Home

How do I get rid of this?

Aash Li

I knew at one time how to get this back to normal... but I havent had to deal with it in such a long time, I have forgotten.

windowslogonid1.jpg

and I have this when I use ctrl alt del...

ctrlaltdeletebp9.gif

Ignore the arrow, I got the images off google-image. heh

Right click on your desktop -> Properties -> Screen Saver -> Uncheck "On resume, password protect"

OR (if not a screensaver causing it)

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.

2. Click the Advanced tab.

3. In the "Secure logon" section, select or clear the "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" check box.

:)

;;o.o

None of that is checked on...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

picture.php?albumid=149&pictureid=1087

Looks like it's the hardway then. If you're not comfortable with registry editing.. turn away now ;)

1. Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)

2. Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

3. Double click on DisableCAD (create of type REG_DWORD if it does not exist)

4. Set to 1 if you don't want to have to press Ctrl-Alt-Del, and set to 0 if you do. Click OK

5. Close the registry editor

6. Reboot the machine

ctrlaltdelus0.jpg

Thats what is supposed to come up... or it did before I reinstalled windows... now I get that other window that I have to click the button on. >.< Same with exe's, I get a stupid window asking me if I want to run the damn thing.

Its like they are trying to sneak Vistaids into my computer with SP2 updates...

According to Wikikpedia link:

If Windows XP is not connected to a domain...

* and the Welcome Screen and fast user switching are turned on, Ctrl-Alt-Del directly invokes the Task Manager.

* and the Welcome Screen and fast user switching are turned off, Ctrl-Alt-Del will open the Windows Security Dialog, as described above.

So you must have Fast User Switching turned off now.

To enable source

Enable or Disable Fast User Switching

Note: To enable Fast User Switching, you must also enable the Use the Welcome screen option. This feature cannot be used if your computer is a member of a domain. To enable Fast User Switching:

1. Log on to the computer as an administrator.

2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.

3. Click Change the way users log on or off.

4. If it is not already selected, click to select the Use the Welcome screen check box.

NOTE: The Use Fast User Switching check box is unavailable until you click to select the Use the Welcome screen check box.

5. Click to select the Use Fast User Switching check box, and then click Apply Options. Quit the User Accounts tool.

Archived