Home

Returning Player...Maybe

mael_gorath

I was in this game from the start, dabbled with the whole holocron bit w/no luck, then eventually went to Dathomir and was on my way to being a Jedi that way when they hit it with the CU. I tried to adapt and respec, but at that point wasn't quite as avid as I used to be and took a month off. Came back, and noticed I couldn't kill anything near my level, and anything I could didn't yield XP. At this point I said screw it as so many other people did, and canceled my subscription....I was pretty hacked off that they deleted so many profs, including my favorite, the Ranger prof.

I've since looked at some maps, it appears that instead of having a diverse range of mobs on every planet they've made every planet incremental, basically just like WoW....is that so?

I played Wow for about 6 months, got up to 62 and got mega-bored. I've always missed SWG and just watched the OT this weekend, has me really jonesing to come back, but the more I read the more it seems like they have reaaaallly changed the game. Is it more like WoW nowadays? Worth coming back?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Or should I just wait a year for Bioware's [probable] 2009 release of SW:KOTOR MMO?

I wouldn't wait for Bioware's MMO as it may or may not be KotOR. EA is calling the MMO a new MMO. Lucasarts is denying the KOTOR game. Sooo its not a guarantee. Of course you could wait til at least July or August. Then if they are working on a new SWMMO, they could announce as the lease on the SW IP comes up.

I personally like SWG. Granted it is nowhere near as good as pre-CU. They have added many things to the game that were in pre-cu, and added a few things that weren't available even then. If I were you, I'd do the trial. If you like it with that, then resub. If not, you didn't waste money.

I got the trial last night and played a bit today....I didn't see a single person anywhere on Dantooine (Gorath server).....I remember that place always being pretty bustling. Saw a few afkers, but no one to get help from. My old account is still there, I had to respec, chose Jedi, and am lvl 68. I have 0 credits and 0 friends active. Couldn't even find anyone to help me out.....can't complete missions for money because I don't have a crystal for my lightsaber. So for now, marooned on Dant.

Totally different game, almost feels like an online version of SW:Battlefront.

Anyone know how I could possibly get a crystal for my lightsaber?

The servers are dying for sure.

Also, there are two rumors... One is the one you've stated, Bioware wants to make a KOTOR MMO, and the other is that Bioware is going to take over for SOE in 2009 (when their contract expires).

So....I got the trial, some of my buddies are still around (yay!), but if I subscribe do I get the version I'm playing, i.e. the expansions?

If you subscribe you have to buy the expansions separately online. This is what most people due to avoid having to go to a store and buy them.

(750th post YAHOO!!)

The servers are dying for sure.

Also, there are two rumors... One is the one you've stated, Bioware wants to make a KOTOR MMO, and the other is that Bioware is going to take over for SOE in 2009 (when their contract expires).

There was a recent article on StarWarsKnights.com that Lucas Arts denied the rumors stating that they were working with Bioware to make a Kotor MMO. They did admit to working with Bioware for a future project, but claimed that it had nothing to do with the Knights of the Old Republic series. Not sure how valid that statement is, but we'll see I guess.

Archived