Home

Star Wars: Second Rebellion

Tysyacha

"None that I can think of, save some bruises that will end up the size of a continent."

Vtorym winked, giving Keriz a look that said, What's that buzzing noise?

She sat back and relaxed, falling into a doze, which she needed badly...*good night!*

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keriz was slightly confused at Vtorum's wink at first, but he understood quickly and stood, walking out of the pod.

"Good night. If you need anything, give a shout."

Keriz walked to the bridge and activated the comm.

"I copy you Draze Hodrren. No, I think we have the situation handled, but there may be a problem on the freigher over here. I remember seeing a Jedi, she may need help, she's not on the best of terms with the crew. If you wished to handle that, then I suggest a rendenzous somewhere on-planet. Give me your traveling coordinates, and we'll meet there. We can have introductions later. If you decide to help the Jedi and need support, give me a call. I'll be here."

Keriz let out a slow breath and deactivated the comm, he then slumped into the command chair. He stared into space for a time, completely exhausted after handling a large mission on Tatooine, and now this one. He closed his eyes and decided to wait and rest until Draze's response.

After a while Draze received a response over the comm. He figured he wouldn't get a response right away since he contacted them as soon as the pod landed in the hold. But what he heard was certainly in its own way a surprise.

"I copy you Draze Hodrren. No, I think we have the situation handled, but there may be a problem on the freighter over here. I remember seeing a Jedi, she may need help, she's not on the best of terms with the crew. If you wished to handle that, then I suggest a rendezvous somewhere on-planet. Give me your traveling coordinates, and we'll meet there. We can have introductions later. If you decide to help the Jedi and need support, give me a call. I'll be here."

Another Jedi? all responsible part of him said to just let the other Jedi handle the situation on they're own he was sure they could handle it. But if it was some young padawan who hadn't completed their training then this could be a very bad situation. Draze sighed as he pushed down the button sending another message to the ship.

"Yea, I'll go take a look. Just to make sure the Jedi didn't become a nice wall patter on the ship interior. And I didn't really have a course, it's basically where ever I ended up. So if you have any idea's, just send the coordinates to my ship."

Draze leaned over the chair he was sitting in and pulled his bag into his lap. He reached his hand in pulling out his lightsaber, he had hopped he wouldn't need this again. But if that particular Jedi fell to the Dark Side, then he felt better safe then sorry.

He piloted his ship closer to the freighter and hacked into the systems computer. He got the loading ramp to extend and connect to his ship. Draze calmly walked out onto the loading ramp and onto the other vessel. He could hear sounds of combat not to far. He found the other Jedi on the bridge handling herself quite well.

"Well definitely not a Padawan." he mumbled to himself as he watched. He leaned against the door frame watching the Jedi fight. As he watched he faced his palm towards the ceiling hovering his lightsaber slightly above his hand in boredom.

Kerlaya thrust forward, distracting him. She then quickly connected her foot to the Rodian's chest, then pulled him as he went back. Then she knew what she had to do. Drawing her lightsaber skyward, she thrust it up, letting solar wind's sink into the atmosphere. Within second's she was pulled from the corridor, leaving the breach wide open. Her fighter moved to catch her, sealing the cockpit as she hit. "T3. Signal for that ship to follow us . . . both of them." T3 chimed as he programmed a message to the other ship's, requesting that they follow Kerlaya's course.

She quickly set the navi-computer to Dantooine, her ship being flung into hyperspace. The entire frame shook as she increased speed, trying to come out of hyperspace directly above her estate, just outside of the atmosphere. She succeeded and pulled her control's into the automatic slot, setting the autopilot to guide her ship into the hangar. As the fighter glided just in front of the hangar she jumped from her seat, landing at the cliff-edge just below the structure. With two small leap's she was next to the structure, her palm shielding her eye's from the sunlight.

Keriz's comm chimed again.

He awoke from his light sleep and activated it.

He had just recieved a message from...the freighter?

The Jedi, He thought.

He read the message quickly and began activating the hyperdrive and programmed a course to Dantooine. It seemed like a good idea, an area on the Outer Rim, little to no contact with the vaunted New Republic, maybe more so with the Second Rebellion, but Dantooine still had to be safe ground.

He then sent a copy of the message to Draze's ship, just in case he did not recieve one.

Keriz punched in the coordinates.

Before the freighter could jump into hyperspace Draze quickly ran back to his ship and jumped into the pilots seat. When he looked down at the council he had received messages from both ships giving him the coordinates to Dantooine. He smiled and laughed a little, thinking that they really wanted him to follow. He hoped if anything that he never met the other Jedi before, and if he has well then he hoped he didn't get a speech on the lure of the Dark Side. Last thing he wanted from anyone was a lecture.

He punched in the coordinates and jumped into to hyper space. He landed his ship in a field not to far from the freighter and the other vessel. Draze lowered the docking ramp and walked off the ship. The air was nice and refreshing. He knew he could enjoy this planet as long as nothing tried to kill him. He flung his bag containing his lightsaber over his shoulder and started walking.

He reached a structure with a woman standing next to it. Draze didn't really pay her much attention, if she was the one who sent the coordinates she'll ever make it known or ignore him all together. He sat down upon the ground leaning his back against the structure and placing his bag at his side. So far he rated the day as a pretty eventful day.

"Draze Hodrren I assume. So, your a Jedi also." Kerlaya turned her attention to her companion. "I am Kerlaya Honz, Jed Knight of the New Order, Sentinel and Veteran of Soresu, the Third Form." She offered him a bow, having replaced her robe's inside the fighter. "Welcome to my Estate and home. You are free to remain here as long as need be and if you wish to take up residence that would be fine." She would of spoke less formal, but realized that she would set a bad example to one that appeared to be a Jedi. Perhap's if she ever knew him better, she would speak as such. But not today.

The ship was in transit, maybe only five minutes out from the coordinates given.

Keriz considered waking Vtorym, but thought better of it, someone who'd been through what she had would definately want some rest. He'd wake her when they made it planetside.

Finally, the ship broke out of hyperspace above the green planet of Dantooine.

He took the controls and began piloting the ship towards the coordinates highlighted on his radar.

It only took a matter of minutes, and The Penetrator landed next to the other two ships assembled at what looked to be an estate.

Keriz sighed and stood, he looked around the area and then went to go wake up Vtorym.

Draze ran the Jedi name threw his mind, but nothing came to mind. He found it amusing that she was speaking to him so formally. Another who followed the code blindly with formality. Draze wasn't really one for formality, in fact he'd rather let people see who he really was instead of the image is was forced to portray.

"Yea, that be me. Formally a Jedi Knight Guardian. But now I'm just me doing what ever I can to survive."

He looked around the estate for a moment, the place was big enough and appeared to be out of the way of any major city or town. The place got classified as boring and uneventful in his mind.

"By the way nice place you got here" he said while knocking on the side of the building.

Feri arrived Dantooine approximately half and hour, he was working on his ship with his R3 unit when he saw this ship arrive, he sensed something akward.

"Hmmm, I sense something strange heading this way."- Feri thought saying it loud. Feri knew that Dantooine can be a pretty bad place for a Jedi, since they are not suppost to be on Republic space so he decided to hide his lightsaber on his ship, The Akareos, "R3 here,take my lightsaber and place it on the secret compartment."- Feri ordered the robot as he answered with beeping sounds. "Let us hope nothing bad happens"-Feri said.

She noticed the other ship land, the one carrying the Human. The sound of a door opening caught her gaze, as R2 emerged from the garage main door, a speeder bike in tow. She nodded thankfully and climbed on. "You can make full use of the facilities here as need request's. I will be back within the hour, if you need anything just ask HK." Kerlaya nodded toward's the Silver Plated Droid and then zipped off the cliff edge, speeding eastward's. She was still within view when another speeder bike emerged from the foliage. The rider manouevered toward's her, with an obvious purpose. He quickly rammed her side, trying to force her into a tree. She moved left with the push, dodging the tree with ease. The other rider did not relent, drawing out a vibrospear as he moved in for a second strike. She retaliated in kind, drawing her lightsaber and igniting it through the plasma generator's on the side of her bike. She then rammed the exposed the generator to the other rider's leg' stunning him momentarly. The shift of focus caused him to narrowly miss a tree stump. She immediately flew up and reversed direction, heading back into view of the estate.

The other rider dissappeared momentarily, only to return with two other Hunter's. One was equipped with a vibroblade, the other a steel whip. The original Hunter thrust the spear into the back of Kerlaya's speeder and came close to inflicting injury upon Kerlaya herself. She quickly moved upside down, slashing at the underside of his speeder. Within second's the bike overheated, blasting the rider and catapulting him into a tree. She then span and grabbed a tree, rotating her bike as to come at the other's from the side. She directly smashed into the side of one of the Hunter's, his vibroblade slashing at her. The other jumped from her mount, bringing her whip to bear against the Jedi.

Meanwhilst a Sniper sat in the foliage adjacent to the hangar, his beam rifle steadied as he slowed his breath's. The beam now sat over Kerlaya's head, as he waited with purpose.

Back in the forest edge the Kerlaya struggled against the survivor's. Within second's she had destroyed the whip, it's petty design having little against a lightsaber. The Rider herself had now drew a pistol, trying to stun her as she fought with the main Hunter. He quickly took a swipe at his leg, throwing him off balance. She drew off his hood to reveal another Droid and she had no qualm's with burying her blade in it's chest. The female kept up her salvo, trying to catch Kerlaya off guard. She had picked the wrong weapon, as Soresu was a formidable defense against a blaster. Then a beam erupted into her leg, fired by the Sniper. Kerlaya dropped her lightsaber and fell to her knee's, her leg contorted in an obvious display at agony. The Hunter on the ground quickly drew out an energy net, throwing it over Kerlaya as she tried to heal the wound. At first she had success, but the net seemed to prevent her abilities.

The smell of Yslamari gave the game away, as they were known to project force immune sphere's. The net seemed to be made out of cortosis weave and coated in a Yslamari product. The Hunter quickly unleashed a salvo of blaster fire into Kerlaya's back, causing her to black out. She smiled triumphantly, having gained a valuable prize. She quickly brought out a holo-projector and a cloaked figure emerged from the disc.

The figurestared at her from under his hood, the darkness enshrowding him being no natural product. "Do you have her?" The Hunter nodded. "Unfortunately we lost--" The hooded figure hissed in spite. "I care little for your 'friends' death. Just make sure the cargo arrive's intact and unspoiled . . . so I may have the pleasure of destroying her myself." The figure spoke with such venom, such evil. The Hunter deactivated the holo-projector, disturbed by her client's word's. She looked nervously at the Jedi, wondering if she was simply feigning her state. The net was supplied by her 'client' so she had no idea as to what properties it possessed. She expected poison, but then realised that her client truly wanted this one alive and well.

She switched her blaster back to stun and took another shot at the fallen Jedi, reassuring herself that she was rendered incapacitated. She nodded to the Sniper, who remained hidden in the foliage. After securing her prize to the land speeder stashed nearby, she at last wondered what her client wanted this one for. To offer such a high price, she must be valuable . . .

The Hunter then experienced a strange feeling of danger and looked to see the Sniper aiming at Kerlaya's head. The comm buzzed to life. "Now I shall have vengeance . . ."

The female Hunter's comm chip malfunctioned, killing her instantly as it unleashed violet ray's across her body. Kerlaya opened her eye's slowly, to recognise the Sniper as the Hunter she had let go free earlier. "Draze . . ."

Kerlaya closed her eye's, trying to warn Draze about the Hunter, telling him to save himself and the other's by leaving, fast. She gave in to the strain of her effort's and allowed darkness to claim her.

Vtorym awoke on a strange vessel and a strange planet, redolent with the scent of fresh air and a hint of bantha dung. Where am I? she thought, rubbing her eyes. She brushed down her wrinkled bodysuit and sniffed under her arms daintily--it had been at least a day, maybe two, since she had a decent bodyscrub in the refreshers. Shrugging her shoulders and feeling a tautness in them, she clambered out of Keriz' vessel and saw him standing with a group of others, Jedi included.

Oh, no! thought the First Assistant to Senator Doran Kinta. If my boss ever finds out I'm here, that would be bad enough, but I can't be seen associating with galactic terrorists! The Jedi were sent into exile for good reason, because as we all know through our thrilling interactions with Darth Caedus, he was once a Jedi, too. Vtorym debated whether or not to go back inside the ship, but she decided against it. She would wander off somewhere and call Senator Kinta on the comlink, and have him arrange a transport for her back to Coruscant. Too late--someone spotted her!

Draze sat there with his eyes closed until he felt a disturbance. Slowly he stood up shaking his head. He reached his hand into his bag and pulled out his lightsaber. He turned around to face the HK unit Kerlaya had left behind. Silver plated nothing to fancy but right now he wasn't going to be to picky.

"Well" Draze said to the HK unit "It appears your master has gotten herself into quite a perdicumint. Don't suppose there is another speeder bike laying around some where?"

"Certainly." the HK unit responded and headed into a near by garage pulling out a speeder bike.

Draze quickly forced jumped onto the speeder bike and started it. He shouted so that anyone else in ear shot could hear "Get back on the ship it will be safer there."

With saying that Draze headed to the forest following Kerlaya presence. She was still alive but something was different. He wasn't one to leave people behind, he learned that lesson once and he really didn't feel like learning that again. When Draze arrived it appeared as if Kerlaya was laying on the ground unconscious from appearance surrounded by dead droids and hunters.

Draze put a hand on Kerlaya's shoulder and shook her gently "Hey, this isn't a place for beauty sleep. Wake up, come on."

He could sense another presence near by but he wasn't going to show that he knew to who ever was watching. One thing Draze knew about himself, other always underestimated him.

Vtorym looked around the expansive landscape of Dantooine, impressed by its beauty and serenity in the midst of the utter chaos that was her life right now. She reached into the pocket of her bodysuit uniform and found her comlink, but unfortunately, all of her present ordeals had damaged it beyond repair. She sighed regretfully, kicking herself for not buying the most advanced model from CommuniTech. Senators' assistants were supposed to have good comlinks, and hers was, although it had not stood up to being assaulted, kidnapped, thrown around a spinning ship, and being rescued thereafter.

She spotted Keriz a few feet ahead. "Would you care to introduce me to your friends?"

Keriz watched the scene in front of him, trying his best to analyze whatever happened to the Jedi.

He heard Vtorym from behind, and he looked back and smiled.

"Ahh, it is good to see you up and about. To be honest, I do not know these people, and the situation has probably not approved for them. But my guess is that the man over there..." Keriz pointed to the man who was standing over the Jedi, "..is Draze Hodrren. Might as well introduce ourselves."

He began walking towards Draze and motioned for Vtorym to follow.

Vtorym followed Keriz toward the man he called "Draze", or more specifically, the Jedi he called Draze. Technically, she was supposed to report sightings of all Jedi to her employer in the Galactic Senate, to monitor their exile and make sure that the Knights would not regroup and re-establish the Order. If her comlink had not been destroyed through its maltreatment, and if the Jedi had not helped to rescue her, the Senator's assistant would have done so immediately. However, she held off on doing so and asking Keriz to return her to Coruscant. The Jedi had saved her life, after all, or at least saved her from a life of slavery. She wondered how her two alien captors were doing now...

"Keriz?" she asked. "Erm, Draze? My name is Vtorym Rtasi, and as you've probably heard on all the holovids from here to the Unknown Regions, I'm the First Assistant to Galactic Senator Doran Kinta. I'm sure you're quite...familiar with him." She smiled wryly, sure that Draze, being a Jedi, would not find that "joke" very funny. "Some slavers got it into their ferrocrete skulls that it would be a good idea to kidnap me and try to hold me for ransom. If Senator Kinta, my boss, didn't come up with five million credits in a hurry, then they'd sell me on the black market as a slave on Tatooine. That's my story. What's yours?" she asked, to Keriz as well as to Draze, "other than you've had more than your share of adventure over the past twenty-four hours?" She smiled.

Keriz sighed, "Well, I don't have much to tell...I'm a part-time smuggler, full-time mercenary. I was handling a rather interesting mission on Tattooine, and after finishing it, I heard about your predicament, and since you were near, I decided to help the galactic community."

Keriz went into a quieter tone,"Also, would it be alright if you did not inform your superiors that I helped you, I'm not on the best of terms with them, and they would reprimand you severly for letting me get away."

Keriz let out a breath and looked back down at the Jedi, the one on the ground.

"So, what happened to her?"

"I don't know," Vtorym said, "but if she was the Jedi who tried to help me escape from the Captain's Adventure, then she got in a fight with my captors and five hostile assassin droids wielding flamethrowers. I'm not surprised that she's on the ground," mused the Senator's assistant. She made a quick survey of the woman's body--light hair, closed eyes, standard white and brown Jedi robes. She sensed a calm, healing energy within her.

Keriz shook his head,"Hmpf. I wonder why these assassins came, and who sent them."

His military instinct kicked in.

"We should not be standing in the middle of a field like this. Find cover and stay there, I'm sure there may be more of these assassins. If they think we are friends of this Jedi, they will definately fire upon as well."

Keriz broke into a crouch, wielding his rifle, and thne he moved into the tall grass, putting on his gas mask as he moved.

Draze stayed bent down by Kerlaya,trying to get an exact position of the sniper who was watching them. It was difficult it felt like something was blocking his senses. Momentarily his sight was brought to the Senators assistant and he formed a grin. His first thought had to be getting these two to safety. Since the exile Draze hadn't been one for following the Jedi code to the exact letter but he would make an exception this time. Draze moved closer to the mercenary and whispered in his ear, making sure no one else could here what he had to say.

"Take our assistant friend back to the building not to far form here" Draze points to the speeder bike he used to get here "use that thing. It will be the only building you'll see. There should be a silver HK unit standing on the property. There is danger here, I sense it."

Draze crouched back over to Kerlaya and started to pick her up over his shoulder. Staying here meant more killing, and he had a better chance of protecting everyone in the little house that Kerlaya seemed to have created for herself. At least as this moment thats what he was hoping for.

Keriz nodded, he then checked the clip on his blaster rifle and slung it over his shoulder.

He moved towards Vtorym.

He put a hand on her shoulder and made eye contact, he then twitched his head in the direction of the small house, sort've saying, "Follow me."

He began moving through the grass towards the house.

Vtorym followed Keriz, her heart starting to race again. She thought that she heard the word "assassins" whispered on the breeze of Dantooine. If they were after the Jedi, either Draze or the mysterious woman who was lying supine in the grass, that meant only one thing: trouble. She had thought that since all the members of the Order had been sent into exile, the problems with annoying bounty hunters and assassins would stop for good. Since this was clearly not the case, she began to realize that perhaps the plans of the Cadre of Three were misguided, if not outright wrongheaded.

Still, with the Jedi scattered to the four winds, there had been no Sith attack since the war with Darth Caedus. This would make sense--if there were no centralized galactic target for the Sith, if that threat had been eliminated or at least mitigated through mass exile, then what would the Sith want with everyone else who wasn't a Jedi? More corpses? Even the Sith weren't that stupid. Darth Caedus had chosen his followers--and his servants--well.

She followed Keriz inside the safe house, wondering about their next move.

Feri sense the danger around, he went running to his ship to get his lightsaber and went straight to the field, he kept his lightsaber inside his cloth where it could not be seen and he took his blaster out. He saw at the distant two persons, he kept his distance as he saw the people. “hmm there’s something wrong here” Feri thought “ I will keep my eye on dose two.” He saw as they went to a near house and entered.

Keriz bashed out a window with his rifle, he then took cover under it.

He steadied his breathing, and checked the surroundings, scouting out any alternate entrances and escape roots.

Something came to his mind.

He unzipped a small pouch on his shoulder, taking out a small metal piece. He then did the same with a pouch on his knee, arm, leg, back, and neck. He snapped all of the pieces together, and just like that, he had a blaster. He was immediatley thankful for his creative mind. He took out a clip of ammunition and loaded it.

He looked to Vtorym, "Here...catch."

He made sure the safety was on, and he tossed the small blaster.

"You'll need a weapon."

He scrunched down under the window, breathing slowly and waiting.

Draze kept Kerlaya proped up against him in the tall grass continuing his search for the sniper who was still in hiding as well. If she was his target he wasn't about to leave her alone. He knew that shacking her would be a bad idea, with the tall grass it would give away they're position. He started to think of what he could do, whats the one thing a Jedi Female would hate most. He laughed slightly at himself, he had trouble understanding regular women let alone one sensitive in the force.

"Kerlaya, ohhh Kerlaya" he whispered softly in her ear "It's time to get up. We have training to do. Your master wishes to see you."

He hoped that she'd be one to respond to a Jedi Masters summons since she was so formal with him earlier. This whole situation was nerve racking, the Jedi were in exile and being hunted. Did the senator higher bounty hunters to try to take out the Jedi? or was this the Sith doing?

Draze wanted answers and so far his only source for those answers waited for him back inside Kerlaya's house. If this was the senators doing he had lost his mind completely, trying to destroy the one thing that could defend the galaxy from destruction.

Archived