Home

Star Wars NJO: Rise of Darth Caedus

Akira nodded at D.J's suggestions. "You're right. While Jak's working with the computers, you can figure out a way on how the life support can work again. As for me, I'll watch for Allana and the others."

She turned around to go back towards where the gaming table was at."Man, it's like I hangout there like a teenager," Akira thought to herself. She and Allana sat down at the table.

Allana looked up at Akira. "What'cha name, again?" she asked.

The young woman glanced down at her side and smiled. "Akira."

"That's a pretty name!" She played with her stuffed tauntaun happily. Akira watched with sadness as the little girl played so innocently...

"Thank you," Akira whispered.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It only took a few moments for Jak to clear up all the bugs on Solo's navi compumputer. He got up from the seat.

"Looks like I've done all I could with the navi computer..." he said towards Akira. "Guess Solo is getting too old to remember to scan it every once in a while!" he chuckled with the remark.

"I'm gonna go find Solo, and give him the news we've technically found a mechanic... and his latest update on his hyperdrive and life support systems. Tagging along, or are you gonna baby-sit Allana?"

Akira glanced down at the little girl when Jak asked her that. She didn't want to leave Allana... because she was the future for her homeworld... Hapes. She thought about it.

Allana smiled up at Akira. "It's okay, Akira. You can go with him." She giggled when she thought about those two. "I mean... you guys are 'friends', right?"

"Aww, c'mon! We're just friends." Akira blushed at Allana's comment. Then she tried to get off the subject. "Well, at least your grandmother, 3PO, and the other strike team are here. You guys be careful."

The young woman got up, and walked beside Jak. "Ready?" She grinned.

The streets were, as always, dirty. This untidy planet made Han Solo somewhat feel at home, maybe because he lived here before with Chewie in his golden smuggler days. At first glance, Nar Shaddaa could be very intimidating to the usual tourist or spacer, with all the "Smuggler's Moon, Mercenary Den or Hutt's Breeding Ground" nicknames (just to picture the last one gave Han some chills) it was not on the A-list vacation spots to visit, yet, everything you wanted could be found here; Nar Shaddaa was a paradise its own unique way to some people.

As he searched for his old friends garage, he noticed that the Vong's terraforming had destroyed some of the neighborhood he once knew. "Well, this is Nuubi's place alright, let's see if he still remembers me"

As he pressed the button on the door, he noticed that the garage had changed. Some windows had been walled in, the door had been crudely reinforced, all making it seem that Nuubi got into some shady business. It was not rare to see this around the planet however, so nobody payed much attention.

Han's thoughts were interrupted by a chime on the door's comm, "Ah'chu apenkee?" said a voice in Huttese

"Dolpee kikyuna" answered Han, "Nuubi pateessa"

"Hi chuba da naga?" asked the voice

"Han Solo"

"H'chu apenkee Solo" said another voice in Huttese, which Han knew belonged to a Hutt, "Kee hasa do punyoo"

Before Han could react, four armed thugs came out the door, blasters pointed at him.

"Whoa whoa, Nee dolya pukee toba guys" said Han, trying to understand the situation, "what's going on?

One of the thugs explained in Basic so Han could fully understand, "Head of State Jacen Solo has issued a very big bounty for whoever brings him to you, dead or alive, along with some little girl you got on your ship. Because you go far back with lorda Nobo, he will give you the courtesy of not killing you, but I can't say the same for the Jedi that accompany you"

"Come on guys, let's take it easy, let me talk to Nobo and figure something out, alright?" asked Han, while discretely activating his beacon so the other will know where he was at.

"Get inside, I wouldn't be surprised if more bounty hunters are on the way here, but don't you worry" said the thug herding Han inside the building with his blaster "the boss has it all under control"

D.J suddenly felt a very quick disturbance in the force. Only this time he recognized it.

"Wait don't go yet." D.J shouted. He ran to them.

"I have a really bad feeling about this. I'm coming to." D.J kept his hands on his guns. The Millennium Falcon's loading platform went down and D.J walked down it.

"I have a feeling something has happened to Solo. We should stick together and find him." D.J began slowly walking. Expecting a bounty hunter to come around the corner any moment. D.J took one pistol out and signaled to Akira and Jak.

"Come on. Lets go find Han. We have to get off this rock as soon as possible."

"I'm a little suprised little girls at your age think about that kind of stuff!" Jak grinned. "Anyway, if you get into trouble you can contact us via the comlink. Do you know how to use it? Well, who wouldn't nowadays--"

He was interupted by a continous beeping coming from the computer. Jak examined it.

"Its Han's homing beacon! He must be some sort of trouble--" Jak was again interupted when D.J entered the room.

""Wait don't go yet." then the Selkath explained to everyone his little feeling concerning Han.

"Yes I figured that. Why elsse would he activate his homing beacon? C'mon, lets quickly get him out of this mess!"

And with that, Jak grabbed his coat and exited the Falcon and waited for the others to ajoin him. His double-bladed Lightsaber was safely in its sheath strapped to his back.

Akira made sure that her lightsaber was clipped to her utility belt good. After that, she followed Jak, along with D.J. Akira knew that something like this would happen.

"Man, the one thing I didn't want, and Mr. Solo gets caught. Oh brother!" she complained. The young woman looked around cautiously, making sure no thugs would get in their way.

Akira sighed. "Okay... if I was Mr. Solo... and captured by thugs... where would I be?" She began to think, and used the Force to sense where Han could be held hostage at.

As he was given his assignment and objectives from Jacen Solo, Aito studied the man. His presence seemed to inspire both fear and confidence on the Anakin's crew. Just like his grandfather, looks like the rumors were true, he thought to himself. His own source aboard the Anakin Solo had mentioned this, but just now Aito believed it. After the meeting was over, the colonel dismissed the other bounty hunters but asked Aito to stay.

for I sense you surpass them all, in technique as well as in determination.

"Yes Colonel, you don't have to worry about your daughter, I'll get her back guaranteed. What I wanted to ask you is about the other passengers, the Jedi and your parents, Han Solo and Leia Organa Solo, do you want them alive or should I dispose of them?"

“Do what must be done with them…and remember that your priority is to bring me Allana on board.” Responded the Dark Lord.

“I’ve contact the Hutts, and they informed me that Captain Solo has fallen into their hands on Nar Shadaa…” Jacen continued “to Nar Shadaa you must go Bounty Hunter, and then you will get your prize.”

There was some difficulty in finding Captain Solo. Nar Shadda is a place of great struggle through the force, making almost anyone difficult to find.

Jak thought hard of the direction the old corelian scoundrel went after they had split up. "the Falcon always got beat up in the old days, but me and Chewie found a good and cheap repair dock, just past the nearest cantina, it was run by a Hutt. I'll go check it out..."

Jak and the others walked to the spot where they had last departed. "Solo went in that direction when we split up..." Jak stated, as he pointed down at the road leading to the repair dock. He looked at the GPS which held the homing beacon's signal.

"Definatly down that direction. Lets stick together and be very cautious..."

Akira nodded. "Right." When they proceeded towards the repair dock ahead, some people started to stare at them suspiciously. The young woman felt uncomfortable when stuff like that happened.

"Oh, man. I hope they don't think we're Jedi..." Akira thought to herself. Then she started to look ahead again.

The repair dock started to appear closer, as the trio came towards it. Suddenly, Akira felt a disturbance in the Force. "Ugh! Why can't I think of nothing good at times?"

From behind, a man sat at the corner, staring at the three collegues. He pulled out a comlink. "I think that's them..." he whispered. "Be ready..."

"Lorda Nobo, one of our lookouts have confirmed visual contact, a trio of intruders" said Tobias, a human mercenary and second in command of Nobo the Hutt's forces, "I bet its them Jedi"

"Jeedai" responded Nobo in a sour tone, "killee jeedai"

"It will be my pleasure lorda" said Tobias as he activated 3 heavy defender droids. "The Jedi are going to try to get in, use all weapons necessary to stop them" then he said to the mercs and thugs, "do not use blasters on the Jedi, use electroshock rifles and capture nets, we could get a bonus if we present these rogue jedi to the colonel"

"Do you think that will really be enough? You guys don't stand a chance against three Jedi Knights" said Han, who had been hearing the conversation

"I already know that Solo, but I'm not that stupid" said Tobias with a smirk on his face, then he activated a Holonet transmitter, that connected to a planet wide communications channel, " Attention all of you murishanis and mercenaries of the smuggler moon, I bet you heard about the Galactic Alliance's bounty on Captain HanSolo, well, you 'll be glad to know that he's here on Nobo The Hutt's place, come and get him. And I remind you that the bounty is for 35 million credits, dead or alive"

After he finished his announcement, he motioned for Nobo to go into the turbolift, which will deliver them to a bunker. "All droids stay up here, with 10 of our men, shoot to disable, but take no chances, kill if need be"

-------------------------------------

As the Hades left the Anakin's docking bay, Aito started to make his capture plan. "Okay Vergo, go full speed to Nar Shaddaa, its about to go down now. Han Solo seems to have turned into a hot item by the looks of things"

"No kidding" said the pilot as he readied the engines for a hyperspace travel, "you think we will make it in time?"

"Han Solo has lasted this long by his huge amount of luck, but it will run out when I meet him"

"What do you have in mind?" asked Ingrid curiously

"All of the mercs and bounty hunters on that moon are going to kill themselves over the bounty, it's going to be worse than hell" Aito stated, "we need to slip in quietly, then we wait for our prey"

"Hopefully I won't get a souvenir from one of those jedi that are with him" commented Vergo worriedly, then the Hades jumped, its crew's objective: the capture of Han Solo

As the group walked down the dirty, neon-light illuminated streets, Jak quickly spotted three Heavily armed droids exit out of an arch doorway. As one of them turned there head to face the group with its glowing red photoreceptors, the droid lifted its weapon and aimed.

"LOOK OUT!" Jak exclaimed, as he pulled Akira into an alley way for cover. A blast of laser fire shot past the alleyway. Jak pulled out his twin Mandalorian Blasters and layed against the wall. He slowly peeped his eyes out of the alley to get a good glance at the three armed droids. He then jumped out and rapidly fired his blasters at the droids.

It didn't do much damage, so Jak went back into the alley to dodge further retaliation.

As Akira continued to walk, she noticed three deadly looking droids come out in front of them. They didn't look like the types that wanted to help. Instead, they fired at Akira, D.J, and Jak.

"LOOK OUT!" She was pulled by her companion.

"What the kriff?!" She exclaimed. When she rested her back against the wall, she glanced at Jak. "Brilliant. Now how are we suppose to get outta here?!"

The young woman glared down, and took out her lightsaber. She glanced at both D.J and Jak. "Okay... who dares me to go out there and distract those droids, while you two get Solo, hm?"

"I'l take them out." D.J replied. He took his pistols out and rolled over to the side and began firing. He managed to disable one droid however they began firing at him. D.J took out his lightsaber and cut their guns. Then their heads

D.J quickly cut his lightsaber off. Suddenly he felt something.

"Guy's I have a really bad feeling about this. We need to go get Solo as soon as possible. I have a feeling whatever was chasing you is coming this way."

D.J pointed in the direction Jak said earlier. "Come on. I think I can feel him down this way." D.J called out as he pointed in a direction while buckling his pistols back to his hips.

Caedus refrain from meditation suddenly, and then he stormed to the bridge of the Anakin Solo. There he stopped and called for the Admiral to give him his new order,

“prepare a fighter for me, this time I shall deal with them myself.”

“it will be done my lord.” Replied the Admiral.

Caedus then went to his chamber to get the necessary equipments. Thereafter he piloted the fighter prepared to him, and exited the Anakin Solo to the darkest space of Nar Shaddaa.

Akira grinned when D.J destroyed all three droids. "Well... that wasn't much fun. Ahem..." She got up, and walked over to the Selkath, scratching her head.

"Thanks for saving our rears out there. Now... maybe we should get going, before we get fried!" Akira said. She looked at Jak, and smiled. "You okay now?"

Suddenly, she felt a disturbance in the Force. Someone that felt familiar was here on the planet. Someone... that had darkness in them. Akira gasped. "Oh no! He's here!"

Caedus’s ship finally reached the space of Nar Shaddaa. He closed his eyes and sensed Allana, but he also sensed danger. He activated his comlink and contact the Anakin Solo…

“I am now in Nar Shaddaa, the target is here as well. Prepare yourself for war!”

The fighter landed on Nar Shaddaa’s surface. Jacen left his fighter and stood amid the population. He could sense his daughter, as well as his parents and some three other force sensitives. He grasped the hilt of his lightsaber but did not activate it. And then he ran toward a direction guided by the force…

“this is no job for the Dark Lord of the Sith!” he muttered…

Akira could sense the danger coming closer and closer... Suddenly, it became clear to her: Caedus would never rest until Allana was in his grasp again! She knew that... but he'd have to go through the Jedi first!

"You guys go ahead! Forget about me! I'll face Darth Caedus! The daughter of Hapes shouldn't be taken again!"

After saying this, Akira ran from the group. She could sense Caedus was getting closer until...

She bumped into a person in front of her, when she wasn't paying attention. Akira shook her head, and glanced up. She gasped. "Darth Caedus!!!" Akira shouted.

Caedus was running toward the direction he knew only by senses, until suddenly a young woman bumped into him. He quickly force-pushed her away from him, then he stopped to look at her, and he knew who she was...

“Akira…” he concluded “uncle Luke’s young student. To be honest I suspected that you are involved in all of this.” He smiled “now, back away, I have a daughter to retrieve.” He said and then continued to walk slowly toward her direction.

Akira ran after Caedus. "Wait! Uh... what if I told you... that I could help you? Ya know... being acquaintances? Look, I know you don't believe me... but can't we talk for a moment... please?!"

The beautiful young woman continued to follow behind him a few feet away. Then she pulled out her lightsaber, but didn't ignite it. "Unless you wanna fight, Mr. Colonel!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Allana could sense her father's presence here on Nar Shadda. "Daddy!" she yelled happily. She wanted to get up, but Leia grabbed her, telling her that Daddy knew where she probably was. So she would have to "wait".

Deep in Leia's heart though, she hoped that her son wouldn't find them.

C-3PO made sure that all the doors were sealed shut. "Oh my! We're doomed! Doomed, I tell you!"

Akira stared at the Dark Lord. Then she put away her lightsaber, and looked down. "Well... I just wanna know... why you want your daughter so much. Everyone risked their lives to bring her away from you."

She slowly looked up into his eyes. "I also heard that you dueled my Master. At first, I wanted to defeat you myself... but then, your daughter might've gotten angry, and plan revenge on me one day."

The young woman sighed. "I just want to help bring you back to the Light Side again. Everything that Lumiya told you was a lie. I should know..."

Jacen stood and looked at Akira as she started to explain herself to him. He can sense that she was strong in the force…

“She is MY daughter, and I have the right to be with her!” he said angrily “perhaps what Lumiya told me was a lie, but that which you’ve said is a bigger lie.” He replied rejecting her offer, “if that’s all, step away for you offered nothing that I may benefit from.”

D.J turned to Jak. Akira was taking an abnormally long time.

"Look. Go find Solo. Quickly now. I have a really bad feeling about this."

D.J walked down the way that she took off on. Quickly recovering from another headache. D.J took his lightsaber in his hand. He had a very bad feeling. Something happened with Akira. He quickly eventually found her

"Akira. What happened?" He called to her. He noticed that there was another figure who was just speaking to her. D.J didn't recognise him however. Something about him gave D.J a slight chill. He kept his finger on his ignition switch.

"Who's your friend?" He called out

Archived