Home

[K1] Bisexuality

patient_zero

Now, this has probably been requested before. Done before. But wherever it was I can't find it.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to disable the "is male/female?" flags for the Juhani romance (Of course, the same could be done with the Carth or Bastila romances but I imagine those would have more potential conflicts wo work around).

My original reason for asking this was seeing a mod which changed the flag to check for male, but as I gather I wasn't sure whether or not it would still have her work for females, so I didn't get it.

Lazy way (and probably a bit more homosexual than bisexual...)

You could try this saving this file as k_con_ismale.nss

int StartingConditional() {
return FALSE;
}

and this file as k_con_isfemale.nss

return TRUE;
}

Compile both scrips and put them in your override. Then you can play as a male PC but everyone will treat you as a female.

Swap the names of the files for the opposite effect with a female PC.

(Lashowe and Yuthura use different gender check scripts so you won't fool them. :p)

Lazy way (and probably a bit more homosexual than bisexual...)

You could try this saving this file as k_con_ismale.nss

return FALSE;
}

and this file as k_con_isfemale.nss

return TRUE;
}

Compile both scrips and put them in your override. Then you can play as a male PC but everyone will treat you as a female.

Swap the names of the files for the opposite effect with a female PC.

(Lashowe and Yuthura use different gender check scripts so you won't fool them. :p)

What about the two drunk Sith on Manaan?

Would it work if I set both returns to "true", or would that mess something up somewhere along the line?

Some dialogs do a check for one gender and if true do one thing and if NOT TRUE do the other. If both scripts were set to return true, you'd never get the branches that require a false.

Some dialogs do a check for one gender and if true do one thing and if NOT TRUE do the other. If both scripts were set to return true, you'd never get the branches that require a false.

I suspected as much. But I shall use those scripts next time :) It'll be... amusing, to say the least.

It be cool if you could play a guy and romance Carth or a woman and romance Juhani (not Bastila cos she doesnt strike me as bi or gay whereas Juhani seems like a big lesbian lol).

Being gay myself id really enjoy being able to do that.

You already can romance Juhani as a woman. You can only romance Juhani as a woman. You just need to talk to her enough and she will speak about how she cares about you and stuff

Should get this done in TSL and make an option to romance Kreia... :xp:

Good god no. Are you trying to deliberately upset the gays in the audience? :p:D

You already can romance Juhani as a woman. You can only romance Juhani as a woman. You just need to talk to her enough and she will speak about how she cares about you and stuff

In the stock game no one can romance Juhani at least not properly. It was removed.

Kinda sucks.

I meant properly romance like the way a male romances Bastila or a female romances Carth.

• 2 months later...

just use the kotor save game editor.

Nice thread ressurection (2 so far today I deleted the other one), please make note of the last post date before posting in a thread if it is over a month old then please skip it. You may not 'ressurect' a thread unless your new post adds something really significant to the topic. This post is +1 post spam and will be treated as such. No more ok? -RH

No, that would not work ThatEvilDude.

Thats because, once you start a game, your PC is hard-coded into the game and that cannot be changed. I have tried it before, without success!

:confused:

I'm not sure what you mean here. Hard-coded usually refers to something that is contained within the *.exe file of the game, which we can't touch.

This certainly isn't the case with your PC.

Editing your PC is doable, as I've done so in the past. I'm pretty sure the genders are just globals, and wouldn't be hard to fix.

O'Course, it'd be good to get tee-kay's input on this. Hopefully he comes back here.

_EW_

In KotOR, gender checking relies only on the GetGender script function. The k_con_ismale / k_con_isfemale / k_con_flirt / k_con_noflirt are the scripts that used these in dialogs. This makes gender pretty easy to override.

In TSL, there's also a global boolean called 000_PLAYER_GENDER (male=true, female=false) that gets set in the first script of the game. This boolean is used is most dialogs, but there are other scripts that still rely on the GetGender function. Why Obsidian chose to use the boolean, I have no idea. Maybe to perform a quick gender change (301NAR a_setup_cs.ncs?)?

So in TSL, you probably need to override the scripts that call GetGender as well as modify the 000_PLAYER_GENDER.

It be cool if you could play a guy and romance Carth.

I agree. Unfortunately, he says "woman" and "sister" far too much to give the impression that he's talking to any less than... a woman (unless perhaps it could be simply an extension of the name-calling episode?). You don't encounter the same problem with Bastila however, which is why there's a Bastila romance mod and not a Carth one.

Its probably possible to edit the dialogue both the voice and the scripts to change what Carth says from woman or sister to something else...

I mean copying and splicing out Woman and Sister from the VOs isnt hard if you have the correct Voice Editing programs - its just time consuming...

I mean copying and splicing out Woman and Sister from the VOs isnt hard if you have the correct Voice Editing programs - its just time consuming...

Yes. Extremely.

It would take an enormous amount of time to complete, and the rewards would probably not outweigh that. First, you'd have to find each reference, then edit the *.dlg, and then edit each individual sound file.

Then you'd have to do the scripting stuff.

_EW_

In suppose it's still not impossible. It just requires good skills in manipulating implied meaning, and careful use of the resources provided. My suggestion is that "sister" and "woman" could simply be made into a bit of an odd in-joke between the male Revan and Carth. It's fortunate that the flirting and name calling episode occurs (see below), or else such a jibe would seem out of place. I suppose there are a few inappropriate lines of dialogue that Carth uses in his conversations, but I'm sure these could be excluded without much of a problem.

To illustrate what I'm suggesting; when flirting with the female Revan [

conversation can occur:

Carth: Yes, what's on your mind?

Revan: Is this a good time to ask you some more questions?

Carth: I'm all ears, beautiful.

Revan: I like the sound of that.

Carth: Which? The fact that I'm all ears or the beautiful part?

Revan: Carth, are you flirting with me?

Carth: Not really. Just a habit. You have something you'd rather I call you by?

Revan: How about "gorgeous"? I like that better.

Carth: I might consider it but what are you going to call me in exchange?

Revan: How about "sexist worm"?

Carth: Is that it? You can do better than that!

Revan: Brainless, lice-ridden bantha!

Carth: Ouch, heh heh heh, that *is* better. Well, I bet beautiful doesn't sound so bad in comparison now, does it?

Revan: Ha ha! You are such a pain, you know that?

Carth: Guilty as charged. I bet you still have those questions in mind, though. Are they really neccessary?

etc.

For the male PC, this conversation could instead take place (before any other flirting convos, of course) with only Revan's lines changed:

Carth: Yes, what's on your mind?

Revan: Is this a good time to ask you some more questions?

Carth: I'm all ears, beautiful.

Revan: I'm surprised by that, Carth.

Carth: Which? The fact that I'm all ears or the beautiful part?

Revan: Are you flirting with me?

Carth: Not really. Just a habit. You have something you'd rather I call you by?

Revan: How about "woman" or "sister", since you insist on calling me "beautiful"?

Carth: I might consider it, but what are you going to call me in exchange?

Revan: How about "sexually confused"?

Carth: Is that it? You can do better than that!

Revan: Carth, you have all the sexual sophistication of a Hutt on spice.

Carth: Ouch, heh heh heh, that *is* better. Well, I bet beautiful doesn't sound so bad in comparison now, does it?

Revan: Yeah, well I guess I'm glad you noticed... you're not going to call me "woman" from now on are you?

Carth: Guilty as charged. I bet you still have those questions in mind, though. Are they really neccessary?

Revan: Heh, yeah they are. Just keep the female references to a minimum, okay?

And so on and so forth.

Thanks! Still, a few Carth-at-male-Revan lines would have to be thrown in to remind us that our player *is* still male. :p

You know, I'd actually be willing to do this. I just don't have the time or the skills right now - give me a couple of months and I'll be onto it.

Archived