Home

How much longer will the books last?

LordOfTheFish

• 3 weeks later...

You guys dont know what you're babling about. Seriously. Even with Traviss continuing the Republic Commando books starting with Imperial Commando: 501st they are still good.

I love them and Im not the only one. Ive just started reading True Colors cause Ive been busy catching up on my gaming.

She is excellent at writing the RC/IC novels. You guys dont know what you're talking about when you say she cant write and Im saying this as a RC/IC vet.

Im not meaning any offence.

And to answer your question they will last aslong as they have a decent story still going and lucas books wants it to.

But you guys need to ease off Traviss. Shes one of my favorite writers. She does excellent work on the RC/IC novels and she did great work on the 3 LotF books she did. You guys should take another look at her work.

Well thats my long rant/comment.

Later.

i agree B65 Traviss did a great job with the RC books and they prolly will continue as far as the game unless some miracle from heaven happens then there prolly wont be a RC 2 or IC or anything to that extent. Other than that yeah you guys should lay off traviss read some of her other novels and see if you like it if not then fine you are entitled to your opinion.

i agree B65 Traviss did a great job with the RC books and they prolly will continue as far as the game unless some miracle from heaven happens then there prolly wont be a RC 2 or IC or anything to that extent. Other than that yeah you guys should lay off traviss read some of her other novels and see if you like it if not then fine you are entitled to your opinion.

Traviss is an amazing author! You guys can't judge her when you haven't even read all her books. All the RC books have been great and I'm looking forward too IC when it comes out in september I think. But she is really a great author.

If you didn't like the RC books, try her Gears of War: Aspho Fields. That was a great novel!

Traviss is an amazing author! You guys can't judge her when you haven't even read all her books. All the RC books have been great and I'm looking forward too IC when it comes out in september I think. But she is really a great author.[/Quote]

Timothy Zahn is a great author. Traviss is not. I've read three of her books, and couldn't stand them.

She constantly falls back on hero-worship instead of actually, you know, writing an engaging story.

Her decision to kill off one of the best loved and well-developed EU characters was also terrible.

They may last, but that doesn't make her a good writer. I personally like Hard Contact a little, but not that much. Triple Zero bored me after the first hundred pages or so. I never got around to finishing it.

Well, there are some who like it, some who don't, opinions are like that:D Personally, I rather enjoyed the books, but I didn't like their rebellious attitude as Mandalorians, maybe that's just me, but I wouldn't mind being the Imperial Commander who burns their homes to the ground...

...after that statement, I think I know that that was just me...:D

Traviss is an amazing author! You guys can't judge her when you haven't even read all her books. All the RC books have been great and I'm looking forward too IC when it comes out in september I think. But she is really a great author.

If you didn't like the RC books, try her Gears of War: Aspho Fields. That was a great novel!

You cant judge how many of Traviss' book's we've read. Who says that I didn't read them all, huh? I didn't but never mind that, my point was stated.

Archived