Home

Lost Network Password..

Marius Fett

Hey guys, I have ANOTHER problem.. >_>

In my house, we have two computers connected to the internet, a desktop and my (horrible) laptop.

The desktop is plugged into our router/modem, which my laptop connects to wirelessly.

Somehow, NOBODY seems to know the password for the network.

I really need to know it, as i'm planning to wipe my laptop clean and start afresh, and would like internet access.

Is there some sort of software that would allow me to get at the password?

go into your router settings.... usually 192.168.2.1 etc and find your 'wireless>security settings' The network password (or corresponding hex-code) is listed there because thats where you originally need to input it ;) Hence, you could change it here to whatever you want and then be able to get on wirelessly with any other pcs :)

mtfbwya

I despise calcutta tech support. Thats why I go with an ISP that employs locals who

a) can speak english

b) know what theyre talking about

With my old ISP, I had 7 tech support encounters with the sub-continent. ALL of them were incorrect in their advice! Its partly from the rage that caused that started me wanting to learn how to fix stuff myself and then help others out ;) Havent looked back since. Hence, if it werent for those jackasses, this little corner of LFN may not have existed :xp:

We salute their incompetence!

mtfbwya

Archived