Home

(k1) Taris middle city

disbeliever

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should throw in my response here too. This is an excellent effort to keep Taris alive, maybe sometime in the future we will see a mod with a whole new planet like this. That would be awesome.

Best mod ever!

I did module placing, and I can just say: That's not all. There's missing a lot.

Relax:) I know you did allot more work. However, when I tried to decompile your updated MOD file, and put my updated ARE file in it, the program kept crashing compiling it. Not sure why.

Just to get updated screenshots out to show people, I just cut allot out of the MOD file temporarily.

I will send you the updated model files and ARE file, and you can put it with all the work you have been doing.

Sound good?

To all the suggestions about it being darker. I shall lighten the light effect a bit and play around with it. Every scan and screenshot I saw of the middle city showed it bright and alive with clear views of the sky. I will make some of the towers much taller though, good idea.

With Quanons help I am going to work ongetting shadows into the area also. And SithSpector is helping out with getting moving air ships flying through the area :)

I will just jump in and remind you that both people should be creating the git, area, and other files in the same format, ex: xp-compatible or vista.

If you have one using a gff program in vista and the other is using xp there could be issues which would cause the mod file to crash.

I know this from experience. :mad:

Build all files with all programs in same operating program settings, ideally xp compatible.

If you have any questions just PM.

Logan

Relax:) I know you did allot more work. However, when I tried to decompile your updated MOD file, and put my updated ARE file in it, the program kept crashing compiling it. Not sure why.

Just to get updated screenshots out to show people, I just cut allot out of the MOD file temporarily.

I will send you the updated model files and ARE file, and you can put it with all the work you have been doing.

Sound good?

To all the suggestions about it being darker. I shall lighten the light effect a bit and play around with it. Every scan and screenshot I saw of the middle city showed it bright and alive with clear views of the sky. I will make some of the towers much taller though, good idea.

So you cut some things for the screenshots. Ok, we can keep somthing secret;).

I will just jump in and remind you that both people should be creating the git, area, and other files in the same format, ex: xp-compatible or vista.

If you have one using a gff program in vista and the other is using xp there could be issues which would cause the mod file to crash.

I know this from experience. :mad:

Build all files with all programs in same operating program settings, ideally xp compatible.

If you have any questions just PM.

Logan

Hmm... I have a xp, do you have a vista, disbeliever?

Edit: Th others are right, use less chessboard texure.

With Quanons help I am going to work ongetting shadows into the area also. And SithSpector is helping out with getting moving air ships flying through the area :)

That depends on how fast Magnus can gives an updated Kaurora.

And then I'll need to learn to work with this stuff myself first, no doubt

it won't be a smooth ride from the start.

So don't halt your progress because of this: I haven't halted my big project on it :)

Ofcourse I'll try to help you out anyway I can.

Archived