Home

Ouch...

urluckyday

Just checking out the subscriptions and market share of all of the MMOs...

Just check out how the subscription base of Galaxies goes down...

Check out the statistics here...

Any way to revive it? Time for a new one? Oh well...

Are you surprised? After the way they dropped the NGE on the player base, I'm surprised anyone stayed. Then again, I guess people stay in abusive relationships too.

Considering the game is 6 years old, had a major negative gameplay change, which resulted in a mass exodus and a huge negative ad campaign, and that the game has had pretty well 0 paid advertisement, I think Galaxies is doing pretty good.

Yup, I can agree with this. You can also add no expansions in almost two and a half years with no plans of any future expansions.

in the end i think a lot of it comes down to what you say to people, words travel a long way. If you tell someone SWG is dead or it sucks or you hate it then that person picks up the same additude and tells the same thing to others, if you tell people its fun, dont mention anything about it dieing from pre-nge since that part of the game doesnt matter anymore, and encourage people to play if they are thinking about joining or rejoining then you will see an increase in the number of players, even if 1 person joins a day thats still an addition, help people out who are new, if you ignore them then that makes their gameplay ****ty and makes them look away.

Its a fun game, there's no doubts there, it has content that other games dont have, and it has a great storyline, the deciding factor is what you say and what you do.

They added the Exar-Kun temple which was a great add, if you post positive things, and more people join, whats to stop Sony from adding even more content?

in the end i think a lot of it comes down to what you say to people, words travel a long way. If you tell someone SWG is dead or it sucks or you hate it then that person picks up the same additude and tells the same thing to others, if you tell people its fun, dont mention anything about it dieing from pre-nge since that part of the game doesnt matter anymore, and encourage people to play if they are thinking about joining or rejoining then you will see an increase in the number of players, even if 1 person joins a day thats still an addition, help people out who are new, if you ignore them then that makes their gameplay ****ty and makes them look away.

Its a fun game, there's no doubts there, it has content that other games dont have, and it has a great storyline, the deciding factor is what you say and what you do.

They added the Exar-Kun temple which was a great add, if you post positive things, and more people join, whats to stop Sony from adding even more content?

QFT

I hate it, when people go: "SWG is dead, it's no use playing it, it's a load of ol' crap" but in fact it's not. i've been playing SWG now for what, 365 + days, and i've got 600 + friends on Flurry, and my friend who's an Elder Jedi only has 260 + i mean, my number is ALOT! and testcenter is packed around the character builder guildhall, it's a good game! if u dont like SWG! keep it to yourself

Over and out

Funny thing is it still outperforms most in the same genre. That being Sci-Fi. And considering SWG doesn't release it's sub numbers, You can't really tell how accurate those numbers really are. Plus, a lot has changed since October. Also note that the numbers were trending back up between Sept and Oct.

Archived