Home

The Secret Apprentice, Redeemed?

starwarz24

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think we can call it that, we virtually know nothing about him, his past or anything like that. I like all these features of the game that give it an rpg feel to it.

Me too.

A redeemed SA was to be expected, IMO. A lot of games do it nowadays, giving the player the choice to be the good or the bad guy. And this is Star Wars, of course. :)

How much would a game appeal if the character you play as was a heartless ****? I think a few people would be put off by it.

I wouldn't mind. It'd be something different from the usual nice guys. :) Besides, if you've played KotOR or TSL, you know you can do just that: be completely heartless.

You guys bring up Knights and you guys bring up Jedi Academy, Grand Theft Auto, I feel those games give you a choice. You can be as bad or what not as you want to be. A game where you had to kill Jedi children to proceed, for example, there was no option to avoid doing so. This is just me but I don't think that'd be cool and I think a number of other people wouldn't like the idea either.

Cool your jets okay. Listen, shhh, listen. I looked up Tie Fighter and as the name indicates you serve as an Imperial pilot against Rebel terrorists. The game does have you fighting the good guys, sure. They're also a military force. Nowhere in my research into the game was there a part where you had to bomb a civilian colony or eliminate every man woman and child in a settlement. People might be craving this sort of game, but I think people would be turned off the game if they learnt that you had to commit such acts to play through.

I believe that having a redeemable protagonist in TFU would be a good idea to the plot

DAWUSS: The reason most SW games have LS cannons is because the majority of fans like to play the LS cannon more then the DS cannon since they project their own mortality on their characters and do not choose the DS ending as much as the LS.

I believe that having a redeemable protagonist in TFU would be a good idea to the plot

DAWUSS: The reason most SW games have LS cannons is because the majority of fans like to play the LS cannon more then the DS cannon since they project their own mortality on their characters and do not choose the DS ending as much as the LS.

So you mean its LS ending Canon for that Anakin game?

Well, I think its good to be bad sometime, but thats just me.

On the Tie Fighter game: There is actually some choice you can make in the story I think. You get to choose to work on the special objectives from the Emperor's Secret Service, and get to be the Emperor's Hand/Eye/Spleen/etc

No relevence you say? You want to say Tie Fighter has you evil because of what who you work for does. In America Army, in Kuma War, who you fight for do evil. Depending on your point of view, invading Iraq, or Abu Ghraib, or Guantamano. In Generals, who you fight for do many evil things, what USA is attacked for, GLA modelled after Al Qaeda. In Red Alert, Soviets do many of the same atrocities as Empire. How is it not relevent?

Archived