Home

MI1 Scummbar in 3D

Hey there, I'm new on this forum, and I thought this might interest you guys. I'm mostly busy modding games and such, but I'm also a Monkey Island fan, recently I've been busy with mapping for Source games, so one idea I had was to completely recreate the Scummbar from Monkey Island 1 for a Half Life 2 mod called Pirates, Vikings and Knights II.

Here's what it looks like:

106445.jpg

full1-3.gif

106446.jpg

full1-7.gif

106447.jpg

full1-8.gif

The map for pvkII itself can be found here:

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/49392

And I also have plans to make Le Chuck's fortress

Wow, you've done a really good job of that. It certainly puts the few renditions I've seen in the past to shame, although they were all based on HL1. :D

It'd be even more superb if you recreated part of the outside of the bar. Not the whole town/island obviously, but it'd be nice to be able to go out onto the dock and a little way up the street (which you could block with something or other — traffic cones?).

Thanks for the comments. :D

I tried to make it as accurate as possible to MI1, both inside and outside, take for example the three holes in the wall and the blood on the kitchen table. Although you can only walk inside, you can look out of the door and windows and see the town.

The hard part though, was to make the blind side of MI1, obviously you only see one side of the bar in the original game, in my recreation I put a wall there with a few windows here and there.

To actually play the map btw, you need something that comes with Half Life 2 and a few other games too, Source SDK base, which you can download on Steam, and then you need to download the mod Pirates, Vikings and Knights II

http://www.pvkii.com/

At least you actually attempted to do something that fit in with the original rendition of the Scumm Bar and its outside area, rather than doing an Escape from Monkey Island. ¬¬

If you ever decide to do something MI-themed for Team Fortress 2, let me know (will need to be relatively big though). I'm sure I can get it put up one one of the Wireplay servers and we can give it a go, just like the old days when we played that old Melee Island HLDM map. :D

Well, like I said in the first post, I have plans to make Le Chuck's fortess from MI2, I'll be making that for PVKII, but maybe I could make a port to other Source games too.

At the moment this is my only MI themed map, but I've made several other pirate themed maps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived