Home

[REQ] HK-48 and HK-49

whatthehell

hey everyone. ive been thinking about this for a while and i figure it would be cool to have two quests where HK-47, the Exile, and Atton would have to go through to recrute HK-48 and HK-49 as puppets for HK-47 and Atton. if this is not possible just let me know, however if it is possible, that would be awsome lol

EDIT: I hope to undertake this (i know im in over my head)

Quest Name: Finding The HKs

Quest Giver:New Selkath on Nar Shadda named Silkien. (Must have HK re-built)

Quest Details:

HK-48 - he looks just like all the other HKs, but he is blue. u find him workin as a protocol droid for Vogga the hut. he has had some memory damage and really thinks hes a protocol droid. the player must access 48's computer interface and do some simple and complicated math problems. after they are solved he becomes HK-47 puppet

HK-49 - normal body, green in color. 49 is found facing a wall on dantooine, posibly where revan and malak ventured in K1. you see him consantly shooting his rifle into the wall and emitting beeping noises. Atton must be in your party, cuz 49 recognizes him after he is repaired. but his desicion making core is messed up and he accedenly attacks. after his health is reduced to 1/3, he malfunctions givin you the opportunity to repair him with a few parts

Journal Entries:

1. You have Spoken to the former high ranking Sith Silkien on Nar Shadda. He says that he knows about the missing HK-series 48 and 49. He says the one has been seen on Nar Shadda. He suggests taking any former Sith that are in your party in case one of them recognizes him.

2. You've seem HK-48 working near Vogga's Chambers. You suspect he may have some memory damage.

3. Upon further inspection, you see that you were right. the HK unit had memory damage and thinks he is a protocol droid. His Vocabulator is broken, but he can still make understandable beeps.

4. You have interfaced with 48's mainframe and repaired it. It says it is only loyal to one droid. The "Original" which of course means HK-47. (48 will only follow if 47 is in the main party)

5. HK-48 is now 47's permanent follower. He also reveils the location of HK-49 is at Dantooine, thanks to locator becons activated only when the "Original" is located.

6. You've arrived at Dantooine and HK-48 said that HK-49 was somewhere nearby. You hear a disturbence coming from the crystal caves. That may be a good place to start.

7. Turns out that HK-49 was damaged as well and has turned hostile to all moving objects. He attacked you on sight and deactived after a hit to his core.

8. After reactivating HK-49 with HK-48's help, he has the same problem as HK-48 with his vocabulator and can only talk with a series of beeps. He says that he "idolizes the Jedi Killer".

9. With Atton in your party, HK-49 has started to follow him and will fight along side him.

10. Congratz. you've found the lost HKs. They will fight till they rust to nothing.

Heres an idea:

Make 49 the puppet to HK-47, and put a follow script on HK-48. "A follow script? What the heck is that???/?" You know that twilek in the military base that you can tell to follow you out of the base? Thats a script. Use that on 48.

Or, you can make 48 a puppet to another character, maybe Bao-Dur.

Heres an idea:

Make 49 the puppet to HK-47, and put a follow script on HK-48. "A follow script? What the heck is that???/?" You know that twilek in the military base that you can tell to follow you out of the base? Thats a script. Use that on 48.

Or, you can make 48 a puppet to another character, maybe Bao-Dur.

You are referring to a "henchman" script. You COULD use one, but it wouldn't allow you to travel into another module with HK-48.

how did they get remote to follow bao-dur? if you find that out just apply it to atton and HK-47. this would be totally cool, especially if you could use them in a fight and equip them with weapons, or modify them via a script ( think kotor one with HK-47) and make them way strong.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I recently bought a bigger platter, so to speak. In other words, I am working on this project ^_^

It will be a joy for me to work on it. So, keep an eye on this thread for some gooey, puppet-y goodness in the form of HK Units.

There will be some added dialog in some of the other characters. Such as:

Atton

HK-47

Disciple

I plan on making a patch after I release this mod to include Mandalore on the list. I will make the patch either after:

1) I figure out how to unlock the cut dialogs that reveal that

Mandalore=Canderous

2) After TSLRP is released, I will then use my laziness skills to use the dialog they unlocked and add some dialog about the new HK's.

are you going to be following what i have in the first post or change things around?

I might have to change some things around. Some things I know at this stage that I will be changing around:

after his health is reduced to 1/3,

That won't be true. I will be using the Talk-Fight-Talk sequence, and some other scripts. In other words, there will be a utc for the fight, who has the no permanent death box checked. Then, after he gets to a certain point of damage, then he'll commence dialog with me, and I'll use other scripts and another utc will replace him, one that has full health. So there won't be a chance of repairing him before recruiting him, unless I find a way for me to do it (I'm sure I can find a use item script :xp:)

you see him consantly shooting his rifle into the wall

No. Just plain, no :xp:

I will also be throwing out the idea for the tenth entry, and replace it with something else. Not sure at this point though.

Archived