Home

Improved Loading Screens

I know what you're all thinking: Nothing for years, and then two in one month? Yeah, well, I guess there must be the right energy in the air. :D

Anyway, this one is a little bit different than Darth InSidious' one in that it replaces practically every loading screen in the game (some with concept art and some with high-res screenshots).

More info in the readme:

==========================================================

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II - The Sith Lords MODIFICATION

==========================================================

AUTHOR: SpaceAlex

EMAIL: (see the readme file)

NAME: TSL Improved Loading Screens

CREDITS: Obsidian Entertainment for Kotor II, Fred Tetra for KOTRO Tool, Stoffe for the TSL Patcher, and Nur Ab Sal for the insparation.

FILENAME: TSL_Improved_Loading_Screens.7z

FILE SIZE: 55 mb zipped, 300 mb extracted

DATE RELEASED: May 25, 2008

DESCRIPTION: This will replace practically every (with the exception of those for the swoop tracks) loading screenshot in the game with concept art and high resolution screenshots (the modules for which I could find no appropriate concept art for) with Anti-Aliasing and anisotropic filtering enabled. Photoshop was used to make the loading screens look sharper and more detailed, which drastically improves their overall quality.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Unzip, run the installer (TSLPatcher.exe), follow the instructions on the screen.

UNINSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Delete loadscreens.2da (if you didn't already have the file in your Override folder before installing this mod) and all of the .tga files that start with "load_".

COMMENTS: This mod was inspired by Nur Ab Sal's Concept Art Loading Screens that was released a while ago. Because that mod is no longer available, I have decided to make a similar mod. However, Darth InSidious beat me to it and released a similar mod before I could finish up my own (yeah, I'm slow modder). Since my mod replaces all

of the loading screenshots, I thought it would be worth releasing; but that's up to you to decide.

BUGS: None that I aware of. It's just a simple loading screen replacement mod, so there shouldn't be any. This mod should also be compatible with TSLRP (since it uses the TSL Patcher) once released.

PERMISSIONS: As long as you give me proper credit, you may do whatever you wish with this mod.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES.

USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Screenshots of most new loading screens can be found here.

Download from KOTOR Files

• 2 months later...

Archived