Home

Cheats won't work in KOTOR for Vista

Taak Farst

I'm running on Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 32-bit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first time I have installed kotor on vista

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem: I have added EnableCheats=1 to swkotor.ini as usual and saved it in the kotor directory. I pressed the button i normally press to enable them (the one with ¬) and nothing happened. I then tried the @ and ~ keys, but nothing happened. MariusFett suggested I hold down shift when I press them, as he had to when he was on vista - i tried and nothing happened.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

TSL's cheat console is invisible.. you won't be able to see the cursor (like KotOR). Unfortunately, you have to type blind and hope for the best. :(

Ah I know, but my problem is in KOTOR 1 - and to the post above chainz - I did run as administrator.

DOH! Sorry about that..hehe - Cz

Ah I know, but my problem is in KOTOR 1 - and to the post above chainz - I did run as administrator.

On KOTOR folder, is there a folder called compatiblity folder or something? If so see if theres a .ini in there, and edit that.

You need to right click on the folder, select properties and then security.

You'll then need to give yourself permissions to edit all files (allow user I believe)

that *might* work.

Already have that right according to the security properties :D

I can't mod or use hardly any mods with out cheats - i disappointed :'(

Off-topic a mo

Chainz i ccant get on to the thread that tells u how to start folding for team lfn - because my internet is being bad :'( please can u give a quick run thru?

PM Sent :) - Cz

• 1 month later...

Only real cheat that mattered (after discovering mods and KSE) from the console was the turbo cheat. I was able to play both games w/Vista, but couldn't get turbo cheat to work (and that really slowed the game too much for me). However, they didn't run nearly as smoothly as w/XP and so I haven't really played either game much since last summer.

Archived