Home

Start Off As A Jedi Mod Questions

My newest mod is on my site at {Snip} Link Removed until Permissions secured and some of you will have Questons.

What does the mod do?

This mod revamps the Endar Spire to fit with the new storyline. It has changed Trask to a jedi and all of his .dlg file. You get to become a class 3 jedi.

Does it conflict with the dantooine jedi training?

It is changed so you do not tell them aboutyour training with Trask and you are trained anyway, that is why you are amazing when it comes to the training. All you get is a saber.

Are there any new items or plots?

Unfortunatly it does not but I will be making a 1.1 update due soon whitch will make the ES into a fleet of ships that you will need to travel in to try and save the republic fleet, you obviously fail and crash on Taris.

Any oher questions will be answered if you reply asking me.

You may have done, darthrevan243, but you've clearly used files that come not from Achilles' Padawan mod, but from Grif Vindh's Roleplay Padawan Mod.

For starters, your mod contains elements taken directly from it, as we can see from the following comparison of the game files for each mod as available from your site (your version), Achilles' site (his version), and StarWarsKnights.com (Grif Vindh's version):

Achilles' Padawan Mod

achilles.jpg

Grif Vindh's Roleplay Padawan Mod

grifvindh-dlg.jpg

darthrevan243's Roleplay Padawan Mod

grifvindh.jpg

As we can see, your mod contains elements from Grif Vindh's mod - even the "Date Modified" dates remain the same - and if we look inside a sample file common to both your's and Grif Vindh's:

Grif Vindh's Roleplay Padawan Mod

grifvindhdlg.jpg

darthrevan243's Padawan Mod

darthrevan243-dlg.jpg

Now, it may be that the dialogue files you did modify were from Achilles' mod, I'll concede- both dlgedit and KotOR Tool refused to open them.

darthrevan243, unfortunately this thread is hereby closed and link removed until permissions are garnered from both other involved parties.

Around here if you wish to release mods that contain any other peoples work/files you need to secure permissions before you release it, if not then we have to close the thread and remove the link until you do.

5. Get permission before using someone elses work

Most modders have no problem with people using some or all of their work for other projects, but some do. As a courtesy to the authors of other mods, please get permission to use their work with your own. This will prevent any hard feelings. Threads that discuss/link to mods that use other mods without permission will be locked and the links to said mods removed.

Once you secure permissions (or totally re-do the mod as your own from scratch) then you are good to go and can have them PM a staff member as well as PM-ing us yourself after they do and ask that we re-open the thread.

Sorry.

Archived