trilogy.

Very, very, very true. "Kights of the Old Republic III" would need to have major overhaul changes in game engine, story-telling, and leveling up. People would get really tired of the same old - same old. Plus, how does one get around being predictable?

You mentioned another great point. We allready know the story details and such. In order to get people interested in a third installment, the writter would have to find extreme ways to refresh everything. I personally don't want to play an amnesia driven Jedi/Sith again.

I also agree that games have changed since "Knights of the Old Republic I". The latest games in the pipeline are much more advanced. "Knights of the Old Republic III" would have to be very revolutionary.

Personally, I could hold out until Lucas Arts makes something new for RPGs. I'm not a MMORPG fan. I would have to wait until they made a stand-alone RPG.

:)

We allready know the story details and such. In order to get people interested in a third installment, the writter would have to find extreme ways to refresh everything. I personally don't want to play an amnesia driven Jedi/Sith again.

Why does everyone seem to be so unswervingly convinced that that's the only possible candidate for a K3 player character?

• 2 weeks later...

Because they want to play as a force user, some from the very beginning. I agree with the force user part, but what if the next PC is:

--Someone new

--Has no teacher, so there's not much to learn but the basics or stuff from instinct

--Choices determine whether the PC lives or dies at the end of it all

Give your input...

well kotor is the story of revan its all about what he's started and why and your gonna give us everything except how it ends .... preposterous

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with that.

Now, I just wish people would learn how to type on these forums.

I don't think Obsidian would 'further obstruct' the KOTOR legacy, thats simply your pov and I'm sure you'll find others on this forum who love KOTOR II (myself included) for what they were able to do and achieve with the ludicrous deadline they were given by LA. No one ever said that any game has to focus on any one character. In fact I'd say that I would applaud a KOTOR III with a totally new main character but your entitled to disagree with me :p

I don't think Obsidian would 'further obstruct' the KOTOR legacy, thats simply your pov and I'm sure you'll find others on this forum who love KOTOR II (myself included) for what they were able to do and achieve with the ludicrous deadline they were given by LA. No one ever said that any game has to focus on any one character. In fact I'd say that I would applaud a KOTOR III with a totally new main character but your entitled to disagree with me :p

A new character would be almost necessary after finishing Revan's and Exile's stories. yes my pov is that KOTOR II wasn't the best, it had the most amount of cut content, the overall feel and emotion of the game (in my opinion) was not the same as KOTOR I. The ending left me saying "wtf!?". II was clearly rushed and there is no denying that. Everything beyond Peragus and Telos didn't appeal to me, and I would have quit playing if it weren't for Kreia's snide remarks and the rebuild HK sidequest.

If the PC had no teacher he/she must be pretty a darn fast learner on their own by the end of the game.

Not necessarily, I mean yea if the PC was extremely force sensitive, then S/He could be a fast learner. But on the other hand, there are other ways than the force...which I think would be pretty innovative to enhance that option to where you might need to rely on your non-force abilities a little more.

Archived