Home

Star Wars NJO: Rise of Darth Caedus

Akira began to sweat. "Gahh! No need to get angry! I'm sorry!"

Deep in her mind, she didn't want Caedus to get a hold of his daughter again... but afterall, he was Allana's father. Akira looked down, and sighed. Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice.

"Who's your friend?" It was D.J.

Akira looked back, sweating some more. "Not now, D.J!" She turned back to Caedus, and knelt down on her knees, bowing. She looked at the ground sadly. "I remember a time where I never knew my father. It was so painful. My grandparents never said much about him."

She looked up at Caedus again, with tears in her eyes. "I want to become your..." Akira gulped, closing her eyes and glancing down again. "Your asset."

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Look. Go find Solo. Quickly now. I have a really bad feeling about this."

Jak nodded. He honestly wanted to come along with D.J to help Akira, but finding Solo was a main priority. Besides, Akira could take care of herself. But he greatly sensed the darkside near-by. A sith lord, no doubt...

Jak continued to follow the direction in which Solo was in. He entered the building in which the droids have previously withdrew. The Mandalorian entered what appeared to be a some kind of garage with a workshop. No doubt this could be the place Han was talking about.

Jak quickly counted at least ten or-so droids standing here. They were obviously guarding the turbo door on the wall behind them. They aimed their weapons at him. He pulled out his Double-bladed lightsaber and ignited both beams. He launched himself and performed a butterfly spinning attack, taking out a few of the droids.

He spun his saber to deflect all blaster fire. "There's too many of them..."he grunted, and he jumped up high into the air and landed onto somekind of catwalk attatched to the ceiling. He dodged further fire, and deflected blaster bolts back at the droids. He counted the ones remaining; six left.

"Well that isn't much..." he thought. "I don't know what I'm complaining about!"

He jumped off of the catwalk and defensivly deflected all the blaster fire.

Akira looked back, sweating some more. "Not now, D.J!" She turned back to Caedus, and knelt down on her knees, bowing. She looked at the ground sadly. "I remember a time where I never knew my father. It was so painful. My grandparents never said much about him."

She looked up at Caedus again, with tears in her eyes. "I want to become your..." Akira gulped, closing her eyes and glancing down again. "Your asset."

Jacen gazed at the beautiful jedi knight kneeling in front of him, asking him to be his “asset”. He smiled in his secrets, for it was an advantage to have such a powerful jedi as an ally.

“very well then…” he said, “rise!”

Caedus then took a comlink and gave it to Akira, “to prove your loyalty, go an bring me my daughter from the Falcon; by doing this you will save your “old” friends from destruction…” he explained “if you do this right, you’ll become my apprentice!”

Akira rose, trembling with fear, and took the comlink slowly. What have she done? All that Master Skywalker taught her... and she do this? Tears fell from her bright brown eyes.

"As you wish... Master." Akira bowed her head. She gulped again. Then she turned around, and walked pass D.J sadly. "C-Come on, D.J. Let's go..." Akira began to run from Caedus, and towards the Falcon. If she gave Allana back to her father and served him... she'd save all her friends from the Dark Lord.

She also knew that she would be called "traitor", but it was for the best to save the others. Akira continued to run towards the Falcon... "This is so gonna look bad on my record..." Akira thought.

The planet of Nar Shaddaa had erupted into chaos after the announcement about Han Solo's bounty, but it was gonna get worse as the Hades dropped out of hyperspace

"Let's make this fast!' ordered Aito, "activate stealth systems, full power to the engines"

"Roger" confirmed Vergo, pressing some buttons on a nearby panel

"The Holonet confirms the report that Han Solo has been captured by Nobo the Hutt" responded Ingrid from an adjacent seat, "Why did that slug announced his presence?"

"Maybe the Jedi that are traveling with Solo are after Nobo, so he thought of a little scheme to buy some time for his escape" guessed Vergo

"But we have to extract Solo, no matter what. The plan is this: I go after Solo, you two look for the Millenium Falcon and make sure it stays put, along with the package"

"If they try to escape without Solo?"

"They won't , at least Leia Organa won't. But if it does, pin them down with ion fire, do not destroy-"

"Sorry to interrupt" said Ingrid, "but the scanners are picking up some Galactic Alliance vessel, registered to Jacen Solo"

"Why did our employer come here? Don't tell me to retrieve the package himself, then hiring us wouldn't make sense!" said Vergo, puzzled

"No matter, stick to the plan, I'll see what this is all about"

"Nice redecorating, feels a little more shady now" said Han in a calm tone

"Be quiet Solo" said a trandoshan with dark green scaly skin, "lorda Nob had to remake the place so it would suit his business"

The 'remodeling consisted of making the ex-garage into 6 separate rooms, the last being Nobo's personal quarters: where Han was taken. The other rooms were divided into barrack and one land speeder mini garage, that had a secret passage to the outside, known only by Nobo. The bunker was only accessible by the elevator Han had descended on, and where half of the guards were stationed.

"Nobody enters this bunker, shoot at first sight. If the men upstairs had no luck capturing those Jeedai, we stand less of a chance" commanded Tobias to the remaining guards. "All remaining refender droids are to protect lorda Nobo and guard Han Solo"

A couple of faint explosions could be heard coming from the upper floor. "How many people have you got up there? A whole platoon?"

"No Solo, we got the whole of Nar Shaddaa at our disposal" responded Tobias to the prisioner, "your jeedai don't stand a chance"

((I want to make Akira's character more funny, if that's all right. :D ))

Akira ran as fast as she could from all the chaos that was happening in the town of Nar Shadda. She didn't know if D.J was following, but Akira hoped that he'd be all right. Especially Jak and the others.

She Force jumped onto of a top building, and sat there, focusing.

"Okay, if I go get Allana, and bring her back to her father, then things will be normal again... if Jacen leaves my friends alone. And what about me? Umm... I don't know. Okay! Let's do this kriffin' work for my "Master", shall we?!"

She jumped on another building to get towards the Falcon. Then she sighed. "I really gotta stop talking to myself..."

((I don't see why you shouldn't :) ))

Jak destroyed all the security droids on the ground floor using a Fast-spinning kata and decapitating the heads. They were now rendered metal scrap.

Jak slid his Lightsaber back into his sheath, and walked towards the turbolift. He stopped half-way when he felt Akira's emotions and actions through the force. Betrayal.

"Oh, no... Why Akira?" Jak muttered. But there was another time to dwell over Akira's actions. Hopefully he will be able to catch Akira in time after he has rescued Solo. But there was obviously not much time. He entered the Turbo Lift.

Jak sensed in level below three thugs guarding the Turbo Lift door. "Its time to act stealthy" he thought. Jak climbed up the wall of the elevator and clung himself to the ceiling like a Spider. "Just like in those Holovids..."

As the Turbo Lift made a halt, and the door slid open, it took the guards a few seconds to realise no one appeared to be in the chamber. "Huh?" Jak heard one of the thugs say.

Jak spotted a thug enter the Turbo Lift, looked around at his sides. Then soon the two other thugs entered. Right where he wanted them... "That's strange... there's nobody here--"

Jak jumped down onto the floor of the elevator, and pulled out his saber. He smiled...

"Hello!" he greeted, as he ignited both ends of his Lightsaber and swiped all the thugs down at once. He stepped out of the Turbolift and the doors closed behind him.

D.J felt like stairing into space for a few seconds. But then Akira past him by.

"... Akira?" D.J didn't feel like following her. Something was not right with Akira. She seemed to be thinking in absolutes and not regularly.

D.J walked up to the person she was speaking to. D.J obviously knew he had something associated with the darkside. He faced enough sabers to know that.

"Let me guess. Akira brings you the kid, you kill her then run off into space. Clever plan if I must say so." D.J had to admit. Manipulating someone to do your dirty work was a clever plan

Jacen watched Akira leaving in a hurry to finish her first assignment as his apprentice. “a powerful apprentice” he thought. But then a Selkath Jedi, whose doubt is even more disturbed than that of Akira.

“Not so clever since a Slekath managed to discover it huh!” he mocked the jedi’s conclusion, “not bad however, except for the part where I will kill Akira, you have to admit that it just doesn’t make any sense.”

Caedus stood before D.J waiting for him to react.

((Anybody noticed when Akira said "Master" like that? What is she thinking? We'll soon see ... :naughty: ))

When Akira reached the Falcon, she felt a familiar presence in the Force... as if they were ashamed of her. Jak. Her best friend. Akira looked down as saddened tears fell from her eyes.

"I'm sorry, old friend... but this is the only way to save you guys..." she thought to herself. Then she wiped her tears, and walked towards the ship. Akira noticed that the doors were locked shut. But nothing like the Force would help open it.

Akira used the Force to open the sealed entrance of the Falcon. When the ramp came down, Akira ran in, and got to where the gaming table was. Sure enough, she saw little Allana, bored.

The young Jedi Knight smiled. "Hey, Allana? Let's go to the cockpit. I wanna show ya something." She looked up at Leia. "It'll only be for a minute." She saw Leia nodded. But deep inside, something didn't feel right.

Akira and Allana went out of the room, and outside, closing the door behind them. Allana looked worried. "Akira? I thought you said that we were going to the cockpit?"

"Hold on to me," Akira replied, not answering the litte girl's question. When Akira wrapped Allana in her arms tightly, both were jumping in the air, going back towards Caedus.

Something about Caedus disturbed D.J slightly. Something about his force Aura told him to back off slightly.

"Yes but you know the fact that Akira is not corrupted. She is just misunderstood. Oh sure you could just turn her to the darkside with some knowledge but wouldn't it be easier to corrupt your daughter and train her? That would be an easy way to gain a strong apprentice. One who is bound not to kill her master. D.J heard of something happening with a Sith Lord of old.

"But anyway I don't have time to argue or fight with a sith lord. I have to stop her." He said slowly turning around. He ran back in the direction of the Milennium Falcon.

D.J eventually made it to the Falcon just as Akira was about to jump in the air.

"Akira stop." He yelled out to catch their attention. "Your doing the exact opposite of what you were supposed to do."

When Akira got on top of the roof by the Falcon, and was about to Force jump again, she heard a familiar voice, telling her to stop.

"Your doing the exact opposite of what you were supposed to do."

It was D.J. She shook her head, and sadly looked at the Selkath. "Look, D.J... I'm doing this to save you guys! If I give Allana back to her father, Caedus will call off the attacks on us! Please, you gotta understand!"

Tears fell from her bright brown eyes. She was afraid of what might happen to the others as well as herself. But her friends were more important to her than her own life.

Akira waited on D.J's response.

Allana stood by Akira's side, looking at the Selkath, then looking up at Akira, who was crying. She was beginning to be afraid herself.

"Äkira you don't understand. I can understand what Caedus is going to do. You can never trust a sith lord. Once he is going to get his daughter he will take the rest of the galaxy on. You will kill more people then you are trying to save."

D.J didn't want to say the next amount of info

"I know your a little misunderstood right now. But Caedus is going to abuse that and attempt to turn you to the darkside. Akira if you give Allana back to Caedus right now you will single handedly doom the rest of the galaxy."

Akira stared at D.J. Maybe he was right. Her mind was full of things. Sometimes she was confused. When she was a little girl, she was confused at everything. Her parents... her friends... even towards the Jedi. But if her confusion caused the lives of the Galaxy... she'd doom it.

The young woman sighed. It was time to end that confusion in her head.

Akira jumped down from the roof, holding on to Allana. She placed the little girl by the Selkath's side. "Take her back in the ship." She turned around slowly, tears covering her cheeks.

"I... gotta go rescue Jak." After that, she left. But in her heart, she wanted to go back and face Caedus... alone. The young woman began to set up a plan on how to end Caedus... once and for all.

After her Force jump on every building, she landed on the ground. She turned and looked at Caedus. Then she bowed before him. "Master? I couldn't get your daughter because... I have another plan."

Getting to Nobo the Hutt's 'garage' was a little troublesome, but nothing the experienced bounty hunter could not handle. Some mercs had actually made it far into Nobo's territory, only to be blasted by him. the place was a mess, with burned speeders here and there, plus dead bodies and what looked like droid parts; but this these droids had been cut... by a lightsaber.

So the rescue squad is on the move, eh? I hoped for a fast extraction, but I guess it would take more time than expected

As he surveyed the area for more hostiles, he hid into a corner and adjusted his blaster and suit offensive weapons, "no blaster against jedi, got to get the 'Force' thing into account; done"

He brought with him a small kit that contained a special battery that would allow him to use the 'capture field' attachment of his armor, which consisted in electric bolts that numbed the target's nervous system; it was guaranteed to work on any species. Along with those weapons he brought his mandalorian sword, mixed with cortosis just to be careful. As he double checked his weapons and armor, he decided that the time was now, and ventured inside the building...

Jak scavenged the bodies to find extra ammunition power cells for his blaster pistols and a few grenades. They sure would come in handy, as he sensed many hostilies waiting for him in the six sepperate rooms. The Sixth room, of coarse, was where Solo was being held captive.

Jak put his Lightsaber back into its sheath and he held out both of his Mandalorian Blasters. He leaned against the wall, and pressed the button opening the door to the next room.

"You just had to get yourself into this mess, didn't you Solo? Dammit!"

He pulled out a grenade threw it into the room. A loud bang was made a few seconds later, as well as some mixed screams and blaster fire. Jak entered the room and rapidly fired his pistols at the armed thugs. He hid behind a stack of cargo boxes to avoid enemy fire.

"Why is it always me who gets the dirty work?" Jak muttered.

Caedus sensed his daughter closing in, but later he felt the disturbance in Akira’s mind… “that Selkath had convinced her to betray me…” he murmured in anger. He stormed to the place of Allana, guided by the force. And once there, he found the D.J holding Allana preparing to take her back to the Falcon with him.

“Allana!” a soft shrug escaped his throat as he gazed at his only daughter. Yet his soft emotion transformed quickly into a raging storm of anger…

“leave her!” he ordered resolutely…”you are completely ignorant of what may befell the galaxy if my plans failed…leave her at once!”

D.J quickly pointed to the Falcon. Allana walked up the service ramp.

"Wait what are you talking about. What befalls the galaxy?" D.J was suddenly curious of what Caedus's plan was now that Akira was taken out of the equation. It was nice to know that Akira was easier to turn away then he thought. He was sure that he would need to disarm her lightsaber. D.J quickly put his hand on his lightsaber in his trench coat.

Although Allana walked back up towards the ramp, she glanced back at her father. "Daddy." She held her stuffed tauntaun closely. "Look, Jacen. Daddy came back..."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Akira got up, and ran after Caedus. When she reached the Falcon, she saw him and D.J talking. It looked like D.J was ready to duel the Dark Lord. She gasped.

"Stop! Stop it, please!" Akira glanced at Caedus. "Look, Caedus... I know that you probably think the Galaxy is not in order, but it doesn't have to be this way! If you continue to kill more people... what would your daughter think of you? She'd probably think that you're a monster than her father."

The young woman stared at Caedus in sadness. The little girl also looked at her father, worried and scared.

A huge explosion could be heard coming from the elevator, signaling that thye cavalry had come to the rescue.

"What a flashy entrance, I gotta teach these kids something about sneak attacks or something" muttered Solo

Tobias' radio crackled to life, "hostiles have breached the bunker, four of our men are already down,but we believe it to be a small group, possibly some mercs or bounty hunters, no signs of jeedai"

"Good, exterminate them and secure the perimeter" he told the thug, but change frequency afterwards. "There seems to be a little problem, some guests have a arrived, lets not take chances, so activate the defense mechanism, turn off all the lights and seal all doors"

"You think that's gonna stop 'em?" asked Han

"Possibly, but highly unlikely, when they try to get inside this room, it will be all over for all of us"

Nobo the Hutt laughed at the comment

"I'm detecting multiple life forms outside the Falcon, one of them seems to belong to a small child. Could it be our package?" asked Vergo

"Could be" replied Ingrid, trying to zooming in the screen of a monitor to catch a glimpse of who they were. The Hades had landed on a nearby landing pad, stealth systems activated. "We have a visual, and it doesn't look good"

"That's the Colonel! He must be trying to get Allana, but who are the other two?"

"Could be them Jedi for their looks, but I can't tell for sure. Are they talking?"

"That's odd, I thought the Colonel wasn't very fond of people kidnapping his daughter" joked Vergo "should we intervene?"

"No. Lets see what they're up to. If it looks like Solo is in trouble, then we go guns blazing"

The bunker seemed to last on, as Jak had to shoot his way through five rooms to get to the sixth. Everything was shadowed in darkness as the lights had been purposly turned off to make the task more difficult. But little did Nobo the Hutt knew what feats Jedi had possessed, as Jak had used Force Sight as a form of Night vission.

The process of killing his way to the 6th room, where Solo had obviously been held captive, seemed to be repative, as Jak had to hide behind plasteel cylindars and shoot thugs with his blasters continuously.

He activated his Lightsaber, allowing the radial light to illuminate the darkness (so he can give his limited Force Powers a break). The door before was locked tight, and most likely out of his league in terms of breaking its security. But that wasn't to stop him from breaking through.

He stabbed his saber through the solid metal door...

Allana couldn't wait any longer. And so, she ran towards her father and hugged him. "Daddy, Daddy, I've missed you so much!" she said in her little sweet tone.

She held Jacen, the stuffed tauntaun, high in the air, so Caedus could see him. "Jacen missed you too!" She smiled brightly.

Akira watched as Caedus's daughter ran to him with open arms. It was a real blessing to see a child with her father again... even through hard times. She wished that her father was here too...

The young woman walked over by D.J, and stared at Allana and Caedus in awe. "I don't know, D.J... they look so... happy together. I wish I had a father like that."

She shook her head smiling, trying to hide the tears. "What can we do?" Akira was torn between her duties to protect Allana from Caedus to giving Allana back to a lonely father.

Caedus stood before the two jedi knights preparing for a sudden battle. Few moments later, his daughter Allana ran toward her father and embraced him…

"Daddy, Daddy, I've missed you so much!"

She said, and that drove the Dark Lord of the Sith to embrace her back, as silver fell from his eyes…

“I missed you too baby..” he whispered.

But then the soft emotions dwelt in his very soul few seconds ago turned into raging anger. He let go of his daughter and stood between her and the jedi, and then he activated his lightsaber,

“YOU WILL NOT TAKE HER FROM ME!” he screamed

The building had been the place for a big battle between thugs, droids, bounty hunters and mercenaries. Scraps of metal and bodies lay everywhere.

At least I can go faster without any incidents thought the only man standing, Aito.

He saw the door for the elevator had been blasted, nothing remained there, the elevator was on the floor below, so the only way to go was to rappel down. Aito clipped himself to one of the elevator lines and jumped down, slowing himself from time to time, until he reached the roof of the cart. He took out a small fusion cutter and began to cut an entrance, he could hear the blaster fire coming from beyond.

"Looks like its busy here too!" he said with a small chuckle

When he finished cutting, he stepped hard on the make shift entrance he had made and descended to the floor below; noticing the darkness around him he switched his helmet's visual feed to infrared, and looked at all the bodies around him, some of them still warm. After following the trail of bodies, he saw something red hot cutting something that look like a door.

"Jedi" he muttered, and turned off his infrared vision and instead used the headlamps on his helmet. "Don't move!" Aito shouted, aiming his left gauntlet which contained the capture field to his prey's back, "drop your sword slowly jedi and I may take you alive"

The metal door started to change colors, from a cool gray to a smoldering hot red; the jeedai was making his was inside.

"Hey pals, how about you surrender now and I talk to my Jedi friends into arresting you instead of killing you?" asked Han to his captors with a calm smile

"Sorry Solo, but none of us is going to get out of here alive" remarked Tobias, showing that he had a detonator in his hands, which he handed to Nobo; "there are explosives planted on this building foundations, so when somebody presses that detonator, its over"

"Looks like the Colonel is in a pinch!" said Vergo after he saw Jacen activate his lightsaber on the monitor screen, "do we go now?"

Ingrid tried to calculate the odds of Solo, who seemed like one of them 'Sith' she had heard about, "yes; let Iuka take control of the turrets to distract the Jedi, meanwhile you position us above the colonel and I throw in a retrieval line from the barding ramp and bring him and the package on board, let's go!"

As D.J's hand moved to his lightsaber one thought ran through his head. It was to late to do anything. Caedus was completely possessed by his anger. He quickly took his lightsaber in his hand and ignited it. He quickly blocked an attack by Caedus.

"Akira go find Jak and come right back." He said pushing her in another direction. D.J knew what sithlords would do. They would purposly do anything to claim victory. He placed his lightsaber in a ready stance. Realising that there were three possible conclusions. Either Caedus would take his daughter and run away, Caedus would eventually slay D.J or Akira would come back with Jak. But he didn't know what was going to happen. D.J continued to keep his lightsaber elevated and waited for Caedus's first anger filled attack

Archived