Home

Useless characters in TSL?

Astor

They're practically useless in my opinion...beaten the game several times without touching one.

I've had to use them a couple times. There are a couple of lockers in Visquis' lair that are really tough to open (the ones in the rooms on either side of the arena), a container or two in the Onderon Palace, and maybe some of the doors on the Ravager. On Difficult, that is. On anything below that, everything is pretty easily handled.

They are largely useless, though, I agree. You can always bash / lightsaber / mine anything you can't handle security-wise, and there are quite a few items that grant signifigant bonuses to Security. Plus the large majority just don't have a very high rating. 5 security is probably enough to open most doors and such (Mira could open all the doors and containers in Visquis' lair with her starting Security skill alone, even the ones listed as "High Security", minus the aforementioned containers).

I've had to use them a couple times. There are a couple of lockers in Visquis' lair that are really tough to open (the ones in the rooms on either side of the arena), a container or two in the Onderon Palace, and maybe some of the doors on the Ravager. On Difficult, that is. On anything below that, everything is pretty easily handled.

They are largely useless, though, I agree. You can always bash / lightsaber / mine anything you can't handle security-wise, and there are quite a few items that grant signifigant bonuses to Security. Plus the large majority just don't have a very high rating. 5 security is probably enough to open most doors and such (Mira could open all the doors and containers in Visquis' lair with her starting Security skill alone, even the ones listed as "High Security", minus the aforementioned containers).

Yeah, I just used mines for those certain containers I couldn't bash.

Security is a useless skill, but it is a godsend for stealthers that want to sneak by and open the lockers without bashing them.

But then TSL makes it so you can use mines. I'm not sure, but does setting mines on locked containers make you noticeable?

But then TSL makes it so you can use mines. I'm not sure, but does setting mines on locked containers make you noticeable?

I don't believe it does.

GO-TO, mostly I can't stand his grating voice and almost every battle I'm in descends into melee combat where a droid with a blaster is useless.

T3-M4, yeah, well, pretty much the same reasons as GO-TO, except he sets off mines too and his conversation is even worse.

HK-47, fun and entertaining, but again, being a melee person, not much use.

Atton, dang if he just doesn't always give me some excuse to want to kill him. Ah, the blessings of Mask of the Betrayer, you can kill your party members.

Who do you think are the most useless companions in TSL?

Atton was too annoying to bother turning.

Disciple was too preachy and annoying. I only used him on the Dxun temple raide.

Bao-Dur was only useful on Telos.

HK-47 was left disassembled 90% of the time.

Go-To was too large and cluncky. Since he was disproportionate, and his excuse to capture the Exile was lame, I usually left him on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

If you ask me, every character in TSL is quite useless. None have a great story behind them and many are too limited.

Just one question: I don't know why everyone seems to hate the Disciple. I don't care much one way or another, but why is that? If it's because he practically gives himself to the Exile, then I would agree. Is there more to it than that?

Anyway... I wouldn't mind having Goto instead of T3 or HK. When his intelligence is pushed up a level, he can be the best of the three droids. The cloak and targeting module alone make him an excellent gun platform.

I use Canderous frequently because he has all those feats at his disposal.

I rarely use Bao, T3, Kreia, Disciple, or Mira(due to a technical problem when she becomes a jedi). I still haven't been able to get Brianna with the female mod... otherwise she would always be used. I tend to favor two jedi-one ranged teams, so I really don't care much who I use... as long as it fits the team.

I agree on Disciple, I didn't have a problem with him. :/

T3 is useful for the begining, but he gets left behind around Telos. It has been said before, but once your characters begin using Force Powers, and inhance their abilities, the droids get left behind. Also, so does Canderous.

HK-47- eh, never really liked him that much. In terms of fighting he is possibly one of my worst.

Bao-Dur- All he says is 'Yes, General?' 70% of the time.

I never really used the droids apart from unleashing T3 on the other droids on Peragus and Nar Shaddaa. I imagine HK's alright in combat if you give him the right feats, but by the time you get him half of the crew have been turned into Jedi. As for G0-T0, I'd only use him as a skills droid. And by the time you get him T3 will probably have all the skills you need. Plus, I normally play a Sentinel, so I never actually -need- either of them.

As much as I like Visas, I don't get why she's a Sentinel. Sentinels, to me, are "skills Jedi"... but Visas has low Int. So she lacks the extra combat feats of a Guardian, the extra Force powers of a Consular, and doesn't take advantage of the extra skill points of a Sentinel. What gives?

And Bao-Dur, another "skills character" (Even though you'd think we only need one "skills character", and in my games it's normally me). Why is he a Guardian? He can't fight his way out of a paper bag!

That said, none of them are -entirely- useless, in that it won't mean certain death if your party has Bao-Dur instead of Mira. Though I'd challenge any normally levelled player to do Dxun with Bao-Dur and the droids (Not that it'd be -impossible-... just frustrating).

Archived