Home

[WIP] [K1] World War 2 Custom Area Mod and Recruiting

Sithspecter

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be a beta very, very soon! At KotOR files, they accepted it, but my email deleted the actual mod:(. I am uploading it currently, so everone can get an idea of what's going on. I'm working on getting my trees to collide, then I'm making a whole forest, not a grove of 5...

If anyone wants to make any requests or suggestions, please do!

If somebody can model heads, please contact me!

I'm working on getting my trees to collide, then I'm making a whole forest, not a grove of 5...

You may want to learn using reference nodes, as they were made for this exact purpose (i.e. to allow for quick creation of several copies of the same model).

Hmmm... Could you please be more detailed about how this is used?

Kotor has the capability of using reference nodes: you create a particular model (a tree, a bush, a rock etc.) and then you put several copies of it in the area by referencing the original one. This is useful when you have to populate the area with several dozens of those, as it obviously speeds up the work. The trick is to create 4 or 5 different source models and then mix them while populating the area.

I have no clue how this is done in Max, though.

I have no clue how this is done in Max, though.

Max gives you like three options when you start copying objects.

It can be a copy ( a full new object on its own.)

a reference ( keeps a very tight link with orginale, if you alter the orginale the reference alters to. )

an instant ( is inbetween a full copy and reference. )

The last 2 safe memory more , cause of the link to the orginale , though I have no idea what Kotor would do with such "objects".

Or if this is even what Mag ment?

Max gives you like three options when you start copying objects.

It can be a copy ( a full new object on its own.)

a reference ( keeps a very tight link with orginale, if you alter the orginale the reference alters to. )

an instant ( is inbetween a full copy and reference. )

The last 2 safe memory more , cause of the link to the orginale , though I have no idea what Kotor would do with such "objects".

Or if this is even what Mag ment?

Kotor knows how to use reference nodes in its .mdl files. Sounds like they represent objects of type "reference" in Max. They should help populating a forest without having to model every single tree....

Kotor knows how to use reference nodes in its .mdl files. Sounds like they represent objects of type "reference" in Max. They should help populating a forest without having to model every single tree....

I actually used that a lot for the pillars of my Temple, used zillion of copys :p

Though in the end I turned/ converted everything into Mesh, so I'm not sure if the "reference" was erased by that or not.

Archived