Home

McCain defends Obama

SW01

I just stumbled upon this video clip:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/us_elections_2008/7665238.stm

It is of Sen. McCain at a Republican Party rally, at which he declared Sen. Obama a 'decent man', and requested that Republicans be 'respectful' towards him. He also claimed they had 'nothing to fear' from Obama as President.

Though he did make clear that he would still fight. Personally, I think it was a very honourable thing for him to do. It isn't often that a candidate defends his opponent.

Thoughts?

It's nice that at the least candidates can keep this a clean race, whereas their respective parties are turning it into a mud-slinging match.

We saw a similar situation with Sen. Obama asking people to respect Gov. Palin's privacy over her daughter's pregnancy - proof, I think , that politicians can be just as human as the rest of us. :)

yeah, i dont know whats up with that. If I had to guess its almost like he's setting them(republicans) for his loss. Maybe McCain feels like his campaign is floundering? As far as I know many republicans are calling for McCain to be more aggressive in his attacks on Obama, so yeah, much like his "my fellow prisoners comment" I don't know what's going on in his head.

Archived