Home

Hentai

kipperthefrog

There are people posting internet websites depicting trademarked characters nude or in adult situations. In some art sites, some of the artists there depict artistic nudes of their Warcraft characters. In some sites, they show Harry Potter, Beowulf, and celebrities.

Some say the copyriht owners sue, but others say as long as your not making money off it, they sonsider it parody and fan art, so they are not concerned so they won't sue.

personally, i like the hentai, and you see plenty of it, but is this leagal?

personally, i like the hentai, and you see plenty of it, but is this leagal?

I think you answered your own question, did you not? You just said it is considered fan art and lawsuits seem to be rather ineffective.

Also, this is one of the more odd threads that I've ever posted in.

_EW_

I think you answered your own question, did you not? You just said it is considered fan art and lawsuits seem to be rather ineffective._

I was wondering which was right. I drew such fan art myself, btw.

Also, this is one of the more odd threads that I've ever posted in.

_EW_

why?

It's mind-bending. You start by asking whether hentai of copyrighted material is legal or not, mention that it isn't because it falls under fan art/non-profit, and then ask again if it is legal.

In other words, wth?

^^That. Plus, it's not even a controversial topic.

_EW_

Well, considering its background, I would say so long as certain considerations are taken...why not? Knock yourself out.

You're an H artist? Good for you. :naughty:

I don't think from a copyright viewpoint that it's illegal, provided that you give credit to holding company and original artist's concept. If it's copyrighted through and through on all fronts, you might have to ask for the rights to it and pay out royalty.

Odd I would ever see such a subject posted in the senate, or anywhere else in LF for that matter.

• 7 months later...

Archived