Home

Bastila's Extra Dialog on Tatooine.

Did you ever wonder why Bastila has nothing to say when you find her father's holocron? If you did, I'll have you know that she actually was supposed to say something, but Bioware decided not to put it into the game for some reason (there's a lot of cut content on Tatooine, I understand). Anyway, this simple mod restores a few lines of Bastila's dialog when you find the holocron (the dialog triggers automatically right after you pick it up). It's nothing to get really excited about, but it makes "Bastila's Mother" quest seem more complete.

From the ReadMe:

========================================

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC MODIFICATION

========================================

AUTHOR: SpaceAlex

EMAIL: ~snip~

NAME: Bastila's Extra Dialog on Tatooine

CREDITS: The usual suspects (tk102, Fred Tetra...)

FILENAME: Bastila_Extra_Dialog.zip

FILE SIZE: 8kb zipped, 32kb extracted

DATE RELEASED: April 7, 2008

DESCRIPTION: This small mod restores a few lines of Bastila's dialog on Tatooine when you find her father's holocron. The dialog triggers automatically after you find the holocron.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Move all of the contents in the "Bastila's Extra Dialog on Tatooine" to the KOTOR 1 Override folder. Don't copy the file from the source folder; it is meant for modders.

UNINSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Delete basconvo.ncs, k_swg_helena01.utp, nm18abbast14000_.lip, nm18abbast14002_.lip, and tat18_bastila.dlg from KOTOR I Override folder.

COMPATIBILITY: There shouldn't be any compatibility problems unless you are actually using a mod that modifies the same files as this mod, which is highly unlikely.

BUGS: None that I am aware of.

PERMISSIONS: You have my permission to use this mod in your own if you desire.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Download from FileFront

Hello!

A good find indeed! Congratulations!

May I ask a few questions, please:

1: May I ask if we can implement your work into our K1 Restoration project, please?

2: As an interested modder:

a) did you just find the voice overs and build all the other stuff from scratch?

b) did you have to make your own lipsyncs, and was the notation already implemented in the .dlg file?

c) did you have to do the script also?

d) why is the helena.utp necessary?

Sorry, I don't want to annoy you, but those are questions I am interested in (which I could look up myself, but if the modder is still available... )

Thanks again for your great work!

Take care

1: May I ask if we can implement your work into our K1 Restoration project, please?

Yeah, sure. It says in the Readme that you may use it in your mod if you desire.

2: As an interested modder:

a) did you just find the voice overs and build all the other stuff from scratch?

b) did you have to make your own lipsyncs, and was the notation already implemented in the .dlg file?

c) did you have to do the script also?

d) why is the helena.utp necessary?

a.) The dialog itself is actually in tat_m18aa (The Dune Sea) module, not in the tat_m18ac (Eastern Dune Sea) where it should be. I can only assume that you were initially supposed to find the holocron somewhere in the Dune Sea instead of in the dragon cave. Anyway, the dialog in tat_m18aa is very short, so I've decided to copy a few lines from Bastila's global dialog to make it a bit longer. I also set the journal to update after the conversation is over (that way you don't have to ask her about the holocron ever again).

b.) I had to find lip-sync files that were made for audio files with similar length (I did not believe that making custom lip-syncs would yield better results, though it might actually take less time than finding the appropriate file did :lol: ). It is not perfect, but it is better than no lip-sync at all (almost every time the conversation will fire with Bastila standing quite far away, so it's almost impossible to notice that lip-sync is amiss... hell, I'm not even sure if there's anything wrong with it at all, since I couldn't get Bastila to stand close enough during my testing).

c.) Yeah, the script is custom made.

d.) To fire the script. :D

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sorry if this is bumping, but they might have cut it. But if you talked to Bastilla afterwards, you would have gone through a more thorough chat about it.

If by this you mean that you're getting less dialog with my mod install, that is not so. I simply made her initiate in dialog automatically, and restored a few lines that make sense in that particular scene.

Archived