Home

Shinobi

DrPhil2501

The Man of Blades saw the illumination of glowing chakra on the wall infront of him, standing with dominance over Asuka.

"I've been looking forward to beating down all of your Arashi punks." She growled angerly. "I despise everyone of you...I've been dreaming of revenge ever since I was turned away from you. And I think I'll take you down next."

"You shouldnt talk, before you eliminating an unsuspecting opponent." He swiftly turned around and blocked Karela's punches by using his blade as a shield, so that all she was hitting was solid metal. "It completely gives away your position."

"Is that right?" Naruto announced from the other side of the elevator. A sinister grin formed in his face, as a spiralling ball of white chakra was formed between both of his hands. He then seperated the white mass into two spheres, whilst creating four points on each of them to make them appear to be a shuriken. "While you were diverting your attention away from me, I took the liberty of making you a goodbye present!"

Kaneda watched while he was some of the remaining Arashi pawns. To his own amazement, Naruto had succesfuly been able to form, not one, but two minitarised versions of the Rasenshuriken technique with both hands. He wondered what other accomplishments he had developed all these years since becoming a Sage.

Naruto threw one of the Rasenshurikens towards the Man of Blades, but succesfully dodged it. He ran towards Naruto with his fiery blades, and began swipping at him with full speed. Naruto threw his second Rasenshuriken, but once again he managed to dodge them. But it all seemed to much for the Hokage; such devastating speed the man was delivering with those blades of his, he even managed to land a fiery stab through Naruto. But to his susprise, Naruto suddenly exploded into a pile of smoke.

"A shadow clone?!?" his eyes expressed. He slowly looked behind him to see that the real Naruto, who was behind him the whole time and managed to catch both minature Rasenshurikens, had appeared right above him and threw both of them. With the little amount of time he had, The Arashi member could only block the attack, which resulted with both of his blades being split into shattering pieces.

He looked over at Karela, who was nearest to him...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karela grinned evily as the Arashi man at both of his blades were broken. She formed a blue spinning ball in her hand that had a tinge of red swirling around inside of it.

"I hope your ready to meet your maker, because theres no way your going to survive this!" She shouted as she brought back her hand with the Rasengan and then slammed in directly into the man's chest with a good amount of force.

And thats the way it's done.

Asuka stood up and stepped beside Naruto and Kaneda, holding her arm. "Thank you, Hokage and Kaneda. Next time... I will destroy the Arashi. All of them..."

Hate and anger could be seen clearly in the young girl's eyes, as she watched Karela deal with the Arashi man with the blades.

Takeda watched in horror as Asuka dealt with the arashi warrior. His body was as cold and numb as the very ice based attacks he used. Had he activated his seal too early? No, something was holding him back from aiding in the fight. He could only watch the fight. He wanted to not only kill the Man of Blades but watch him suffer. He wanted to watch the man beg for mercy as he stood over him and shook his head. He wished to bathe the walls in the man's blood for hurting Asuka. A shifting aura began to form around him. It was both whiteish blue and blackish red.

He could feel something inside of him telling him to kill but before he could take a step the fight was finished. He snapped out of his dark trance and looked over at Kaneda who was still fighting. He looked over at the white sword in his hand and infused it with some chakra. He moved with incredible speed over to Kaneda and stabbed the sword into the ground. Ice began to form on the ground a few seconds later and began to freeze the arashi pawns.

Normally he would have left his frozen enemies where they were but the dark desires came back. They had tried to kill Asuka so it was only fair that he made sure they stayed down. He made a few handsigns and looked over at the frozen arashi.

"Ice Release: Frozen Rain!" he yelled.

The icicles rained down upon the frozen victims and began chipping away at them until the frozen statues broke. He allowed a small smile to escape as he walked away. Had he been thinking a bit more clearly he might have noticed the ice from his Frozen Rain was black.

Kaneda stood stunned at the force Takeda had dealt with the Arashi pawns. "Well, glad I'm not on his bad side..." he muttered without anyone hearing.

Naruto stared at the devastation Karela had caused for the Man of Blades. There was a large gaping wound where Karela dealt the Rasengan. The rest of the detail was just too horrific to explain.

It seemed the pawns up here were dealt with. The Elevator came to another stop. Naruto's ears were raised, as his clone was speaking to him via the ear piece.

"It seems they have made it inside of the elevator." he said.

"I thought they already were inside...?" Kaneda pointed out. Naruto simply stared down at him and winked. The Elevator began moving again. Naruto turned towards everyone, after suddenly noticing the elevator was all covered with shards of broken ice - most likely on Takeda's behalf.

"Everybody, on my signal... we jump and grab onto a ledge."

The levels passed by. The Hokage was clearly keeping a count on the amount of levels the elevator had already passed through. "12...11...10... now!"

Kaneda followed the Hokage and others and grabbed onto a ledge while the elevator continued moving downwards without them. Moments passed, and Kaneda was just standing onto the ledge of one of the levels. More moments had passed, until they couldnt hear the humming movement of the elevator any longer. A bright light appeared below them, along with the sounds of explosions and the carnage of breaking machinery.

"...What the hell just happened?" Kaneda exclaimed. Naruto began chuckling. Then that chuckling turned into laughter.

"The elevator was rigged. I'm sorry, but I had to deceit all of you in order for this plan to work. When you create a Shadow Clone, it essentially possesses a copy of the equipment you carry. In all of our cases, our basic shinobi equipment consists of Explosive Tags. I used those clones to smother the entire elevator with explosive tags and disguised them by transforming the clones into panels of the elevator walls."

"The Arashi must have known that there was a whole group of us ontop of the elevator, because there was a security camera. Before the clones proceeded with the plan, one of them disabled the camera so the Arashi couldnt have known what was going on inside. It was just a case of whom to strike at first and in which direction. In this scenario, they decided to come at us knowing we were ontop of the elevator. When that plan failed, they decided to come through the elevator and attack us from below. Looks like that plan backfired on them."

"...What the hell just happened?"

Karela listened very carefully as Naruto explainded what had occured. It sounded as though he had covered all of the bases except one.

"So...what happens now that we're stuck on the ledge?" She asked cautiously. "I think I mentioned that I really don't like heights, so anytime you want to get us away from the ledge would be great."

She gulped and looked down. She really hated heights.

"So...what happens now that we're stuck on the ledge?" She asked cautiously. "I think I mentioned that I really don't like heights, so anytime you want to get us away from the ledge would be great."

Naruto pulled himself up, and slid two kunais knives between the the closed doors. He pushed the elevator doors apart to reveal a vast hallway with a high ceiling. The walls were oval-shaped, and there was a metal catwalk running across the middle. Up ahead was a blue light in the distance which outlined the presence of a larger space on the other side of the hall. There was a man-sized steam pipe by the edge of the wall.

"Everybody clime up." he called. Soon Kaneda joined up with him and waited for the others. He noted the large steam pipe up, and the hatch near the end of it.

"Looks like it Takeda's time to play his part." he stared at him. "You ready for this? You'll have to be quick before the heat generated by the steam overcomes your Butai Affinity form."

"Remember, once you reach the corner there will be another hatch which enters a small chamber filled with smaller pipes. Once you reach the other end, you will be given access to a security room. You must destroy the main terminal which controls all the security doors. Once your objective is complete, rendevous with us by the other side of the hall."

"You ready for this? You'll have to be quick before the heat generated by the steam overcomes your Butai Affinity form."

Takeda looked over at him and nodded his head. He looked down the rather long hallway, or at least it looked long to him. There was a good chance he wouldn't make it and without him the others wouldn't be able to finish the Arashi. He had to keep going, even if that meant he would give his life to make sure he made it. He took a few steps ahead of the group in order to activate the seal. He made quite a large number of hand seals for the seal and then brought his hands to his chest. His body began to encase itself in the element that he had mastering. His arms and upper torso were to first to turn into ice, followed by his waist and legs. Finally his head turned to ice; the seal was a success. He looked back over at the group and nodded a second time.

Takeda started to sprint down the hallway as fast as he could. He could feel the heat from the steam with each step he could took. He finally reached the hatch and dove into it. He looked down at his left arm and saw the ice was starting to melt from the heat. He quickly got to his feet and started running again. He placed his right arm on his left and tried freezing it to keep it from melting. He saw a door in the distance and tried to increase his speed. He quickly charged up a small ball of ice and shot it at the door. Takeda jumped into the air and kicked the door as he passed through.

He looked up and saw two Arashi looking at the monitors. One of them looked over at the ninja covered with ice. He looked passed him and was startled that this boy was able to pass through the steam. Before the arashi could tell his friend, he felt his neck snap as he went limp. His friend looked over at his friend only to find a sword in his stomach. Takeda pulled the sword out of his chest and wiped the blood off. He stared at the main terminal and raised his sword.

Allow me

Before Takeda could react he felt himself lose control of his body. He had been concentrating on the seal so much he had forgotten of his devil twin. Takeda's arm was raised into the air as Takai smiled.

"Shadow Crescent!" he shouted as Takeda brought his arm down, releasing a powerful wave of energy that cut the machine in half.

Takeda took control of his own body again and let out a sigh of relief. Not only did he make it to the terminal but had survived as well.

Kaneda followed Naruto and the others as they ran through the large hall. They kept up with Takeda, as he ventured through the narrow steam pipe towards the booth holding all the control panels.

Soon everybody reached the other side, where they faced a large window made from glass so thick that simply punching it could shatter your entire skeletal structure. There was a panel on the glass door that enabled access to the other side, which was a metal catwalk bridge overlooking a scene below.

What was below the bridge was what appeared to be an inside of a silo-like structure. The walls were surrounded with the same containers they spotted before when they entered the base. The same containers Tategami and Kaneda could sense the lifeless energy within. Way down below the Silo was a glowing blue light, which was assumed to be the final target destination: the main reactor for the entire base.

Moments passed, Kaneda began to worry if Takeda had survived or not. Suddenly, there was a slight beep coming from a panel imbedded within the thick glass door. The light switched from red to green, and the lock popped open. Beyond the door was accessible, and it was relief to know Takeda had survived in order to accomplish this. By now, every security door was unlocked for the other teams to do their objectives.

They waited by the wall, where a door to the control room where Takeda is was present. The reason being that they simply couldnt walk through that door was that according to the blueprints Naruto read, the door to the security room was heavily fortified and too much of a hassle, which would likely prove to endanger the mission. The Steampipe seemed logical enough to take advantage of. They waited for Takeda to rendevous with them so they could continue on with the mission.

((The Very Last Final Battle is nearing. Everybody get ready :) ))

((Sorry for not posting earlier. Life got insanely busy. :( ))

"As kind as it is for you to offer Yoroi...I think I'll handle this one. I've been itching for revenge against all of them."

"You have a better chance against them if the two of you worked together!" Naruto replied.

Although the Hokage was correct about teamwork, Yoroi decided that letting Karela take this fight was the best approach. His attacks had considerable power but were only useful at range. Both Shinra Tensei and Chibaku Tensei had no use against the blades. Thus, Karela's approach would work more effectively--

A trio of Arashi jumped at Yoroi, forcing his attention way from Karela and Naruto. They were using summoning tags on their wrists to summon and throw shruiken. Yoroi was being attacked in all directions, effectively pinning him down.

"Not bad," he commented, waiting until there was a break in their firing rate. "But I'm the one with the numbers superiority. Six Paths of Yoroi Mitarashi!"

Two Paths jumped at each target. The one in the front caught the Arashi and flipped him or her around some the one in the back could drive a blade through their hearts. Yoroi dispelled the Paths, just as everyone else resolved their fights. Naruto, Karela, and Asuka had defeated the Man of Blades, and Takeda was dealing with several other Arashi.

"Ice Release: Frozen Rain!"

He saw the Arashi Takeda destroy fall to pieces. A very powerful Kekkei Genkai, Yoroi muttered in his thoughts.

"...What the hell just happened?" Kaneda exclaimed. Naruto began chuckling. Then that chuckling turned into laughter.

"The elevator was rigged. I'm sorry, but I had to deceit all of you in order for this plan to work. When you create a Shadow Clone, it essentially possesses a copy of the equipment you carry. In all of our cases, our basic shinobi equipment consists of Explosive Tags. I used those clones to smother the entire elevator with explosive tags and disguised them by transforming the clones into panels of the elevator walls."

"The Arashi must have known that there was a whole group of us ontop of the elevator, because there was a security camera. Before the clones proceeded with the plan, one of them disabled the camera so the Arashi couldnt have known what was going on inside. It was just a case of whom to strike at first and in which direction. In this scenario, they decided to come at us knowing we were ontop of the elevator. When that plan failed, they decided to come through the elevator and attack us from below. Looks like that plan backfired on them."

As always, Naruto is the number one unpredictable Kage, Yoroi thought with a grin. He then watched as Takeda left to deal with the terminal, awaiting the Hokage's orders and hoping for Takeda's success.

Karela sighed with relief when they finally managed to reach sweet solid ground. Finally...sweet solid ground. She thought in relief.

She looked down at the silo like structure and looked down at the containers and clenched her fists in anger. It looked like the Arashi had taken many more victims then she had though.

All the more reason to kill Gatoa. I only wish he could answer to the families of all of these victims.

"Hey Yoroi." She asked suddenly. "Do you think I could talk to you away from the group for a for a few minutes. I have a question for you."

"So uh...what's up?"

Karela nervously put her hand behind her head and lowered her voice to further lower the possiblity that she might be heard.

"I...uh I really don't know how to say this. But Kaneda recently said something that has been really confusing me. I won't say what since I respect his feelings but...I heard you once say that you loved someone in the past."

She took a deep breath before continuing.

"So...what I'm asking is...what does love feel like?" She asked nervously.

Yoroi looked away. "Well, that's um...that's a loaded question Karela. I think everyone's experience is different, but I'll at least tell you mine since I asked."

He turned back to face Karela. "Love," he began, "for me is like being stabbed in the heart with a kunai. It is the most painful thing in the world, but it is also the only thing in the world that really matters because it's all you can think about. You want relief, but at the same time you don't want it to stop and you feel empty when that knife isn't there. Love is like dying."

He then looked down, lightly chuckling. "At least, that's what I felt when around Riko for the agonizing short time I knew her. Or maybe my life and work have just made me a twisted creature of death and my idea of love is truly sick. I'm not really an impartial judge in this regard."

"At least, that's what I felt when around Riko for the agonizing short time I knew her. Or maybe my life and work have just made me a twisted creature of death and my idea of love is truly sick. I'm not really an impartial judge in this regard."

Karela thought for a moment. Yoroi's description of love was...slightly strange. But right now she wasn't feeling anything. Anything at all.

Dai cautiously approached them and smiled nervously. "I...ah...couldn't help overhearing what you said Karela." He nervously raised his hands in defense. "Blame the chakra enhanced hearing. I wasn't trying to overhear you but I did."

Dai took a deep breath.

"Love is...something wonderful. It's the most joyous feeling that you can ever feel. It feels like a solder pill, something that empowers you, makes you feel like you can do anything."

He smiled sheepishly. "Thats just what I think it is. Feel free to ignore it if you feel the need."

Karela shook her head slowly. Both definitions were confusing her. "Thanks for you inputs on the subject. I really do appreciate it."

Takeda quickly got out of his ice form just as quickly as he took back control of his body. He took a deep breath before heading out the other door. In the distance he could see others and was grateful to see that none of them had been attacked while he was gone. He moved over to them as quickly as he could. Even though he could see some of his friends talking with one another, his mind was focused on Asuka. This gave his twin all the time he needed to do. Takeda turned his head to stare at Karela and flashed her a wink. When he opened his left eye, the black eye with the yellow iris was visible. Takai chuckled at his quick taunt to Karela and gave Takeda control before he knew what happened. Takeda bowed to the Hokage and to Tategami.

----

Specter was in slight earshot of what Karela and the others were talking about. He chuckled to himself and decided to not to get involved but rather wait and see if Karela would talk to him.

Karela was about to leave to go and ask Specter what he thought love felt like when Takeda finally showed up. She was about to smile and wave at him when he winked at her.

His eyes...It can't be! It's Takai! What does it take to kill him?!

Karela was about to reach for a handful of Kunai knives when she thought better of it. She didn't want to confuse anyone by going after him right now and it looked like Takeda was still in control.

He probably winked just to get me angry. I can wait...Takai will probably try to come out at the worst possible time and I'll be ready.

She walked over to specter and smiled nervously.

"Hey Specter...Uh...Is it alright if I ask you a question? You once said that you had a wife right?"

She looked right and left before lowering her voice. "Do you think you could tell me what love feels like?"

Naruto was relieved to see Takeda open the fortified door and reveal himself to the others. As soon as he reunited with everyone else, Naruto proceeded onwards.

He walked across the wet-metal floor dripping of moisture. He stared at the containers attached to the circular walls of the silo, spiraling down towards a bright light below - the main reactor.

"Kaneda... come over here." Naruto demanded. Kaneda walked over, entering the silo. He joined Naruto, staring at the containers.

"Before we left and seperated, Tategami mentioned containers he saw along the way. He said he could "feel" the presence of people, but they weren't exactly alive nor were they dead. You're a Werebeast, just like him. What does he mean?"

Kaneda stared with confused eyes at the containers. "I'm not sure... we too saw containers along the way. There was definatly something out of the ordinary about them, but we couldnt find out why."

Naruto nodded, and stared back at them, squinting his eyes. "Some things are best to be found out visually..." he climbed onto the railing of the bridge and leapt across. He landed ontop of one of the containers. Kaneda watched Naruto, as he paced around the top of the container looking for some type of entrance. A hatch, or a manhole. There wasnt anything of that kind.

Naruto sighed, and began concentrating chakra in his hand. He produced a rather enormous Rasengan, swirling in his hand. He slamed it down onto the base of the structure, producing large hole for anyone to fit through. Naruto squinted down the gaping hole, to see what was inside the container. It was too dark to see.

"Kaneda, give me your flashlight!"

Kaneda reached for his backpack and fumbled around for a flashlight. He threw it towards Naruto, who succesfully caught it while staring at the hole beneath him. He flicked a button, and a bright beam of light emitted from the torch. He shun it down the black hole, which now illuminated the darkness. It took Naruto a few moments to realise what was down there, to express a rather disturbed look in his face.

"Hokage? Whats the matter? Whats down there?" Kaneda leaped from the bridge to the container, and joined Naruto to see what was down the hole.

"...I'm not sure you want to find out..." Naruto brought himself to say. Kaneda stared from him to what was down the hole. His eyes widened. His jaw dropped.

((Sorry I took long to post. Bad news: I'm not sure if I'm gonna be RPing anymore. I think I'll be focusing on my career more. I'll still be here, but not all the time... :( ))

Asuka stood there, far from the others. In her mind, she felt like going home. When this was all over, she'd probably live in the country in peace. Maybe even with Takeda. She believed they both needed it. All throughout this little adventure, she felt she hadn't done anything. She felt useless... like always. The others were well experience and stronger than her. Her? She felt that she was nothing more but a crazed up teen...

"Yeah, when this is all over, I'm going to live in peace. Have more meditation and retire from this ninja charade," she said, talking to herself in a low voice. Asuka sighed, playing with her fingers.

Kaneda and Naruto continued to look down into the hole of the container. Kaneda was simply left speechless. Naruto wasnt sure what to say either. All that was going through both of their heads were questions upon questions. How? Why?

What was inside of the container sent a chill in their spine: everything inside looked like a scene from a HR Giger painting. The walls were covered by some black, veiny organic material. Further study of the detail revealed intusions within the walls and the floor: humanoid figures, seemed to be part of the organic material surrounding the inside of the container. Their faces were a disturbing sight; their expressions were pained, their suffering was communicated through open mouths, slightly moving. Kaneda listened closely. Very closely, and thought he could hear the sounds of slight moaning.

Kaneda knew what these containers were. "They are form of prison cell, where the victim becomes one with surrounding growth, or culture. Through that culture, the chakra within the prisoner's bodies are harvested and delivered outside of the container and downward through the silo to the reactor."

Naruto didnt say anything. He looked away from the scene below them. He couldnt watch anymore. It was sickening. "Why do they do this..."" Naruto muttered, clenching his fists. "Some of our own villagers are in these containers. They must have been delivered after the battle of our own village."

Kaneda felt like he was going to be sick. He too looked away. "We cant help them. Even if we tried, who knows what may happen to us."

"And we now have another reason to blow this place up. Would you rather die, then to end up like those people? We have to put them to rest; end their misery."

He stood at the edge of the container. "Everybody, assemble. We are about to enter down below and plant the bomb."

Asuka came to Naruto and Kaneda. She could see the troubled expression on their faces. What did they see? She was a little afraid to go down there if something they saw was that bad. But what had to be done had to be done.

"Naruto? Kaneda? I... I see that something's wrong. What did you see down there?" Asuka asked, slightly worried.

"Do you think you could tell me what love feels like?"

"That's the beauty of it kid, I can't tell you what love feels like. Its a different feeling for each of us and we all express it differently. For me it felt like fire. It made me feel warm all the time and I was always doing my best to keep the flame going. I can't tell you what it'll feel like for you, but I can tell you'll know. When you do find that someone, you'll want to do anything and everything for them. You'll go to great lengths to protect them, even if that means you'll give your life for that person. You'll enjoy spending time around them, and miss them when you're not around them." Specter answered to the best of his ability.

"Everybody, assemble. We are about to enter down below and plant the bomb."

"It looks like its showtime kid, are you ready to whoop some Arashi rear?" Specter asked while cracking his knuckles.

"It looks like its showtime kid, are you ready to whoop some Arashi rear?"

Karela smiled grimly and then cracked her knuckles as well as she thought of what Specter, Dai and Yoroi had said. she decided she would think on it for awhile. "Oh...I was born ready. And I've been looking forward to wiping the floor with all of them for quite a while."

"Some of our own villagers are in these containers. They must have been delivered after the battle of our own village."

Karela stopped short when she finally heard that. Thats my fault! I was the only reason the Arashi were able to get past the village's walls and launch their attack.

Karela jumped down and looked inside the container dreading what she might see. Her jaw opened but no sound came out.

"W-What have the Arashi done?! This is like a crime against nature itself!

Karela turned around in disgust and almost threw up at that point. she managed to hold it down however.

"Hokage...I'm ready to go. Just give me the word."

"Naruto? Kaneda? I... I see that something's wrong. What did you see down there?"

Kaneda stared at Asuka for a long time, then moved his head to the side.

"I... Words cannot describe the horror that lies within these containers, Asuka. Its best you discover with your own eyes..."

"Look for yourselves, if you have to. If you dare. Just be warned its a disturbing sight..."

Naruto looked downward. He closed his eyes and breathed, slowly. Calming his mind. He opened his eyes again, and jumped down from the container. Kaneda joined soon after. They landed from one container to another; moving downwards and downwards, careful that they wont slip off and fall to certain death. The bottom was soon inching closer into the distance. Light began to form the structuring of the scene below.

Naruto finally landed in a vast, circular area. It was a very wide donut-shaped platform, stretching a radius of hundreds of meters. Circulating the edges of the platform was a very bright UV Light, creating a somewhat inverted spot-light effect. Surrounding the outside of the platform was a sea of moving gears, cogs and machinery. In the center of the very platform was what was assumed to be the main reactor, consisting of spinning rings and mechanisms, filling the empty void in the center of the platform.

"This is the reactor core?" Kaneda muttered, staring at constanty moving center of the platform, emiting a calm hum. In the distance, he could see another smaller plaftorm connected via a bridge. Sitting on-top of that platform was a gigantic transparent sphere. Inside of the sphere was a glowing substance - a constant moving energy.

"...White Chakra?" Kaneda guessed. On that very platform, was a standing figure dressed in black, showing his back to the audience. He turned around to face his company from across the bridge. It was a little hard to see in the distance, but the figure pulled the hood of his black coat away to reveal a familiar face. The aged, deceiving face grown with silver hair tied in a pony tail.

"Gatoa..." Naruto acknowledged.

"Gatoa..."

Karela landed direclty next to Kaneda and Naruto and stared at Gatoa with hate filled eyes. She reached down into her Kunai holster and then pulled out five Kunai knives, one for each finger.

She smiled a bloodthirsty smile at Gatoa and began walking toward him only to have Dai grab her and pull her back. "Not yet. He's too strong to take alone."

Karela nodded in agreement and then turned to look at Gatoa. "I've been looking forward to this for quite a while Gatoa. You have so many crimes to answer for."

Archived