Home

Star Wars: Second Rebellion

Tysyacha

Vtorym smiled slyly. "Relax. I wasn't thinking that the stakefield would come in handy immediately, if at all. I'm only saying that--" She felt her right temple throb. "You know what? Maybe you smugglers and you Sith have the right idea." She smoothed the worn blanket underneath her. "The whole reason the Jedi were all sent into exile is because of Darth Caedus, but as far as I can tell, none of the Jedi I've seen, even in passing, are remotely like him. The woman tried to help rescue me from the slavers, and that man, Draze? He seems all right, too. They're nothing like 'galactic terrorists'!

"I guess this proves how the Galactic Senate, more specifically the Cadre of Three, has overreacted to the situation. They banished some good people to the ends of the earth, and for what? To prevent the next Darth Caedus from coming to power? The way I see it, the Sith are still in power, without any fallen Jedi having come to lead them. The fault lies mainly with Kinta, and--"

Vtorym stood up, brandishing the makeshift blaster and pointing it at the door. "That's it. Keriz--you may be a smuggler, but you're the one who saved me from that Twi'lek and the Rodian. Sir?" she asked. "You defected from the Sith, and you haven't turned a blaster on me or anything like that. The slavers may have gotten me into this mess, but they're not the root cause. They're only tools, like droids, for some larger purpose--I know not what. The real blame is on my boss, who did absolutely nothing to try and rescue me. He didn't call a ship in to track down the slavers. He didn't try to pay the ransom. He didn't even contact the intergalactic authorities! All he did was play the same old tune of "we don't negotiate with terrorists", and that's that! He could have let me be sold as a slave, or burned as a human torch!"

She pressed the blaster to her lips. "I'm going to go back to Kinta--and I'm going to kill him." She looked Keriz in the eye. "That's the way to fix this."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Vtorym said really caught him off gaurd. Sure, he had killed countless people on the job, that's what mercs were, but high-level assassination. He had yet to try that.

"Well, he may be the problem, but killing him may cause something worse, are you sure on this decision?"

He wasn't questioning Vtorym, she'd trusted him this long, and if this was her decision, he would follow her whole-heartedly, but he wanted to know where this was coming from. She no doubt was deeply infuriated by the Senator, but there may be an even better solution than assassination.

"What do you mean, am I sure? Well, I'm...not." She sighed and obeyed when Keriz gave her a signal to stand down and hand him the blaster. "What else could we do? I think you're right that maybe assassinating one of the highest-profile Galactic Senators may not be the best of ideas, but I don't think he'll call off the exile, either. Unless...

"...unless the Sith show themselves, which they have." She thought for a moment.

Keriz smiled, he knew that there would be something better that would cause more damage than any bullet to the head. He didn't mean to sound contradicting to Vtorym, but he did want to make sure that she didn't make a choice that she would've regretted greatly, Keriz didn't want that to happen. He also knew that Vtorym was a very smart woman, and could easily come up with some way to foil her boss, and if Keriz was right, an attack of the man's reputation would work quite well, and the arrival of these Sith worked to that.

He then noticed that his gas mask was getting stuffy, so he quickly took it off, still smiling.

He let out a breath,"Well, that plan doesn't sound so bad, not bad at all. If we arrange this just right, the Jedi could be back, and you'll have some sweet vengeance. Clever..."

Keriz leaned back on the wall and relaxed.

"Killing a member of the senate? However you do it, the Jedi will recieve the blame. Making the Sith come out of hiding? That will put innocent planet's on the warpath. The only way for the Jedi to come out of Exile is simple, but unlikely. It's too late for the Order to be reformed, as the sentence has been carried. If the Jedi were to help the galaxy now, they would break their principle's and their code. They would also break the law." Kashrak knew full well that is was too late for such an action to have any real effect. It would take month's to reform the Order and when the Sith learnt of such movement's they would initiate a fullscale purge . . .

With the Jedi scattered and the population against them, a purge would be even easier than the second great purge. "It seem's to save the galaxy, we have to follow the law. The only way to do that? Have no more than two Jedi at our side. They cannot revoke the right of passage on a planet such as Dantooine, only the core world's. Know this much, I stand with you to the end, whatever it may be. I'm done with the Sith, I'm done with murder. If your 'senate' wishes to detain me, then they will have to use physical force, because I won't go down without a fight." Kashrak tried to summon the Jedi oath to memory, but he remembered no such thing.

He turned from the small room and stood in the doorway, leaning against the wall slightly. "Prepare to march, we leave in ten minute's." A nearby Captain nodded and moved to excecute the order. He turned back to Keriz and Vtorym. "No . . . that's it. We are going to Korriban." Kashrak was done with this small time defection, he would decimate the Sith's rank's or die trying.

Alli Keyfel walked around the ship for a while. She didn't see anything of great importance or anything of particular interest so she went into one of the crew cabins and sat upon the bed. She hadn't really figured out why she was going along with him, she was ordered by her master to kill him, to show the Jedi female how powerful of a reach Alli's master held. Alli had a feeling however that Draze sensed something inside her that didn't belong after all her years of training and used that against her. She slightly laughed thinking that Draze would of made a better Sith than Jedi.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door followed by Draze's voice "Hey, can I come in?"

"Yes" she said in a harsh tone. Alli wasn't completely positive as to why she was being so harsh towards him, maybe it was because she knew he was a Jedi and she was a Sith.

She watched as he walked in smiling at her. He pulled a chair out from under the desk and sat on it backwards, resting his arms across the top back end and resting his chin upon his arms. He looked at Alli moving his head from side to side in a rocking motion. He grew up from the little kid she knew, the blond streaks in his hair are more pronounced, his eyes a deep brown, his very feature made him seem to fit right in with the Jedi.

"I'm still poisoned huh?" he said to her smiling a little. It felt like it was almost as if he was trying to make it so she wouldn't worry. She didn't understand why she wasn't going to worry about him at all, or was she?

"I gave you the first treatment out of three. I have the second but..." Alli broke off feeling a little saddened "but my master as the final third one."

"Oh" Draze said "Well how long do the first two give me?"

Alli looked down at the ground intertwining her fingers together she responded "A year at the most. That's if you use minimal force powers. My master made this poison. I'm not sure what it consists of."

Draze moved his head this time nodding at her then his face turned into a happy smile. He leaned away from the back of the chair and stood up pushing the chair back under the desk. Draze turned back to her still wearing the smile "No sense crying over spilt ale." he started to laugh.

Before she could say anything Draze walked out of the room and back to the cockpit. What he said had hit her hard, she always thought she'd be the one to kill him. But now that she had a chance to understand his ways and might now lose that chance it left a hurt inside.

---------------------------------

Draze thumped back down into the pilots chair rubbing his eyes. Minimal force powers and he had a chance of living a year. He cracked up laughing deciding that if he was going to die by some force activated poison then he was going to use his powers when they were needed as much as they were needed. He refused to let other people control his life, and he could be a pretty suborn person.

"Guess I'm just going to have to work on repairing the bridge some other time" he said to himself as the ship came out of hyperspace showing Dantooine in view.

The ship rocked a little as it entered the planets orbit, but quickly settled down once it was on the planets surface. He guided the ship closer to the building he was near earlier. The mansion building that was now surrounded by Sith.

"I believe you need to work on your piloting skills Jedi" he heard Alli say from behind him.

"Sorry I didn't really get basic training in How to make sure you don't crash 101" he said sarcastically back to her.

The fact that the Sith forces were still here concerned Draze. It either meant that his friends were either captured or worse dead. He quickly walked passed Alli making her hair flow behind her and gently touch his face. He reached the cargo bay and lowered the ramp, removed the lightsaber from his side and walked down low. He was positive that the Sith saw the vessel land, he just hoped that they wouldn't put up much of a fight. He could sense that Alli was right behind him not really sure what to make of the situation.

A Soldier approached the vessel as it landed, moving to the landing ramp as it extended from the vessel's hull. "Ahh you must be the other Jedi the Captain was talking about." A moment later a uniformed officer without any Sith armour approached the Soldier, keeping his hand's behind his back and walking at a casual pace. "Ahh Master Hodrenn. I was informed you were coming. Welcome to Dantooine." The officer shifted his gaze to the Sith acolyte and then returned his gaze to Draze. "I was unaware that you kept that sort of person in your company." The officer sighed, cocking his head slightly.

A moment later a dozen Trooper's lined up along the ramp's exit, making a straight line to the building from the ramp. The officer signalled to a nearby Soldier in crimson armor and the unit rushed off to obey some unknown order. "If you would both just come with me and have a seat in the lounge, my superior and his companion's will speak with you in a moment." Just then three speeder bike's burst into view, hitting the break's as they span to dismount. A Soldier dismounted the lead bike and rushed to the Captain, giving him a salute as he halted.

"Sir, the perimeter is secure, however there is no sign of the Female Jedi you wished to speak to." The Captain nodded and absently waved a hand to the Soldier, who then saluted again and returned to his vehicle. As the Soldier shouted command's to his Scout Detatchment the Captain stroked his chin slowly. "Well I suppose we'd best be going in, it would be rude to keep them waiting."

------------------------------------------------------------------

A Soldier alerted Kashrak about the new arrival's and then led him into the lounge. "May I ask who his companion is?" The Soldier thought for a moment and shrugged. Kashrak sighed and waved a dismissive hand at the Soldier. He attempted a salute, but thought better of it and left. Kashrak sat down and removed his helmet, sipping at a small cup of Tarisian Ale.

Draze cocked his head slightly. What did that soldier mean by that kind of company? Draze felt like he should almost be insulted. Who he wanted to travel with was his business and no one else. Draze sighed slightly as he followed the soldier to the house.

"This day is just really strange." he wasn't going to deny that part. In fact he was pretty sure all of this was avoidable if he hadn't stopped to watch the spinning ship.

As Draze walked he placed his hands behind his head keeping his lightsaber firmly in his grasp. They walked into the lobby and he noticed another Officer sipping a drink. This was probably the person who wanted to talk to him, but at this point in the day nothing would really surprise him.

---------------------------------

Alli followed behind Draze noticing these Sith soldiers were acting strange. Why would they not attack the Jedi and his companions? Of course she had to laugh a little at herself because she was traveling with a Jedi herself. Once her master found out about this betrayal she was certain he would kill her instantly, and that thought killed her.

When they entered the lobby she recognized the officer but stayed silent at Draze's side.

"Ahh Master Draze." Kashrak replaced his helmet and stood, moving to shake his hand. "My battalion and I have been looking for you for some time. We wish to offer you our service's in fact." Kashrak didn't feel like conversing for hour's over pointless chatter, as getting to the point was so much more efficient.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Scout's zipped across the ridge, moving at top speed's and weaving around natural obsticle's. Scout-38 activated his comm as he moved over a large rock. "All unit's, form on my position and prepare to engage." The formation closed around 38, moving quickly to ensure that all avenue's of attack were secure. Scout-66 quickly moved to the side of 38 and checked his weapon system's. "Sir, squad ready." 38 nodded and tugged his control's left, rolling the bike twice as it shifted direction. The squad mimicked his manouever and quickly kept the formation intact. 66 quickly shifted his direction, moving right and going into an arc, flying out from the left flank. The squad did a 270 degree turn right, keeping behind 66's position. He quickly moved under a small bridge with the rest of the squad in tow, closing fast upon the position. A moment later a small camp materialized upon the horizon, occupied by pirate's.

They were loading a number of crate's onto an 'Interceptor MK-II Class Frigate'. The ship's engine radiated a violet light, but remained inactive. "Deactivate cloaking device's." The Pirate's noticed the appearance too late, as a salvo of plasma blast's rained down upon their position. The survivor's quickly moved behind nearby crate's, drawing their pistol's and returning fire. Those who were too slow were impaled upon the end of the speeder bike's, their bodies sent flying as the squad turned for a second volley. The Pirate's sped the loading process, covered by a small platoon of Merc Trooper's. The disruptor's they utilized were dead;y and expensive, but ineffective at such long range. Upon the second pass the squad slowed to a halt, dismounting and leaping from their vehicle's. 38 passed the squad as they formed a circle with their bike's, making a small fort in the center of the area. He threw a few gas grenade's into the fray, blasting their foes with gastly fume's.

He quickly returned a message to Kashrak, informing him of the assault's progress. He quickly returned his focus to the present, moving his bike slowly past the loading bay, grabbing a paticulary aggressive Tradonshan and throwing him over the front of the bike. A quick stun shot from a blaster put down any resistance, as 38 moved his bike to the other side of the ship. Meanwhilst 66 moved the squad onto the Ship, their Sith armour proving a key advantage over the Pirate's kevlar. Just as they were about to enter the cargo bay, the ship's engine's began to ignite. The squad quickly moved away, knowing that securing themselves would take far too long. The ship burst into the air, a Sith trooper who had moved too slowly dragged with it. A moment later he fell from the now-distant form, his frail body crashing upon a rock formation below. 66 sighed as he moved next to 38's side. "Sir, two casualties. We managed to plant an ion emitter on-board the ship." 38 nodded and drew out a detonator.

The ship came about, preparing to fire a cluster rocket at the defenseless Trooper's. 38 flicked the detonator and the ship was brought down almost instantly, it's system's failing from the ion blast. It came down quickly and it's nose ran into the ground upon impact. "Check the crash site for survivor's, load the rest of the crate's onto the transport. Within second's a large Cruiser emerged from cloak and landed next to the formation, it's loading bay already extended. A large amount of trooper's moved to assist in the loading process, as a Captain contacted Kashrak, informing him of the success.

---------------------------------------------

A moment later Kashrak's holo-viewer flashed three time's and projected a small image from his wrist. He listened to the muffled speech as static fuzzled the hologram, making the voice inaudible to both Draze and Alli. "Very good Captain, return once you are finished." The figure nodded and faded back into the wrist plate, Kashrak's attention returning to Draze. "Sorry about that."

Draze switched his lightsaber to his other hand and shook the commanders hand. Draze was certainly confused by the events that were happening. First he gets attacked by bounty hunters, then he runs into a spinning ship, then he gets dragged along to Dantooine, then to Korriban, now back to Dantooine to what lead an army. If he was going to agree to anything, which would seem highly unlikely considering today's events he would need more answers.

"What kind of Services? and Why me?" Draze asked as he took a seat signaling for Alli to sit next to him. He wasn't any leader, he wasn't even the best follower.

He did what he wanted because he wasn't bound by rules any longer. And now all these events seemed to want to drag him back into rules and regulations that he had to follow.

((Can we keep the OOC to PM's please? :) Thank's in advance, you might want to delete those spam post's))

After the crate's were loaded onto the frigate and safely carried back to the safe-house, the squad moved to a new destination. The speeder's moved across mile's in but a blur of motion as they held tight and moved through the countryside in formation. Within but a few minute's they had arrived at their next target, a small fort. It was currently used by the very same pirate's they had only a moment ago foiled and now they were on high alert. The base had a shield to prevent any large scale incursion's, so 38's squad was vital to success. The speeder bike's stopped just short of the enemies sensor range, abandoning their ride's in the nearby foliage. Moving through the cover of the long grass they advanced upon the base. They had to avoid certain sensor node's and patrol's, lest the base be alerted to their immediate presence. "Squad, here's the plan . . . 66, I want you to take 21 and 50, then I want you to draw them away from Alpha Bunker." He indicated a small position on his PDA. "We will infiltrate the bunker and disable the sensor network. After that we will have two minute's before the system reboot's and we are found." The group nodded approval and moved out to accomplish their individual task's.

38's retinue waited silently next to the entrance, awaiting 66's diversion. Meanwhilst 66 was slicing into a sensor pod, programming it to emit a disturbance beacon. The trigger gave them 30 second's to clear the sensor range, otherwise the plan would be for nothing. The sensor node sounded and a group of armed personnel sprinted from the bunker, leaving it vulnerable to attack. 38 moved in and began to crosswire the transmission signal, overloading it with false message's and encryption's. The system crashed almost immediately, leaving the area vulnerable. The personnel returned, just in time to see 38 finish the job. Immediately they advanced upon the seemingly alone individual, only to be ambushed a moment later. They were all either blasted or rendered incapacitated. They immediately moved outside for pickup, awaiting a gunship. It arrived a minute later and quickly moved them onto the fort's far wall. The gunship escaped just in time to avoid the sensor reboot, allowing the group to enter undetected.

After infiltrating the HQ they initiated a override procedure, causing the defense system's to open fire upon the pirate's immediately. Within second's a dozen gunship's had landed within the vicinity, all rushing to engage their now defenselss enemies. The fort was captured within the next few minute's, a very efficient job with minimal casualties. The result's gave Kashrak's company a place to set up base and work from, a very good target.

----------------------------------------------------

"Why you? Because you, Draze Hodrenn, are a Jedi. A very skilled Jedi at that, long have we watched you from the shadow's. Your companion, Alli, is not unknown to us either. We have alot of source's, as a coup on this scale take's a huge amount of planning. The Sith were a mistake . . . a big mistake." Kashrak put two finger's to his earpiece as a message came through, albeit troubled by static. "Good. The pirate's in this sector are closed down. Initiate a sweep in the immediate area around the fort and re-program the sensor grid."

He gestured too two nearby Soldiers, again adorning crimson armour. "You two, take the company and rendevouz at Checkpoint Alpha, I will call for pick-up later." They saluted and rushed off and within the next few minute's the sound of marching and gunship's taking off drowned out most noise's. "So Draze, do you accept our service? Or do you walk away . . . ?"

((Feel free to visit Kerlaya any of you, she isn't inactive at all))

Draze sat there moving his lightsaber back and forth between his hands. He had no interest of leading any type of army. He didn't really have any interest in taking part in any war. His plan was just to become a simple smuggler, doing what he wanted when he wanted. For him there was no greater peace then following his own set of rules and that was be straight forward and honest no matter the cost.

"In all honest 'commander' I don't see where I would fit in your plan. You seem to have everything under control on your own. If your planing a war against the Sith, then you certainly don't need me for it."

Draze leaned forward holding his lightsaber tightly in both hands. This whole situation was bothering him. The force it seemed wouldn't let him just live a simple life. He was happy to have Alli back in his life, and he would do what he needed for her but he had planed his life to be severely different. Draze raised his gaze to meet the commanders eyes.

"And for the record I was a Jedi, then we were exiled. I don't follow by they're code any longer. You and your men can do what ever you feel like, what you do will have little effect upon me"

Keriz was slightly surprised by the Sith's abrupt statement and departure.

"Well, obviously, our Sith friend did not pay attention to what we said. He wants to cause some damage in his own way, so who are we to stop him?"

He slid forward and stood from the bed.

He looked to Vtorym,"Well, we're stuck together until we handle the problem, where do you suggest we start?"

"I suggest...hmm. There's a Senate outpost here on Dantooine, in the ruins of Khoonda. They're not sure to know you, and perhaps we can warn them that the Sith have shown themselves. Usually, the only people at the outpost are staffers and whatnot."

Keriz nodded,"That would be a good place to start. And thank you, it may be better if they didn't know who I am, it would make our situation much more difficult."

Keriz re-slung his rifle and stretched for a second.

Another thing came to mind,"Before we go, is there anything you need here? I'm not sure if we're going to return here soon, so we best be prepared."

Vtorym shook her head. "I don't think so." She and Keriz headed out of the safe house.

Khoonda was a building that had been constructed and re-constructed many times over, to the dismay of many a taxpayer on Dantooine. Nevertheless, it was considered a historical site, and it was kept open as a Galactic Senate operation center and outpost. It was here that minor Senate personnel kept watch over the daily goings-on of all the farmers, laborers, and other insignificant galactic dwellers. It was also here that Vtorym set her sights on a familiar face, or at least somewhat familiar...

"Can I help you?" asked a staffer amiably.

"Brianna?" asked Vtorym. "I can't believe you got sent out here..."

Keriz shadowed Vtorym not too far away. He had put on his gas mask again, if there was any here who could recognize him, the mask would throw them off. He merely watched the perimeter and made sure Vtorym was safe, she probably knew more than he did on the procedures of a facility like Khoonda.

He then decided to stop being paranoid and just stand next to Vtorym, he didn't know what he found so scary about that prospect, she was after all quite...

Keriz shook the thought off, he was here to help, he'd need to focus. He walked over to Vtorym and observed the situation.

The senator called Brianna raised an eyebrow. "Vtorym Rtasi...is it really you? I thought that you were based out of Coruscant," she said. "Assistant to Senator Kinta?"

"That it is," replied Vtorym, "and the reason why I'm not on Coruscant right now is that it involves a long story featuring slavers, a battered freighter, and...my comrade here." She gestured toward the masked figure with her. "Brianna? This is Keriz," she announced.

"So you were featured on the holovids!" Brianna cried, her eyes wide. "Hello to both of you. Why haven't you reported back in to your boss yet? He's surely worried about you."

"Not so much," replied Vtorym. "He didn't do anything to try and rescue me."

Keriz nodded to Brianna on the other side of the desk.

He was going to say something, but decided that he should leave this to Vtorym, she'd be more able to communicate than Keriz, this was very nearly her type of work.

He chuckled silently at the thought and continued playing the quiet friend in the background.

Kashrak laughed. "Your still a Jedi, whether you'll admit it or not." He refitted his helmet and rose, moving to the doorway. "If your going to hide from yourself then go ahead, I have no authority to stop you." Kashrak quickly mounted a Speeder bike left behind by his squad and moved at fullspeed to Khoonda. He stopped a mile short and deposited his bike in a bush of sort's, along with his armour. After drawing on his Commando kit he deposited a blaster in the holster and advanced toward's to looming sight.

A few moment's later he arrived to find Vtorym and Keriz here, though he doubted they would recognise him without the armour or voice modulator. He leant against the wall whilst he awaited them to finish their task.

------------------------------------------------------

The squad waited in the center of the forest for further order's, all the whilst setting up a temporary camp. The men set about making sensor probe's and a relay tower, whilst other's moved about pulling up tent's and heater's. A small group including 38 sat around off duty, chatting idly about random topic's. "Good job guy's, any new's about the Commander?" 38 shook his head. "I think he's gone to Khoonda station, but that's about as much as I know." 25 moved over to 38 and company, quickly seating himself upon a crate. "Yeah that's right, unfinished buisness they say." 66 cocked his head as he examined the squad. "What buisness is it to you what our Commander does?"

38 laughed slightly as he shifted his gaze to 66. "We're off duty you know, a little idle gossip won't do us any harm." 66 shrugged his word's off and sighed. "Still, it's a bit rude to be nosing about the Commander's life." 25 thought for a moment. "Well, I guess your kinda right. But we're not on about his personal life are we? Just some idle chatter." 66 nodded and turned away, defeated. 90 quickly moved to 38's side, tapping him on the shoulder slightly. He gestured to a nearby empty seat and 38 nodded. 90 quickly seated himself and engaged in the idle chatter. All of the squad had removed their armour by now, replacing it with their casual uniform. All still had a blaster rifle at their side's, deactivated just in case.

A few guard droid's lumbered about, carrying out patrol's and routine check's. For the most part the squad was simply chatting, though a few still set up the camp. A few minute's later and the entire squad was around the plasma heater, chatting and discussing point's of interest and tactic's.

Draze sighed and shook his head,he wasn't going to argue with some one who didn't know him that well. He was better at avoiding pointless arguments if at all possible. Since his exile Draze had meditated a lot upon what being a Jedi meant, and since the Republic felt the need to exile the Jedi it certainly wasn't really meant to protect them. But he supposed if the Republic asked for they're help Draze would do his best to defend them. He laughed slightly wondering if the Jedi did help the Republic out of a mess, would they only end up sending them into exile again.

Draze shrugged at himself "Well no sense sticking around here." he turned to Alli and waved his hand as he stood up "Come there is some one I want you to meet."

If anyone could help Alli understand what it meant to be a servant of the light it would be Kerlaya. Of course so far she has made her self scarce during current events, but she was still near by. Draze with Alli in tow wandered into the garage where they found Kerlaya attempting to meditate.

"Kerlaya" he said with a devilish smile waving "Don't mean to distribute you. But I'd really like you to meet some one."

Archived