Home

Taris Texture Packs ! Resource Mod !

Quanon

Edit: I put 'em in Override, and nothing has changed. (I kept them i ntheir original individual folders). ALso, two folders seem to have an identical file...

You'll have to put them out the folders and dump them all into the override.

If you keep'em in Folders in your override they don't get used by the game.

That's what I ment with putting OFF. :p

Don't worry about the Identical files. I might have used the same texture twice or just saved them double without knowing.

I have no idea how the names go for Daviks Estate.

I'll look it up and put up a list in my first Post.

I'll have to remember to add a txt file list to another release.

You'll have to put them out the folders and dump them all into the override.

If you keep'em in Folders in your override they don't get used by the game.

That's what I ment with putting OFF. :p

Don't worry about the Identical files. I might have used the same texture twice or just saved them double without knowing.

I have no idea how the names go for Daviks Estate.

I'll look it up and put up a list in my first Post.

I'll have to remember to add a txt file list to another release.

Ok, gotcha. I'll try that. Thanks. :D Btw...whats the folder called dantooine_SecCenter modify?

Taris is looking good, especially the Cantina (I haven't hit the lower city yet). Seriously, you should do a project of reskinning/texturing other areas. The Jedi Acadamy on Korriban would be a good one to do, as would Manaan. Your Taris skins make the game look about two years newer, graphics-wise.

Taris is looking good, especially the Cantina (I haven't hit the lower city yet). Seriously, you should do a project of reskinning/texturing other areas. The Jedi Acadamy on Korriban would be a good one to do, as would Manaan. Your Taris skins make the game look about two years newer, graphics-wise.

Wow, thanks for the complement :)

Its great to hear you guys enjoy the textures.

I'd might do few other texture thingys, I found it really enjoying to do something as simple as this.

I'll still have to look for this list, but I've been occupied by some other things modding wize, sorry for the delay.

Wow, thanks for the complement :)

Its great to hear you guys enjoy the textures.

I'd might do few other texture thingys, I found it really enjoying to do something as simple as this.

I'll still have to look for this list, but I've been occupied by some other things modding wize, sorry for the delay.

Higher-quality/resolution textures in general would make KotOR looks a *lot* better, especially if you do reflective surfaces (like some of the tiling and wood paneling for the Taris skins). Better bump-mapped textures than the originals, if it were possible to do (modders have done it in Oblivion, and othera have managed to implement parralax mapping into Doom 3), would really look awesome. I think most modern computers would handle KotOR with more detailed textures. Plus, after playing the game for 5 years now, it looks good to see some of these areas with a new look (especially Taris, given how many times we've all been through it! :D ).

In case anyone was wondering, I think these do change the Leviathan (it looked changed from the cutscene). Which files change how Sith areas look? I may take 'em back out before I start any Brotherhood of Shadow missions so I can see how those areas are supposed to look... ;)

I've played all the way through Taris now, and I'll restate what I said before: these make Taris look much better. Davik's mansion in particular looks sweet. :D And from what I saw of the Leviathan's bridge i nthe cutscene, it looks pretty neat too. I still say you should do Korriban or Manaan or soemthing sometime.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived