Home

[WIP] New Mandalorian Battle Armor for K1

Darth Payne

Thanks for the tip Quanon, i'll keep that in mind.

Anyway, LordRevan999 recently sent me the screenshots of the Yellow skin for the armor.

They will be added to the first post as soon as i can.

Edit: This mod has been handed over to LordRevan999. Hopefully i will regain my full interest in the Kotor games when some of the mods being worked on are released.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for asking this very late.If you see the yellow mandalorian pic's on the first message you can see the difference.In one pic its yellowish and in other more to greenish.I checked the tga of yellow mandalorian armor and I confirm it is the yellow pic which is the original but the problem is in game at certain place (maybe due to light) the color of the armor changes.Can anyone tell me what is the problem and how can I fix it.

Second,I need a scripter who can make a new chest or dead body or even use a locker or mandalorian dead body in the dantooine cave.I need the scripter to put any item in the thing which he/she uses so that I can use my own file of item(armors) in the chest,locker or dead body.If is willing to help me he/she should pm me.Please help me I need to finish this mod.

So which placeables are unique only for dantooine?

EDIT:Just found one.I opened the placeable and clicked on inventory button a Inventory editor shows up.Now the problem I am getting is to place the custom made uti's.I opened the Custom Items tab.But it is empty does anyone know how can I make my uti files appear there.

Well, I don't know how to make your UTI's appear there, but I do know how to add custom UTI's another, non-script, way.

If you drag an item into the inventory of the Placeable, you can then edit the resref of it. If you change the ResRef to your item, click away, and it holds, then the game will search for that ResRef to place the item in there.

Hope that helps!

On the crystal cave, the way corpses work may be of interest. I learnt this while doing the first version of Azgath's Tomb, but it's not come up before now.

As far as I am aware, there are only a very few corpse placeables- the chewed Twi'lek and human, and the dessicated half a body, if I recall.

What is generally used is a corpse for a character that is 'unconscious', and an invisible placeable for the inventory, IIRC.

It worked thanks forevernight now just few checks and I will upload the mod.Btw I was thinking of placing a datapad too which I will edit and make some info about where the corpse got the armor.But how can I make a custom datapad?

And Darth InSidious I used the invisible placeable in the crystal cave before you told me and it worked and i am using it in mod but I need to know if the placeable is unique or not.

Oh yes, the FindRefs utility, that thing is so handy!

A way you can avoid the problems with the unique Placeables, is to pack it all into a MOD file... but I know a lot of people have problems with that, don't know why...

If you need Stoffe's ERF/RIM/MOD/SAV/HAK Packer/Unpacker utility, click Here. Scroll down to General Modding Tools, and it is the ERF Editor. Hope that helps!

Also, for a custom datapad, just do it like you would any other custom item. Chose baseitem as a Datapad and then edit the description so it says what you want it to say.

True. Though I think just packaging it as a MOD works better... but that's just me.

Works better? They both work the same.

But editing mod files can cause problems later if the end user doesn't make backups and then they go to uninstall your mod.

Even if you _do_ use stoffe's patcher. Although it's possible she has it set up to make a backup? Not sure.

_EW_

I like the idea and I will think on it but I am currently having a problem.I use a custom datapad named g_i_datapad002.uti.Please tell me what I did was right or wrong when I edited the uti.Here is what I did I changed the template resref to g_i_datapad002 and I changed Tag to G_I_DATAPAD002.Now the only thing I was confused about model variation do I have to change it to 2 as I did.And I added it in placeable and save and when I opened the placeable in game there was no datapad but other things where there.Then I checked the placeable with Kotor Tool and I found the datapad reref was in the inventory of the placeable.I then even tired using the original game datapad uti but it didn't appear in game too.Please can someone tell me what is the problem and before any one says try scripting I will tell you I don't know how to do it no matter what I do.And due to constant internet connection problems I might not be available for few days.

Well, not sure why your stock datapad isn't showing up, but you do not have to change the modelvar of your custom datapad. That's one.

Did you save the placeable in override? And did you make sure that you didn't enter that module ever before? That's two and three.

Try those and then we'll see if we can't get it working :D

_EW_

I didn't tried the ever before visiting module part before will do now but why do I have to do it?(Asking for knowledge sake).

EDIT:It worked but now there is another problem when I get the items from the placeable the datapad goes into the inventory but it doesn't pop up a screen which show what is written in it.

Archived