Home

Mass Media:Is there bias, perceived or actual?

GarfieldJL

First you're digging up stuff from people that was from a long time ago, second McCain has a record of going after people that are corrupt Obama did not and still doesn't.

Totally irrelevant.

Third, did you know that John McCain testified against Keating in the civil trial to try to help people get their money back.

Source.

Then the Scooter Libby connection doesn't go anywhere at all because McCain would have had to meet the guy due to the nature of their jobs, that's a difference between McCain and Obama. Obama chose Wright as his pastor, Libby just worked for the executive branch.

So you're saying that "the nature of their jobs" is basis for invalidating arguments of association? That's good. All your Ayers arguments are falsified under this argument.

As for your sources, I see at least one that off the top of my head used fraudulent documents in 2004 to try to smear President Bush.

Source, or did they delete it? :rolleyes:

And several others including: Newsweek, New York Times, LA Times, etc. (and that's just off the top of my head) that have been caught at dishonest journalism in 2008.

Okay, sure, whatever. What about the other ones? And what about the other associations, for that matter? I want to see a Fox News link to a story for each, otherwise, Fox News is totally, irrefutably, and undeniably Conservatively biased.

Thanks.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And several others including: Newsweek, New York Times, LA Times, etc. (and that's just off the top of my head) that have been caught at dishonest journalism in 2008.

If by "caught" you mean "baselessly accused by spiteful right-wing bloggers with absolutely no credible evidence other than their own blatantly biased opinions", then I couldn't agree more.

Source, or did they delete it? :rolleyes:

Actually they were forced to admit it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/01/10/national/main665727.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rathergate

Okay, sure, whatever. What about the other ones? And what about the other associations, for that matter? I want to see a Fox News link to a story for each, otherwise, Fox News is totally, irrefutably, and undeniably Conservatively biased.

First some of my responses were basic common sense (such as Libby if you look up where he worked and what Senate Committees McCain served on), second the one about Keating was based off the video concerning John McCain by CNN I believe.

If by "caught" you mean "baselessly accused by spiteful right-wing bloggers with absolutely no credible evidence other than their own blatantly biased opinions", then I couldn't agree more.

Considering CBS ended up having to admit they were using forged documents, because of the bloggers I tend to use as a source, and considering my major is Computer Graphics Technology, I can say with certainty the documents were bogus.

First you're digging up stuff from people that was from a long time ago, second McCain has a record of going after people that are corrupt Obama did not and still doesn't.

Third, did you know that John McCain testified against Keating in the civil trial to try to help people get their money back.

Then the Scooter Libby connection doesn't go anywhere at all because McCain would have had to meet the guy due to the nature of their jobs, that's a difference between McCain and Obama. Obama chose Wright as his pastor, Libby just worked for the executive branch.

As for your sources, I see at least one that off the top of my head used fraudulent documents in 2004 to try to smear President Bush.

Totally irrelevant.

The fact is, those events happened and McCain knows those people. You are skirting around the issue by trying to make an issue yourself by saying "Oh, those links at the bottom of the page are link!" while completely ignoring the rest of the post.

You pick on Obama for every person he knows, but disregard every person I presented towards you that McCain has ties to. I'd like to say "Well, if I used Fox News you would have believed me", but even when I have presented Fox reports to you, all you do is brush them to the side by calling it liberal slander, or video editing, or a typo.

If any of the above had ties to Obama, you would be picking them apart like a starving dog on meat. You'd be making threads and posts about them as often as you would be mentioning his current ties.

I cannot express in words how infuriated I am right now. How infuriated that you call us ignorant for looking at a variety of news sources, while hailing one single news station as the almighty above all. Mocking everyone else for their ideals while holding your own on the highest horse I have ever seen.

This has nothing to do with the fact you are a "conservative". It has nothing to do with you being a "republican". This has to do with the blatant bias you hold for your own cause while mocking the bias of others.

I'm so tired of the so called "liberals and conservatives" eating each other alive all the time. Its been ruining this forum. No, its already ruined it thoroughly.

I spend time and energy finding information, and more often than not it is tossed aside with a simple wave of the hand. This forum has been a thorough waste of my time, and this has been the final straw.

At first it was fun to bounce ideas off of people, but this election ruined this forum. Ruined it. The flaming, sniping, reporting, etc was so bad that I recommended closing this place down and never reopening it again. In the end we opted to temporarily re-open it for a test run, and it is now obvious to me that there is no saving this place.

If you, SD, Yar-el would like to try to stage some kind of coup against the Moderators then be my guest. But if you'd like to see how that does, then look up a member named Jedi Phile or something. He tried it, and soon learned that this forum is not a democracy. There is no bill of rights or Constitution here. You have no freedom of speech, right to jury, etc here. This is an internet forum, and if you hate the members or modding style then you can log out and never log back in. Problem solved.

Seeing as the "liberal and conservative" offenders post often and can never get a topic going farther than "well, your source sucks!", I see no reason to try to debate with any of you anymore. Most of you are obviously stuck in your own little worlds and simply refuse to take your fingers out of your ears. Its like watching children fight.

And to follow my own logic of leaving a place that presents only hate and distaste...

Cya Kavar's Corner. You've made me outright abhor humanity, left me jaded and depressed many a night, and helped me hate life a little more than yesterday. I'll join back in the fun when people feel the need to talk again.

Till then, I'm off to find an admin to get restricted from accessing this forum.

Totally irrelevant.

The fact is, those events happened and McCain knows those people. You are skirting around the issue by trying to make an issue yourself by saying "Oh, those links at the bottom of the page are link!" while completely ignoring the rest of the post.

The fact is some of these people mentioned, are people that McCain was introduced to by his wife and father-in-law, another on this list was a public official also in the Federal Government that McCain would have had to interact with whether he liked the guy or not.

Your bringing up Rick Davis, makes McCain look even better considering he was one of the people demanding more regulations concerning Freddie Mac and the other bank. If they were paying Davis to get McCain off there trail, either Davis wasn't doing a very good job or it was like waving a red cape in front of an angry bull.

Another guy you brought up Pastor Hagee, McCain and he basically can't stand each other and the most of his association is that he tried to make peace with the guy (in other words bury the hatchet), that's a big difference from Rev. Wright and Senator Obama.

Fact remains, we have a long record concerning John McCain, so that it is easy to see what he does believe which is contrary to what many of these associations that are being dragged up believe. The record concerning Obama indicates that he believes as his associations do.

You pick on Obama for every ****ing person he knows, but disregard every ****ing person I presented towards you that McCain has ties to. I'd like to say "Well, if I used Fox News you would have believed me", but even when I have presented Fox reports to you, all you do is brush them to the side by calling it liberal slander, or video editing, or a typo.

While it's plausible that McCain is aquainted with some of these people, there is a lengthy record as to his pattern of behavior, and that indicates his beliefs are different from theirs. Obama's aquaintences have a value system that appears to match his value system and that's what I find so scary.

If any of the above had ties to Obama, you would be picking them apart like a starving dog on meat. You'd be making threads and posts about them as often as you would be mentioning his current ties.

Actually I deliberately avoided mentioning some of Obama's ties, because they happened to be related by blood to him, and I do not hold someone responsible for the behavior of blood relatives. That being said, as you yourself noted, McCain met a lot of these people while he was in public office, Obama met a lot of his bad associations while a private citizen. Further Obama's laundry list is a lot longer than McCain's despite the fact he is just over half McCain's age, and they interconnect.

I cannot express in words how infuriated I am right now. How infuriated that you call us ignorant for looking at a variety of news sources, while hailing one single news station as the almighty above all. Mocking everyone else for their ideals while holding your own on the highest horse I have ever seen.

I remember saying your sources have a record for misinformation, I've gone at great length to avoid calling people names.

This has nothing to do with the fact you are a "conservative". It has nothing to do with you being a "republican". This has to do with the blatant bias you hold for your own cause while mocking the bias of others.

I'm so tired of the so called "liberals and conservatives" eating each other alive all the time. Its been ruining this forum. No, its already ruined it thoroughly.

I spend time and energy finding information, and more often than not it is tossed aside with a simple wave of the hand. This forum has been a thorough waste of my time, and this has been the final straw.

Again I've gone to great lengths to avoid flaming people and keep my posts restricted to the issues.

Leave the moderating to the mods please. After reporting a post, don't reply to it.... --Jae

If you, SD, Yar-el would like to try to stage some kind of coup against the Moderators then be my guest. But if you'd like to see how that does, then look up a member named Jedi Phile or something. He tried it, and soon learned that this forum is not a democracy. There is no bill of rights or Constitution here. You have no freedom of speech, right to jury, etc here. This is an internet forum, and if you hate the members or modding style then you can log out and never log back in. Problem solved.

For the record, there is a contract that is signed when people join the board, and a contract is a two way street. If you want to drag up this topic, go right ahead but do so in a seperate topic.

Seeing as the "liberal and conservative" offenders post often and can never get a topic going farther than "well, your source sucks!", I see no reason to try to debate with any of you anymore. Most of you are obviously stuck in your own little worlds and simply refuse to take your fingers out of your ears. Its like watching children fight.

Excuse me?

And to follow my own logic of leaving a place that presents only hate and distaste...

Cya Kavar's Corner. You've made me outright abhor humanity, left me jaded and depressed many a night, and helped me hate life a little more than yesterday. I'll join back in the fun when people feel the need to talk again.

Till then, I'm off to find an admin to get restricted from accessing this forum.

Okay then... :confused:

Archived