Home

PI: Paranormal Investigation

starmark2k

Jo cocked a crooked eyebrow at the fanged girl, then shook her head dismissively. "Kids and their quest to be different," she muttered under her breath, thinking that the girl could have spent her money more wisely than on Gothic-Vamp dental implants.

She started to follow James, but then the girl nodded at her bag. "Your bag, ma'am? if you're taking it inside, I have to search it."

"Search it? Search it for what?"

The girl nodded nonchalantly over her shoulder to the poster depicting the club's contraband on the wall behind her.

"Oh, for goodness sake...," Jo complained. She compliantly set her large handbag on the counter, but when the girl went to search it, Jo smacked her hand. "I'll take out the contents myself, thank you very much," she said rather irritably as she opened up her bag. "It's degrading enough to have a stranger examine my personal belongings just to gain entry into an establishment that hides itself away in a warehouse."

She took out her wallet, a comb, a small notepad, a mobile phone, a pencil, and a pack of peppermint gum. Next came a cosmetic powder compact, a tube of mascara, a lipstick, a travel-size can of hairspray, another pencil with several elastic hair bands wrapped around it, and a small box of tissues. A bottle of vitamin supplements followed, then a ruler, some wax crayons, another pencil, a pen, a handful of paper clips, an oatmeal snack bar, a few hard mints wrapped in cellophane, a small plastic doll with scraggly blonde hair, and then a utility bill, and a souvenir lighter of the London Eye boasting it was 135m off the ground.

"I've got feminine 'supplies' in the small zippered pocket," Jo said to the girl, as she rummaged deeper into the purse, "but as a fellow female, I suppose you already know what they look like?"

The girl sighed, and just waved her arm dismissively over the innocuous items on the table. "Just... go in."

Jo repacked her bag, and went to stand by James. "Do you have to do this every single time you come here?"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"No, we leave our bags in the car, that way we don't have to pull do a Merry Poppins and pull astonishing amount of crap," Claude replied, his tone of voice and accent suggested to his partner that his alter ego, Edward was in control of the body. He then helped himself to the Oatmeal snack bar. He unwrapped the foil cover and took a bite, munching away as the vampire the felt him up as she searched for any signs of weaponry. He smiled cheekily as the woman began to check his jacket pockets and chest. Once he was deemed cleaned, he turned to Jo and said, "Come on Supernanny, time to go into the place sunlight forgot."

The Vampire girl stared at Dania for a moment as the half-Werewolf unstrapped her sword from her back. The sword was followed by her gun, and then she moved forward, but the girl stopped her.

"Werewolves get... unfriendly this time of month," the girl said. "What guarantee do you have that..."

"Silver/narc injection, thank the boss," Dania interrupted with a low growl. The Vampire girl winced.

"I hear that hurts like hell 'till it wears off," she observed. Dania nodded curtly and the girl waved her past with a, "Just be careful... that stuff'll kill ya."

Kate walked up to the vampire next. She pulled out her small pocket knife and set it down in the vampires hand. After the pat down, they vampire girl eyed her a bit as if to say 'that's it?' Kate playfully nipped at her making a biting sound with her teeth. The vamp rolled her eyes and allowed her to pass.

James walked over to the door that the two large men stood by, although they appeared human James knew they were far from it. Both men looked down at James with emotionless faces and then one went to open the door for the investigators and their clients to step through.

“Don’t cause trouble Burke.” One of the large men threatened.

“That’s up to your boss.” James replied obviously un-phased by the large mans death.

The large man just snarled and then preceded with open the door. As the door cracked open the sound of loud alternative rock music filled the room. James stepped through the doorway into the even larger room within the warehouse, it was a nightclub with a large dance floor a stage currently hosting a live band playing the alternative rock music. Across one wall was a large bar that served everything from champagne to virgin blood, and small tables where spread out around it.

The Club was filled with all kinds of Darks, mostly vampires but other demons also littered the room, ones that couldn’t pass for human, including an 8’ red demon with goat horns and a scaly green creature that had a nose. They were doing everything from dancing by the stage to drinking blood from a champagne glass.

To someone who had never seen this kind of place before it would have probably shock and scared them, but for James this was normal, he saw places like this all the time.

“Say what you like about Vamps, they always have great live music.” James shouted over the loud noise. He then began to walk forward into the crowd of Darks, he pushed through presuming the rest would manage to keep up with him.

Soon they pushed through the crowd and came to an area that was raised over the dance floor where there was a large couch with a single man surrounded by scantily dressed women and some more large bodyguards. James walked up to the table in front of the man and stood there looking down at him.

“Well if it isn’t Jimmy one eye Burke.” The Man Said with a sinister grin that showed off his vampire fangs.

“We’re here for information Azule.” James replied.

“That’s the only reason you come here.” The vampire replied. “Maybe you should have a drink, we serve the best AB negative in all London.”

“Just the info today.” The PI demanded. “A Little girl went missing on London eye, magic was most probably involved, what do you know?”

“I know nothing about these disappearing girls.” Azule stated.

“Girls?” James raised an eyebrow. “I only mentioned one.”

((I'll yetyou guys get your 2 cents in, well pense as it is i the UK.))

Jo was standing close beside James, mainly because the music was playing so loud that she couldn't hear him otherwise, but also because the place he had brought her to was, in a word, bizarre.

She had been perfectly content to stand back and let James and his team do their jobs. After all, they were the professionals and this was their 'territory,' so to speak. But when she heard the man mention 'girls' in plural, the protective mother in her took control.

"There are other girls missing?" she said incredulously. Without caring that the man sitting at the table in front of her could possibly be dangerous, she stepped forward, elbowing one of his scantily clad women aside. "So, what, there's some sort of conspiracy thing going on here? Kidnapping little girls? I'm sure the press would have a field day with that story!" She poked a finger into Azule's chest. "Young man, you tell Mr. Burke everything you know about these missing girls!" Poke. "Right!" Poke. "This!" Poke. "Instant!"

Azule's eyes widened and he started to say something, but Jo cut him off. "And, no, I don't particularly care how inferior you think I am, or how common my A-positive blood makes me, and, yes, it was actually my idea to tag along with Mr. Burke and come to this dreadfully decorated place. But everyone in the world knows that regardless of species, you never, ever mess with an angry mum!"

Her eyes narrowed as Azule stared at her with utter surprise. "Now, I know you have better things to do," she continued, "so the sooner you spill the beans, the sooner 'supernanny' will get out of your face, and I won't even have to show you my sharpened, yellow, but slightly gnawed at one end, Staedtler HB."

She crossed her arms over her chest and her foot began to tap the floor, but it wasn't in tune to the music. No, it was 'mom rhythm' as she waited impatiently for his response.

“As I said, I know nothing.” The Vampire repeated himself looking incredibly annoyed.

“Do we have to do this?” James Asked

“Do What?”

“The thing we always do. We ask you a question, you don’t answer, we ask you again, you get aggressive, we threaten you, you tell… Let’s skip it and just tell me.” James Explained.

“I don’t know anything, now get out of my club.” Azule demanded.

“Here we go again.” James sighed. “As well as the mother factor we got going for us, to my right is a Hybrid werewolf on a full moon, yeah she’s dosed but her strength and aggression are more than enough to kill guy one, to my left is a witch, who can set alight guy two.” James took a deep breath. “As for you.” The investigator reached into his sleeve and pulled out a vile of clear liquid. “Guess what your girl outside forgot to remove.”

Azule sighed angrily as he sat up and looked down at the ground. “Word has it 15 girls have gone missing all over the country, all born on the same day, rumour says they are all oracles.”

“Fifteen oracle in the same year of Hera.” James Scoffed. “That’s impossible you don’t get more than three or four in the world yet alone in one country.”

“I only know what I’ve heard.” Azule defended. “That’s all, now leave!”

“Gladly.” James explained as he turned to the rest. “Let’s get out of here.”

Dania let out a sort of half-whine as she turned to follow James. "Come on, boss," she pleaded. "You know Azule deserves a few scratches... or perhaps a dislocated shoulder. He'll recover just fine." She knew what his answer would be, but the silver-mix was nowhere near strong enough to crush her hunt-lust entirely... and if it was, she'd be dead. So James had to put up with such questions... and the further into the dose they got, the stranger her requests would get.

Jason led the group out of the club and back over to the coat/weapon check girl to collect his things, after everyone had gotten their stuff he turned back to look at Dania. “Nights still young Dee, got plenty of time to fight someone.”

The investigators left the warehouse and went towards the cars, Peter was there so James gave him a quick wave to let him know they had finished. A sound came from above them, like footsteps on the warehouses roof, James looked up and saw something falling. The falling objects crashed on to the floor with a bang letting James see they weren’t objects but a mixture of different darks, three of which James had never seen before.

“I think you’ll be getting that fight quicker that we thought.” James stated to Dania.

Peter nodded at Jason and started the van. He wanted to get out of here as fast as possible. These warehouses seemed to be falling apart - Wait a minute.

He shoved the door open and reached around, pulling his shotgun out. He dove across the van, bringing his Jericho up as he ran towards them. It was too dark for him to get a decent view of what they were being attacked by. He plunged his left hand into his jacket, pulling out a stake. This was not good.

Archived