Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part V: The Threefold War

Alkonium

Something caught Durrel's mind, "Wait. You said that the Dark Realm must defeat the Champions of the other realms. What champions are these? Perhaps we can get this to work for us."

Kajumo nodded an agreement, but he knew that this would go much deeper than just Champions and combat. They were dealing with something much darker and fouler than any Sith Lord...or even the Dark side of the force for that matter.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I don't know," Jun-la honestly replied, "The last tournament held called for Light of Courage and a Jedi of this realm. Of Miako I have no clue."

"Maybe they are chosen by the Force?" Matton offered suprising Jun-la. Not that he believed in the whole thing but he wanted to show that he was willing to help no matter how crazy it was.

"I don't know. The first time that this realm interferred on Miako was 4000 years ago. Before that, nothing," Jun-la replied, "However this rule of three that has occurred seems to have connected itself. Since the Blood King is directly from that realm and created the first Sith...that is possibly the connection. The other two swear allegiance and gain power so it draws the two realms together." Jun-la was aware that she was rambling now but it started to come together. She just needed to think and started off towards the middle of the Shreyite Enclave lost in thought.

Tulre watched his sister go. She always was one to figure through logic and it was best to let her follow through. To appease Andorra he said, "Why don't you come with me and explain what exactly happened when your mother was taken?" He looked at Tonatius and gave a slight nod.

Tonatius understood and said, "I think we should come away for now. Too many thoughts at once will bring us no closer to a solution."

Durrel nodded and motioned for Kajumo to follow him outside the Enclave. The two Mandalorians walked out to the entrance and stood, thinking on the next battle.

"Kajumo, what do you make of this?"

The Knight thought for a moment, "Well, Captain, I think we've involved ourselves in a much deeper plot of events. We're dealing with something that will involve all of our efforts...but to what effect? That, I don't know."

Durrel nodded, "Well, I imagine that this Jedi and her friends may make good allies if we continue with this."

"Indeed, Captain, indeed. Have we recieved word from Mand'alor?"

Durrel checked the comm channels, "Yes, apparently Admiral Barek has been contacted, we'll have more men soon, much more."

Something came to Kajumo's mind, "These 'champions' they speak of, I think they may have a few in their midst. Just a feeling though."

Durrel looked up at the Star Destroyer lingering in the sky.

"Kajumo, tell Krek to get a defensive perimeter set up around this Enclave. It's easily defended it would seem, but I think we'll be dealing with an invasion force soon. Be quick."

The Mandalorian knight nodded and sprinted to Krek's position.

Durrel turned back toward the Enclave to see if the Jedi may be able to spread some strategic light on the situation.

"I seriously don't know. I went to sleep, and I woke up to Kalla shaking me and telling me that my mother had been kidnapped. That, and I found this portable transmitter in my pocket. I didn't tell anyone about it, but it contained a message from Darth Virul instructing me on how to send him all of Avalon's tactical data. Fortunately, I never got the chance to use it." Andorra explained. She still didn't like to talk about it, especially when she admitted to having it. She had even feared her relationship with Kalla was over.

"It's just a coincidence, really. There couldn't possibly be a connection." Kalla told her brother.

"Yes, of course." Komad replied, stepping through the door, still cautiously holding his lightsabers.

Tulre took the transmitter and examined it. He then deftly removed a wire from it and handed it back saying, "This will prevent other parties from activating it. It is two way accessible." He then motioned her to follow and he continued, "Your relationship is not over. We all have seen and suffered much so she will, actually has forgiven you." HE could see though that Andorra was not convinced and changed the subject, "Perhaps some training in combat will help. IF we come up with a plan, you will need to be prepared."

Andros looked at his sister and replied, "Maybe Kal but Master Starlighter believes in it and I have read in the histories of a Master Starlighter and Master Kenobi leaving sometime during the Clone Wars out towards the Unknown regions, beyond Avalon. Maybe." Andros then shrugged his shoulders, "Perhaps we better go with Tulre. He may have something for us to do while plans are being thought of."

Andros didn't draw his lightsaber but his hand stayed by the blade that Masomoto, the swordsmith crafted for him. It was in likeness to the one that his daughter carried but it was not like it. Still it was a fine weapon for it had brought judgment like Xyadie, his son's blade. It didn't have a name yet but it would be clear when it did have one granted.

Andros walked ahead through the corridors not taken in by how the shrubbery of the forests took over the place. He could feel the Force pulse through as he went through. At a massive pair of doors, he paused to yank them open. As he walked in, he felt something stir within and could hear something whistling through the air. He turned to see Komad in the line of fire and pulled him down and he bent backward to let the weapon pass.

He stood up straight and watched the weapon fly back to its owner who did a twist as he caught it and placed it on his head. The thing was a hat!

The figure stood looking at the group and asked, "By what right have you to enter these halls?"

"We intend to use this facility's defenses to protect this world, as they did in the days of my ancestor Revan." Komad told the figure before him. He wasn't particularly fond of name dropping, but it seemed worth a shot. He was still cautious about the ruins. He had heard tales of ruins like this filled with ancient droids, their programming so deteriorated that they become hostile to anyone or anything, not to mention the indigenous wildlife that manages to creep its way in. Countless scavengers and archaeologists alike met gruesome ends in places like this.

"It seems like a good idea. Do we have any double-bladed swords, by any chance?" Though Andorra abhorred violence, she understood that sometimes, there was no other way, and when the need arose to fight, such a weapon had always appealed to her. "I suppose all of our swords are made from cortosis to offer resistance against lightsabers, right?"

"I was referring to mom's midi-chlorian count being relevant, but yes, we should speak with Tulre." Kalla replied, walking over to where Tulre was speaking to Andorra about her predicament.

Tulre laughed a genuine laugh and replied, "Our swords are made to withstand lightsabers but not of cortosis they are. Well some of the old masters used different materials. My sword Xyadie was made of something different and had withstood lightabers." He led the way to a training area. He studied the array of blades on the wall before selecting one. He took it down and held the sharp blade in his bare palm with the handle extended towards Andorra. He explained, "Since you have a light hand and have not had much practice, this might be good. Has good balance for beginners or nonpractioners."

"Maybe Mom's count is relevant though I think my namesake would know that since he trained Jaden Korr," Andros replied. They had neared where Tulre was holding a sword from the wrong ended at Andorra. Andros stopped and asked, "Kal, what is he doing? Those blades are super sharp."

The man looked at the intruders and said, "You do not need the defenses since defenses are being formed. You have another purpose in mind."

Before Komad could spat off an answer, Andros cut in, "Yes we have. I sense that you are not from here, nor the one who greeted us outside the ruins. By what name do we call you?"

"Another asked me the same question years ago. She was clever in diplomacy," the man replied, "Do you know of her?"

Softly Andros replied, "My mother."

The demeanor of the man changed greatly. He then said, "Then you have come for a different purpose and brought others as well. This is good. I am Ken-Lui of Miako."

"Then might I ask, what is your purpose here?" Komad asked, curious about the seeming guardian of these ruins.

"I think he's intending to give her some level of combat training. She could really use it." Kalla commented.

Andorra took the sword in her hand and almost immediately after, Kalla asked. "Mind if I help?"

"That's not the point Kal," Andros replied, "Avalonian blades are notoriously sharper than Republic standard issue. They are in most cases better than a lightsaber." Then he added just in case his sister didn't understand, "Men have been known to cut their own limbs off from misuse."

Andros then looked as Tulre released his hold on the blade as Andorra took it. He followed his sister to go see if any help would be needed.

Tulre looked at Andorra with a bemused expression as she took the sword from him. He noted how careful she was when she gave a tug on it. It had been clear that she had been taught how sharp the blades are. He said, "You asked for a double but this will give you good balance. You may find that you like this one as it can move faster than a double."

He turned to see Kalla and her brother coming towards them. He listened to Kalla asking if she could help. He knew the feelings between Kalla and Andorra and thought it would be a good idea to teach a lesson. He replied to Kalla, "Yes you may help. We will practice sword techniques so no lightsabers." He turned back towards the swords and selected a long blade for Kalla saying, "Let's see if you can handle this one. It has a long reach so you can get a blow in with minimal energy but can be slow on the swing and requires some strength." He held the sharp blade in his bare hands towards her while he said to Andros, "I know you know how to handle a blade. You choose."

Andros chose a short sword like Andorra's. He preferred speed but he also preferred balance. He was still nervous at Tulre's show of bravado at holding the sharpened blades as he did. Still he saw a reason for the shoosing of the blades and decided to help in that lesson. He said, "Take it Kalla. This is part of the lesson."

Ken-Lui looked at Komad with a thoughtful air, almost as if he were trying to read something. He replied, "I am a protector of Miako. I have traveled here to find the protectors of this realm to warn them."

"Warn us from what?" Andros asked though he knew it wasn't going to be a good answer.

"The Dark Realm has a long reach and has Explorers like yourself here. However the milennia old master of darkness here has made a pact with the ruler darkness. This Blood King as you call it is an abomination of two realms."

Durrel walked into the room where the others were and observed quietly. They were probably about to engage in some sort of practice duel it would seem. To Durrel, this would be most interesting to see, not only for the fight itself, but he'd be observing techniques that may come in use.

Durrel stood silently, watching the practice duel unfold.

Garrick couldn't help but be slightly confused at this situation. He should've familiarized himself with the history of the planet before coming. Well, he knew he'd learn anyway. He was beginning to gain a hold onto what was happening though.

"What makes these Dark Masters so powerful? Are they force-users? This threat can be handled easily if that is so."

Garrick thought to himself on the thousands of possibilities. He knew that this went deeper than a fight of flesh and blood, but still, an epic fight would always these kind of situations.

Admiral Velerc was getting impatient, very impatient.

"Ensign, what is taking the invasion fleet so long?"

The Ensign looked up from his post," Sir, they have encountered engine troubles, and a few collisions. The invasion was planned correctly, at least in their case."

Velerc scoffed,"Leave that to General Corusar, it's his planning, but I gave an order for this attack, and it must occur. See if any speed is possible at this point."

"Yes, Admiral Velerc."

Velerc stared again into the wave of approaching Republic ships. Then another wave of Capital Ships came out of hyperspace. But they weren't Republic.

They were Mandalorian.

And Velerc recognized one of the ships as that of one of his former pupils.

Barek lurched forward as the Mand'alor's Marev came out of hyperspace.

"Mr. Serevic, begin targeting all Sith vessels and provide a firing solution. Mr. Volrum, commence order 71 and give the green light for all squadron to begin tactical manuevers at point 089, immediatley."

The Deck officers moved as quickly as they could and the bridge became a bustling hub of activity as battle neared.

Barek looked at the Super-Star Destroyer ahead of him. He recognized the distinct Black Skull and the name beneath it.

"Ahhhh, so now we get to meet an old teacher of mine. Prepare for the fight of your lives men."

The Mandalorians on the bridge chuckled and began providing coordinates for a broadside attack.

"I heard of this thing you call the Force. Is it your form of sentou?" Ken-Lui asked.

History lesson time again. Andros raised his head and replied, "The Force here in our galaxy began here at Avalon. Our legends tell us that we, Avalonians came as explorers from our homerealm of Miako."

"What the Explorers had, they took with them," Tiye said in understanding. It was much like colonizing or conquering: you brought what you had with you.

"Yes and we brought sentou though we called it by another name: the Force," Andros finished.

"Ah yes," Ken-Lui replied, "The Explorers had sentou but preferred diplomacy over combat. Yet I can see that it is not forgotten otherwise you wouldn't be here." To the one who asked about the force users, he said, "The abomination is a combining of sentou powers, dangerous and often fatal. It is not easy to defeat sentou once you tap into it." Ken-Lui then made a quick move that left a blue trail and was gone. He appeared next to Garrick. "Anyone in tune with your Force can tap into their sentou. Even you." He then did his little trick and reappeared in front of them.

Tulre noticed the Mandalorian and reached behind him. He grabbed a blade that was heavy and flipped it so the handle was in his hand. He then shouted, "Watching but not doing doesn't tell as much," and tossed the heavy sword towards the Mandalorian. "Where is your sentou?"

Garrick was caught by surprise by the Ken-Lui as he appeared next to him.

The ideal of sentou was still new to Garrick. But it sounded quite intriguing, he would definately listen to this very carefully.

"How would one tap into such a power? I thought it was limited to all except a few?"

Would this mean Garrick was force-sensitive? Garrick did not know, but he felt he was grasping the utter largeness of their situation and what was happening.

Durrel caught the blade," Sentou? We Mandalorians know only the warrior spirit."

Durrel understood what the man meant though. Garrick had told him many times that tasting is better than observing, and it will lead you into new understandings.

Durrel unsheathed it and looked at the brilliance of its design. A practice duel would definately be more effective than observing.

He dropped into a defensive stance.

Tulre was up to the challenge and it was good to show the others what to expect. He withdrew Xaydie and held it ready. It's blade gleamed from the sun as if it were divine. It had been proclaimed a sword of justice by its maker and that is what it did, even in practice duels. He beckoned the Mandalorian to the line in the center of the circle and he approached his. To his audience he said, "We practice with blades first. Best way to understand an opponent's killing power."

It sounded vulgar but it was the truth. The way a person speaks with a blade can tell you how much a person was a killer, if they were. He assumed the Lin Qin position taught to him by the Air Benders. He motioned for Andros to give the call to fight.

Andros looked at the situation and thought Tulre to be foolish. He was going up against a Mandalorian with more experience than he. Still he would obey and shouted, "Fight!"

Tulre launched himself forward executing a series of fast slashes. It was a practice yes but even they looked for real. He landed on his knee and pivoted around til he was in a launching position. One boot was pointed forward while the other was back and ready to spring. "Find sentou he spoke to the Mandalorian."

Ken-Lui replied, "Sentou," and he pounded a fist against his chest, "is from within."

Andros added for Garrick's benefit, "The Jedi say the Force is in all of us and it surrounds us, penetrates us and binds the galaxy together."

Ken-Lui nodded in agreemet, "Yes. Sentou is within. Come, the others are waiting." He motioned for them to follow and he headed deepere into the ruins.

Andros looked slightly pained as he looked at Komad. "You wish to follow?"

Durrel watched the man move into the attacks.

The Mandalorian simply parried the strikes, forcing the charge to the side. Then Durrel pushed the man from behind using his sword's hilt.

"I will try to find this Sentou, but remember, the Warrior Spirit always follows me. We will see what is better."

He settled again into a defensive stance.

Garrick nodded as he was spoken to. He understood, Sentou was inner-strength, obviously, but is connected to the force as the force was connected to all things. It may take him awhile to fully master the understanding, but he had to start somewhere. He waited for the group to begin the move. He also noticed something about one of his captors, somehow, this area caused him pain. But for what reason? Perhaps an old battle, or sad memories? Garrick would wait and see.

Though much of the style between a lightsaber and a sword were the same, Kalla still had to get used to the weight of the blade. It didn't take long, and she was soon able to swing it as easily as a lightsaber. "Let me try to teach you a few techniques." She said to Andorra. Andorra then got her sword pointed at Kalla. "Here, take a swing at me." Kalla told her. "Alright." Andorra cautiously replied, swinging her sword at Kalla, only for her to parry it. "That's called a parry. It's similar to blocking, but it stops the attack with more equal momentum." Kalla explained. "Another thing is how you swing the sword. You don't simply move the sword with both hands. Instead, you push with your upper hand, and pull with the other, it gives you more momentum, and a more powerful attack."

"Yes." Komad replied, following Ken-Lui deeper into the ruins, still curious what they were going to find down there.

Andros had been watching Tulre and the Mandalorian fight. He motioned, "Kal, I think we should watch. My master's brother is teaching something. Watch." He pointed at the way Tulre looked at the Mandalorian.

Tulre was pleased that the Mandalorian responded. Channeling his power he did a complicated sword maneuever that made him seem to disappear and then reappear closer to land a few strikes with his sword on the Mandalorian. He did something similar to make him move back to his original place.

He then circled with the Mandalorian and with a huge leap, he jumped over his opponent's head, forcing him to turn and he gave a back slash. "Sentou is from within. You channel it, feed it and control it. It becomes who you are."

"The reason I ask Young Komad is because once you take this step, you must go all the way," Andros said. "Sentou is not easy to tap into and it takes exceptional students to master in a span of weeks."

"This is true," Ken-Lui added while continuing forward, "Yet there is confidence in children of previous champions." He then stopped in front of a stone door. It looked like no one was going through by Ken-Lui had other ideas. Placing his hand upon the door, it slid open.

This fight was angering Durrel. The man was moving fast, Durrel sometimes couldn't track his position. He would have to work on his awareness.

"Your Sentou is agile and quick, yes? It is no match for the sheer power of the Warrior Spirit."

Durrel summoned all his strength and more. He moved quickly, roaring his war cry, he smacked the blade to the side and charged, using his hand to further the defence. He moved to grab the man's shoulder,readying his blade for a horizontal strike.

"I am willing to do what it takes." Komad responded, though not understanding why this further training was necessary or practical. A New Imperial Super Star Destroyer loomed over the planet, and the Governor of the System was still being held captive by the New Empire. These things couldn't wait. He began to wonder if others in the Kaltas line before him but after Revan had undergone this training. If Revan was even the champion Ken-Lui referred to.

Sentou and the Force were technically the same thing, as far as Kalla could tell, but she still noticed a difference in how they were applied. The Force seemed clearly supernatural to the uninformed, with its rapid healing, telekinesis, and lightning. Sentou on the other hand, seemed to focus more on augmenting one's physical ability. "Impressive." She commented. "How exactly to we differentiate between the Force and this Sentou?"

Tulre made a move and disappeared only to reappear at a more advantageous position to counter the horizontal strike. The resounding clang was satisfying as he locked his blade. In a quick deft movement, he ran up the front of the Mandalorian, applying enough pressure to make it feel like a kick leaving a bluish blur where his feet were.

He flipped in a perfect backflip to land on his feet. He bounced slightly on the balls of his feet as he settled for another move. He said, "Warrior Spirit, from within. Sentou from within. Where do you think it comes from?"

Andros had his eyes fixed on the fight in front of him. He noticed that some of the Belosian warriors were watching as well as the Shreyites. The stood, well, respectful. It was as if they all knew some secret and he was trying to learn it. He said, "I think you are right that the Force and Sentou are the same thing. After all it is said the Force came from Avalon and the Avalonians came from Miako."

Ken-Lui let the stone door open but did not go through. He stood with his back towards his followers and said, "Chimeteiki no sentou is what keeps our two realms safe. Many warriors have been chosen to defend here and our world against the Dark Realm.

"Your world was brought in four thousand years ago when a group of the mightiest warriors was summoned to our realm. They were led by an Explorer and a Jedi. Together they fought the forces of Tsung Khan and became champions. Since then one warrior from either two have competed. The last was a generation ago."

"You refer to my parents," Andros replied as a statement rather than a question.

"Indeed. But now we have those from both champions and two who can see all things," Ken-Lui finally turned around to face the group. "This is not a matter of ancestral pride but I hope you understand how you are connected. One does not need to be a Jedi to be part of this battle." He then turned and walked in.

In the room were four people standing there looking as if they were waiting. Ken-Lui walked up to them and turned around to introduce then, "These are some of the mightest warriors of Miako and they will help you understand what you face. They are Son-ja, Ja-xor, Joji Chan and Katarina."

"So it's simply a matter of a different culture's interpretation and application of the Force. That makes sense." Kalla commented. Lke her father, she considered the Avalonian belief that the Force began on their homeworld to be part of their culture's mythology. It was scientifically impossible for the Force to have begun at any spatial point and spread out. It had existed as long as life itself had. It was an integral part of life, and at the same time, a by-product of it. It would be more logical to say it began everywhere.

"Tell me, did the Jedi from the Republic four thousand years ago go by either the name Revan or the name Kale Kaltas?" Komad asked, also wondering, if the both the Kaltas family and the Starlighter family were descended, who the Explorer was, and who their descendant here was. "If they are willing to teach, I am willing to learn."

"Maybe. It could be more than that," Andros agreed with his sister. "I know you don't believe that the Force began in Avalon but maybe you take it too literal. You know hope Master Starlighter plays with her words."

Tyrannus looked at his opponent with a murderous gleam in his eyes. He countered the punches and kicks, laying equally hard ones of his own. It had continued until the opponent was dizzy.

"Finish him!"

Tyrannus listenend to the voice and with a deft movement of his hand, he reached for his short sword and swung it out quick and fast. The opponent's head fell off, still wearing the stunned look on its face. Tyrannus stood and faced his master and at teh same time cast a smug look at Virul.

The Blood King, aware that his two best warriors hated each other, fed that hatred with his selective praise. "Well done, Tyrannus. I see you have been practicing and found your sentou." He then turned to Virul, "And what of you Virul? You learned anything besides taking over bodies?"

Ken-Lui looked at Komad and replied, "We know not of any Kaltas but we know of Revan. Twice he visited the other realms but this time he became a champion. His Explorer friend became a champion also as well as becoming a protector of your world. It is a shame that he died."

At that moment, Riyusaan appeared admist lightening. He said, "You have found your guide. This is good. Now you must all learn to find your sentou. The others at the enclave will receive their help as well."

"Revan and Kale Kaltas were one and the same. It was centuries before they found his body and he was interred with his descendants on Rhen Var." Komad told Ken-Lui. "I asked because you said Children of Champions, and like Master Starlighter, my lineage traces back to him. After that, our families diverge from different descendancy."

"That is but one thing I am capable of. I, in this body at least, prefer to turn my enemies against each other, then I fight the exhausted victor, easily defeated. Stealth and illusions are another strength. Let me demonstrate." Virul replied, vanishing, and in his place, were several of him filling the room. "Weaken them before engaging them in combat, through fear, preoccupation, or any other means."

"I don't take it literally either." Andorra told Kalla. She always had her doubts about the mythologies of her people, but it seemed like one more thing she kept to herself. "It's always good to throw some doubt at what you believe every now and then." Kalla replied

Andros gave a slight elbow to Komad, "They know of Revan. We know he was one and the same but that is how they viewed him and Kirabaros. No need to insult their intelligence."

It was Ken-Lui who said said, "We know of Revan and of the Explorer we named Sanglumina. Both were exceptional warriors and their ancestors as well as mine are honored. You are fortunate to come from such warriors. Tsung Khan fears the descendants of these two champions as much as he fears myself and the other warriors. For centuries his agents in your realm have hunted down members of your line. Sometimes he succeeds and other times he was thwarted."

Katarina came forward with Son-ja while Ken-Lui retreated and said, "Much has been told to you but you must discover the rest for yourselves. Come we have wasted enough words. What we teach you will seem like days but in reality it will be hours."

Son-ja continued, "That is the first lesson. Nothing is as it seems. We are defined and bound by rules that are breakable or redfined." She then did a quick move into an attack position and let loose a pink cloud.

Katarina dodged it and drew out two fan blades like the geima practiced with and moved them. It created a force that lifted Son-ja off her feet. She then set Son-ja down and withdrew her weapons. "Nothing is as it seems."

Andros looked at his companions, especially the Mandalorian who was drinking in everything that he was seeing. He then came forward and placed his palms together and bowed. "I accept. I accept as the descendant of the champion Sanglumina."

Katarina nodded and looked at the others. "Do you accept this? Your friends at the enclave will be asked the same thing."

Tulre was impressed by the Mandalorian's quick use of illusion. In response he sheathed Xaydie and pressed his palms together and concentrated. His eyes were closed, a big fat no for a warrior. First rule was to keep your eyes open. Tulre disregarded this as he closed his eyes.

Centering himself he focused. It was similar to an exercise that the Air Benders taught him. Returning to the basics of life helped you to focus and concetrate your energy. Slowly he began a kata like maneuvering before returning back to his initial position. He then brought his fists up to defend himself and did a sweep kick at the Mandalorian's legs with no intention to harm except give a good sting on the arse. He then did a twirl into a fighting stance.

Jun-la had been watching the exchange and went over to her padawan and his sister and asked, "What lesson is this?"

Andros looked at his master and said, "Well Tulre was going to teach Andorra how to use the short blade and somehow he ended up dueling the Mandalorian warrior."

Jun-la looked again as she saw her brother sweep kick the Mandalorian and twirl back into a fighting stance, Xaydie sheathed. She then looked back and replied, "He was teaching her. If you noticed, Xaydie is a short blade. What he is teaching you now is lesson number two."

"Number two?"

Jun-la nodded. "Lesson number one is bringing all that is you into balance. Lesson two is that nothing is as it seems."

Andros was slightly confused and asked, "Kal, have you heard of this technique?" He asked since his sister specialized in forms and was a diligent student in lightsaber forms.

Durrel took the sweep kick hard on the leg armor. But luckily, he remained standing after a few steps backward. He took the blade and shoved the tip into the ground outside the alleged 'ring.' He then began to circle, his head slightly tipped to one side, watching his opponent closely. This was a technique taught to all Mandalorians for the past thousand years. It had been perfected through those thousands as well. Durrel was considered one of the best in the art.

He then broke into a combat stance and moved quickly to disable the opponents movement, or otherwise, get inside their personal space, and continue to strike vital points continuously.

Garrick stopped short a few feet behind the group as the events unfolded. He had a bad feeling, a very bad feeling. He somehow felt something dark and unknown about the ruins. He looked around, but could see no reason for such fear. He believed that the very aura of this place was twisted with some sort of taboo evil. Something Mandalorians should avoid. Garrick shrugged the feeling off and began following again.

"Well, balance is the main focus of Niman, which incidently is the one I prefer. Things not being what they seem, well that is a principle which in itself doesn't directly apply to combat, but it indirectly applies to everything." Kalla explained to her brother. "I have a question: Wouldn't a hands-on approach be better for teaching me how to fight?" Andorra asked, not sure why Tulre would offer to teach her sword fighting skills, then duel someone else.

"I accept. I accept as the descendant of the Champion Revan, and of the Twi'lek clan Secura." Komad replied, following Andros' lead. He also bowed, placing his palms together. He wondered how what they would learn could seem like weeks, but take only hours. Temporal manipulation was something that no scientist, nor any Force User, could even begin to attempt. Neither the wisest of the Jedi, nor the most feared Sith Lord, had ever bent the fabric of reality like that.

Archived